• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
It looks like 3DS is starting to get more games people would buy a console for. im still kinda on the fence but then again i might be wrong about waiting

Curiously enough, some of the updates including Link's Awakening DX are unknown. People haven't figured out what was updated. Although, in all liklihood, it was bug fixes.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I just look forward to when they update Metroid with save states like the other VC games. That way you can save when you're at full health and you don't have to sit there for an hour killing those things that come up out the pipes until you fill up six tanks.

I hope they update the GBA games too; Fire Emblem with that save state feature would be really handy.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I can't wait until Zelda, Zelda II, and Metroid get updated with glorious savestates. I can finally have a reason to not call those games completely terrible anymore! :D

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Whole slew of updates, (as already stated) Super Mario Bros., the 3D Pokédex, Netflix, 3D Classics: Excitebike, the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, and the Ambassador's Certificate.

Where did you get this information? I can go to the eShop screen for those titles, and it says "go to Update screen" but it seems like it says that for everything you've downloaded: it let me "update" Urban Champion, Kirby's Adventure, Pushmo, and Metroid 2.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Where did you get this information? I can go to the eShop screen for those titles, and it says "go to Update screen" but it seems like it says that for everything you've downloaded: it let me "update" Urban Champion, Kirby's Adventure, Pushmo, and Metroid 2.

"Menu" -> "Settings/Other" -> "Your Downloads".

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
"Menu" -> "Settings/Other" -> "Your Downloads".

Yeah, I remembered that right after I posted. I guess it's not everything; Four Swords doesn't have an update. But Pushmo, Excitebike, Urban Champion, Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario Bros, Link's Awakening, Metroid 2, Pokedex 3D and Ambassador Certificate all have updates.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I know, compared to other games, Abyss' 3D is okay. The animé cut-scenes in 3D…LOL. As for my experience, great game but not as good as Symphonia and I'm struggling…a lot…mostly due to the set difficulty. Don't try to convince me not to, I want to beat it on Hard in my first playthrough.

If you're having trouble then grind. Problem solved.

Zibdas

not bad
I just look forward to when they update Metroid with save states like the other VC games. That way you can save when you're at full health and you don't have to sit there for an hour killing those things that come up out the pipes until you fill up six tanks.

I hope they update the GBA games too; Fire Emblem with that save state feature would be really handy.

Unfortunately, Nintendo already confirmed that there won't be any save features for the GBA games that aren't already in the game.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Unfortunately, Nintendo already confirmed that there won't be any save features for the GBA games that aren't already in the game.

That's a shame.

I'm in the process of downloading all pertinent upgrades. What's the Pokédex 3D one about anyway? Couldn't be that pause button thing, I got the update for that the day it became available.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
At any point during a battle in Sacred Stones you can suspend the game and carry on later. It's more or less exactly how restore points work.

No, because if one of your characters dies then you can't start from that point again. Once you've loaded your suspend point it's gone, specifically to prevent what he'd like to use restore points for.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I know, compared to other games, Abyss' 3D is okay. The animé cut-scenes in 3D…LOL. As for my experience, great game but not as good as Symphonia and I'm struggling…a lot…mostly due to the set difficulty. Don't try to convince me not to, I want to beat it on Hard in my first playthrough. The ad on the back of the instruction manual made me laugh.

The first Sword Dancer has been kicking my *** lol.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

That sucks. They can't even give the GBA games sleep mode? Why do the GBA games have so many limitations compared to the other VC games? Is it a problem with emulating the GBA or do they just not feel like updating them is worth it?

Do you have a link to where they said this?

At any point during a battle in Sacred Stones you can suspend the game and carry on later. It's more or less exactly how restore points work.

I know what suspend is, I've played Fire Emblem since it first came out in America. And no, it's not like restore points. Once you resume from suspending, you can't go back to that suspension if you die. Restore points let you actually save anytime, a save that you can go back to as many times as you want.

Blazios

Seems the Europeans get different updates, then. No SMB, Pullblox (Pushmo) or Excitebike, but we also get Metroid II, Wrecking Crew, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber, Super Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong and Zelda II.

I'd normally be happier with Nintendo, but right now, I'm still waiting for the 3DC: Kid Icarus Download Code I was promised.

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
wow MGS is getting a handheld game? wait PSP right but still not a bad choice for console to play on. might wanna see how that turns out

Yes, we've known about this for a long time now. I think they announced it right after the 3DS was revealed, like Kid Icarus. It's a remake of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.