1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by TheLupineOne, Mar 23, 2010.

1. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

Besides Detective Pikachu, the only game that interests me this year is probably Dragon Quest XI, since I'm used to playing the series on handheld.

But if the Switch version ends up being announced to be released as the same time as the PS4 and 3DS versions, then I guess it's just one game for the year.

Don't think any of the big series are releasing a major title for this system anymore.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Even minor titles are pretty few & far at this point. Persona Q 2 is like the closest thing to a "notable" title I can think of and even then we haven't actually heard anything about it since its initial tease. There's also that sushi game no one cares about.

3. CyberBlaziken

From the looks of it, by the time Q 2 releases, I'm pretty sure there'd be more Switch games that I'd want and spend towards that.

4. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Surprised to see they jumped to Inside Story remake before Partners in Time.
    Edit: With WarioWare Gold, the only old IPs that remain to be seen in 3DS are Wario Land and Golden Sun.
    Edit 2: Dillon's new outfit and plot is a reference to Hokuto no Ken.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  5. CyberBlaziken

Yeah, I would LOVE to replay Partners in Time again.

But they might do it soon, then the series is on the 3DS completely.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

Maybe because it's the least liked of the bunch? I mean, it is extremely linear and has no side stuff to do.

7. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Man, the 3DS just doesn't die, it's getting games into 2019? Would've expected less games over the next year than it's gotten.

8. CyberBlaziken

Is it really? Thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay and the story, especially the touch screen features.

9. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Game
    Singular

I mean that probably means there's a few more but this was the most baffling part of the entire direct. Announcing a remake for 3ds.........for 2019. Here, now, in March 2018.

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

Superstar Saga had secrets.

Partners in Time didn't.

Superstar Saga had a bunch of mini-games.

Partners in Time had like one or two in a place you wouldn't think about going back (the volcano, at which point the story goes into overdrive).

SS had relatively fair boss fights.

PiT had bosses and enemies so hard that the international version had to be altered to make them easier to deal with.

SS had you going back to old areas to see new places.

PiT put you on a damn train that discouraged you from going back to old places, because they technically were left empty after a first run.

11. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Over the next year. As in between March 2018 and whenever 2019. There is going to be Luigi's Mansion, Captain Toad, and Mario & Luigi in that span.

12. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I replayed Partners in Time recently, the bosses honestly aren't that hard they just had overly inflated HP values. The hardest thing was the end boss gauntlet but let's get real here, Cackletta was supreme garbage to deal with.

I absolutely see why they'd skip over it, because it's never been exactly beloved, but I wouldn't call it bad

13. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Speaking of which, I wonder they will unleash on us. Four Swords Adventures port maybe?

14. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Ah sorry, misread what you were talking about because I am still reeling from 2019

15. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Finally, they are doing Gamecube remakes and a Wario Ware game on the 3DS. I wonder why they didn't do them sooner.

16. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

It shows you that Nintendo 3DS is here to stay, even to 2019. Some of them are ports, but it's understandable. I am so getting Luigi's Mansion for 3DS.

17. Pokemon Power

You know, the announcement of Luigi's Mansion 1 on 3DS is getting my hopes up for Super Mario Sunshine on 3DS. And it would make sense in a bunch of ways. It's currently the only classic Super Mario game that hasn't been re-released in any form, it would be a perfect successor to Super Mario 64 DS, and it introduced some iconic characters to the series like Toadsworth, the Piantas and Nokis, Bowser Jr., and Petey Piranha.

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

feel like sunshine would be better served by a HD port. Show off the fancy water and bloom

19. izumi44

izumi44 New Member

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  20. Pokemon Power