• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
ToTA has crappy 3D. I'm just not going to bother with it. It's still a great JRPG though. Definitely recommended to everyone that hasn't already played it on the PS2.

I was going to buy it since I never played it. The 3D doesn't mean much to me. I mean if it works for certain games I'm sure it is fun like for OoT but if it doesn't add much to other games but the game is still good I'll get it too.

But thanks for telling me ToTA is a good rpg

Jb

Tsun in the streets
If you don't have it now or have it on preorder good luck trying to find it anywhere anytime soon.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
If you don't have it now or have it on preorder good luck trying to find it anywhere anytime soon.

Oh I know a site that has it for around 27.99 so its all good. Just put my order in.

Chris

Old Coot
After playing TotA is seems the 3DS has issues with "ghosting" or something with the color scheme when playing in 3D. Not sure who the fault lies with but could be a sign that future ports should upscale the color or something.
The 3D was more or less an after thought. The game simply wasn't made to be played in 3D since it's a direct port from the PS2 version, with some obvious changes to compensate for being on a smaller screen.

Honestly, I only recommend TotA on the 3DS if A) You can't find the PS2 version or B) You live in Europe, where there was no PS2 version released. If you already have the PS2 version, you have no reason to get the 3DS port.

The 3D was more or less an after thought. The game simply wasn't made to be played in 3D since it's a direct port from the PS2 version, with some obvious changes to compensate for being on a smaller screen.

Honestly, I only recommend TotA on the 3DS if A) You can't find the PS2 version or B) You live in Europe, where there was no PS2 version released. If you already have the PS2 version, you have no reason to get the 3DS port.

or C) You don't have a PS2.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
For you Ambassadors, Super Mario Bros has an update available on the eShop which adds save states, a new home screen icon, etc. It's basically the "complete" game now. Have at it, guys.

Get to it through "Your Downloads".

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Since the Super Mario Bros update is out now in North America , I wouldn't doubt that everybody that ain't the Ambassadors would be able to buy it tomorrow. Though the only thing that is different is that non-Ambassadors have to pay about $5 with some sales tax while us Ambassadors got it for free. Then again I would also be somewhat save to say that we might get the Legend of Zelda update next week if they release the game on the eShop next Thursday.

But hey , I wonder why there is an update for the Pokedex 3D app out now. The only thing that comes to mind is if they went ahead and added Keldeo in their now. Bit hey , I do think that it might be though since that Keldeo is technically hasn't been announced any where else except Japan.

Zibdas

not bad
On another note, MGS' demo is out in Europe and NA tomorrow.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
But hey , I wonder why there is an update for the Pokedex 3D app out now. The only thing that comes to mind is if they went ahead and added Keldeo in their now. Bit hey , I do think that it might be though since that Keldeo is technically hasn't been announced any where else except Japan.

The only thing that comes to mind is...that you completely disregarded updating it several months ago, blog boy.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

Skydra

On another note, MGS' demo is out in Europe and NA tomorrow.
Great, maybe I can download it in the morning and play a bit during school hours.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I know, compared to other games, Abyss' 3D is okay. The animé cut-scenes in 3D…LOL. As for my experience, great game but not as good as Symphonia and I'm struggling…a lot…mostly due to the set difficulty. Don't try to convince me not to, I want to beat it on Hard in my first playthrough. The ad on the back of the instruction manual made me laugh.

Whole slew of updates, (as already stated) Super Mario Bros., the 3D Pokédex, Netflix, 3D Classics: Excitebike, the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, and the Ambassador's Certificate.