• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Not 3D in the sense of regular 3D, 3D in the sense of glasses and all that stuff. But you know without the glasses. This is nuts, Nintendo's coming out with another first here.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Oh God.

Good lord, at this rate new types of DSs will be released as frequently as Guitar Hero. Many (including myself) get migraines when watching 3D, so this basically means that we won't get to play new games.

Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go, is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?

Blazing Charmander

I too am intrigued. I was wondering how Nintendo would make a step-up from the innovative touch controls on their next system, so i'll be interested to see whether this 3D aspect can be just as groundbreaking.

E3 will feel like ages away now...

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Oh God.

Good lord, at this rate new types of DSs will be released as frequently as Guitar Hero. Many (including myself) get migraines when watching 3D, so this basically means that we won't get to play new games.

Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go, is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?
Yeah if gimmicks equals to refreshing the market in such a crazy and unexpected way that they dominate the market from day 1 and **** every one over to the extent of having to catch up with them 3 years later in a desperate attempt to become as much as a success Nintendo have been.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
I can't wait to hear more about it, though talking about games for it are a long way aways, the Nintendo 3DS it self is a bit of proof that Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, and Elite Beat Agents sequals will happen, and maybe another Ganbare Goemon game too. I could be wrong about that, but only time will tell.

ForeverFlame

I don't care as long as Game Freak stays the hell away from 3D in the main Pokemon games. It's bad enough that Pokemon is already responsible for giving kids seizures, but now an entire handheld is going that way. You better get your lawyer ready...

Anyway, I'm doing exactly what I did with the Nintendo DS after being furious at Nintendo for releasing the Advance SP months after I bought my old Advance. I waited for the DS lite to come out.

Mark my words, a better version of the 3DS (I prefer the name DS2, honestly, though it's not as gimmicky) will be out within 12 to 24 months of this thing's release. And it'll probably take years for Pokemon Generation VI, so there's no need to splurge on this handheld just yet.

Surfing_Pikachu

Wat.
My guesses:
-Release on or before the release of 5th Gen in Japan and US (C'mon, how much would a Pokemon main series launch title with features only on the 3DS boost sales? Also, PBR was a wii launch title in Japan)
-iTouch-esque tilt sensor (not that its going to be used very often, but I almost garuntee they'll have one
-Gamecube-ish graphics
-If it has Gamecube-ish graphics, Sunshine 3DS could be a launch title
-Wii System Update on or before release allowing for 3DS compatibility (or it may not need an update)
-VERY, and I mean VERY few details until E3.
-It won't stay 3DS unless....3 screens? Two uptop could be easily manipulated to give a 3D look.

Knows:
-It's still going to have a touch screen before any idiot says it won't.

Hopes:
-Has iTouch-esque app store in which apps can be made and sold for cheap by indie developers

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Sounds interesting.

I would hope that Nintendo does the 3D aspect right this time, after its Virtual Boy disaster. I remember playing a demo on that monstrosity and getting a headache in ten minutes. So I don't think it's going to be anything like that.

This comes in a fairly timely manner-- the R key on my DSi is going, and it's already nearly gone on my DSLite, leaving my phat DS with the broken hinge. D:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

-It won't stay 3DS unless....3 screens? Two uptop could be easily manipulated to give a 3D look.
Uh, hello, 3D is for 3D, mixing in with the whole DS thing making it 3DS(3<=D=>S) so its a 3D-DS. Otherwise the way your going its 3dualscreens meaning 6 screens.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I don't care as long as Game Freak stays the hell away from 3D in the main Pokemon games. It's bad enough that Pokemon is already responsible for giving kids seizures, but now an entire handheld is going that way. You better get your lawyer ready...
Too late gamefreak already uses 3D affects on HGSS and Plat. I'm sure they'll use the 3D format for their games if only for a few cinematic shots.
Not a big deal haven't even bought a DSi. Won't buy a 3DS till I'm sure a better version won't come out.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
jesus christ give me some time to enjoy my current handheld, i'm not made of money.

The current DS has been out for 6 years.

3D has been used all the time before now, but I see where you are coming from.

I'm glad that the 3DS is coming out. I almost caved into buying a DSi because my DS classic has crappy battery life. Hopefully, it doesn't have the eye problems like stated above.

Last edited: