1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by TheLupineOne, Mar 23, 2010.

1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Rare-developed, though. Would not be the case in this hypothetical and not-gonna-happen scenario.

"You never know" continues to not be a particularly specific or effective point in favor of a given scenario.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I'd think Rare developing a remake post-merger is still relevant. Same with the 3 DKC GBA ports.

But regardless if they really wanted DK64 remade, they'd probably have no issues with it. Either get Rare to do it again (I guess out of courtsey to the originals) since microsoft clearly doesnt care that much or kick it off to Grezzo since Nintendo's the ones who own the game and its contents (sans jetpack). The only thing Rare kept in the merger was its personal IPs, Nintendo owns everything else.

I think the only game in the vein of DKC that actually has this issue is Super Mario RPG.

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I know how the IP split worked. It's why Banjo-Kazooie was able to end up on XBLA. My thinking was simply that Rare might still have some legal claim to the code and against any attempts beyond their own to change it, is all.

4. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I agree. And another thing, Microsoft doesn't have a portable system. That's why they were able to let Nintendo do GBA remakes of the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy and the aforementioned DS remake of Diddy Kong Racing. One of the big reasons why I think there will be a 3DS remake of Donkey Kong 64 is because if they do it, then they will have come full circle on remaking Rare's Donkey Kong titles on portable systems.

Last edited: May 16, 2018