• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

7 tyranitars

I'm not sure if it's just me but when I play DQIX on the 3DS the volume is like twice as loud as it was on the DSi.

3DS haves a higher maximum volume.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I got a Streetpass for the first time in months at the store a bit ago, but for some reason at the Mii Plaza I didn't get any new Mii's. Maybe it's because they didn't set a Mii to share? I got a new ghost for Mario Kart 7, haven't checked that yet.

schumaga

I got one and I must say that I'm quite satisfied and impressed with the 3D effect. I bought MK7 and SM3D with it, and both games are absolutely awesome.
Anyway, I'm having some trouble with MK7 online - I can barely play because even though the internet connection is strong (works with all other games/apps and MK spotpass) I can't seem to find any partners or join any community. Am I the only one with this problem?

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
I got one and I must say that I'm quite satisfied and impressed with the 3D effect. I bought MK7 and SM3D with it, and both games are absolutely awesome.
Anyway, I'm having some trouble with MK7 online - I can barely play because even though the internet connection is strong (works with all other games/apps and MK spotpass) I can't seem to find any partners or join any community. Am I the only one with this problem?

Not me, when i go online (races or battles) it quickly finds the other players and starts the race/battle.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

I haven't had any issues either. You don't receive any errors, do you?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Glad that Metroid now has save states in the 3DS Virtual Console version of it. Now I can finally don't have to restart from the beginning of the game. Though what would be nice is if they included save states in the GBA Ambassador games. That is since we would be able to restart in the middle of a Chapter in Fire Emblem just in case we decide to go over and play something like Minish Cap for example. Then again this would be doubtful since that they said that they have no plans for having the GBA games on the eShop. Though when the DS finallys dies , if it ain't gonna be like the PS2 , would be a good guess for when they would.

ForeignDude

So the Nintendogs demo has only 10 uses. :eek:

I tried it out and hmm I'm guessing they really limited the stuff I could do in it because that wasn't very fun. I'm aware of the microphone being disabled but surely it has some more great stuff since it's so popular.

I havn't tried the Crush demo yet but did check out the trailer. Interesting, doesn't look like my type of game but I'll download it later. Only 18 days till the big day...I'm hoping a Rayman Origins Demo pops out soon.

Chris

Old Coot
I got a Streetpass for the first time in months at the store a bit ago, but for some reason at the Mii Plaza I didn't get any new Mii's. Maybe it's because they didn't set a Mii to share? I got a new ghost for Mario Kart 7, haven't checked that yet.
Either that, or you may have already StreetPassed with said person once before and the only new data they had to share was Mario Kart 7 data. Happened to me earlier this morning.

Aurath8

Glad that Metroid now has save states in the 3DS Virtual Console version of it. Now I can finally don't have to restart from the beginning of the game. Though what would be nice is if they included save states in the GBA Ambassador games. That is since we would be able to restart in the middle of a Chapter in Fire Emblem just in case we decide to go over and play something like Minish Cap for example. Then again this would be doubtful since that they said that they have no plans for having the GBA games on the eShop. Though when the DS finallys dies , if it ain't gonna be like the PS2 , would be a good guess for when they would.

I swear I've said this before, bubt Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones has the Suspend Feature, which, for all intents and purposes is exactly the same as the save state feature used for the NES games. The battle/skirmish is saved exactly where you left it and you're taken to the title screen, free to do whatever you want.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I swear I've said this before, bubt Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones has the Suspend Feature, which, for all intents and purposes is exactly the same as the save state feature used for the NES games. The battle/skirmish is saved exactly where you left it and you're taken to the title screen, free to do whatever you want.

No, it's completely different. As soon as you reload your suspend point it's gone. Save States don't disappear, you can load from them whenever you want. Suspending is good only for what the name implies, suspending. It's not a save feature.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
No, it's completely different. As soon as you reload your suspend point it's gone. Save States don't disappear, you can load from them whenever you want. Suspending is good only for what the name implies, suspending. It's not a save feature.

Even if you turn the game off without suspending on FE, it still brings you back to your last move, every time. The save state doesn't disappear.

In other news, I think I ran into a group of street passers today, since I found four people, one of whom I'd met before, with nearly identical puzzle pieces.
I unlocked Mario Kart, 3D land, Pilot wings and Rhythm paradise, each with a pink piece. I still haven't completed all 7 of the original ones though.

Last edited:

schumaga

I haven't had any issues either. You don't receive any errors, do you?

Error code: 006-0612

I read somewhere that it had to do with the strength of the signal, but that's definitely not the case since I have tried it just 2 meters away from the router. I even made some changes in the router settings, and I was able to do 5 races, but I tried again sometimes and it doesn't work like 70% of the time.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Error code: 006-0612

I read somewhere that it had to do with the strength of the signal, but that's definitely not the case since I have tried it just 2 meters away from the router. I even made some changes in the router settings, and I was able to do 5 races, but I tried again sometimes and it doesn't work like 70% of the time.

this happens sometimes to me too. but after i get the error, i get disconnected and i try again and it usually works on my second try or third