• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Skydra

Maybe because the 3DS never had a extra pad to use so games weren't developed with 2 sticks in mind?

Since the 3DS XL is just a bigger 3DS, maybe the games wouldn't be economical to develop?

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I won't be getting the 3DS XL. It does look nice but the 3DS fits my hand better and I can still play the new games on my 3DS.

MonkeyX

The 3DS XL looks pretty cool. I'll probably get one when they release a special color, like what they did with that sweet Zelda 3DS a few months after launch.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I really like the idea of the 3DS XL. The DSi XL was nice with its larger screens, especially since it made it easier (for me, at least) to use the touch screen.
I did pay the original $250 USD for the 3DS when it first came out, though, so I'm not too sure I'll be getting one.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Yeah the biggest complaint I've seen on articles about the 3DS XL is the lack of a second circle pad. They don't seem to grasp that there aren't many games out right now or being developed that have the use of a second circle pad in mind. It would make absolutely no sense to add something that wouldn't get any use. It would also alienate people who have the original one.

Do I see little nubs on the top to protect the screen from the lower screen marks? Great! Thats one of the the faults on mine that I hate in particular, that and its squeaky plastic bottom.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Uh.... didn't they just say they were satisfied with hardware this gen?

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Not getting a 3DS XL, payed the whole price for the regular last year and I just don't see the point.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Icay4321

Extra cost for something that is optional and has very little support?

Maybe because the 3DS never had a extra pad to use so games weren't developed with 2 sticks in mind?

Since the 3DS XL is just a bigger 3DS, maybe the games wouldn't be economical to develop?

Bravo, somebody here thinks logically. I like you.

That's exactly my point. It's an optional accessory.

Yeah the biggest complaint I've seen on articles about the 3DS XL is the lack of a second circle pad. They don't seem to grasp that there aren't many games out right now or being developed that have the use of a second circle pad in mind. It would make absolutely no sense to add something that wouldn't get any use. It would also alienate people who have the original one.

It's sad that these arguments are valid. Now, the second circle pad is part of a positive feedback loop where people don't buy the Circle Pad Pro because of the low amount of software that supports it, and games aren't being developed for it because people don't buy them. At least having the thing on the 3DS XL wouldn't hurt anything, and besides what would the extra cost be to Nintendo? Like, 100 yen per unit? I'd think that they could handle it just fine. Of course, the possibility of Circle Pad Pro XL and the equivalent from Nyko could mean more money in the future, so maybe that's the plan. But, you guys are also right, no need means no extra circle pad.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Bandai Namco is going to be working on the next Smash game? I demand that 2 Tales characters be put in(Lloyd and someone else). The Tales series needs exposure, I mean it worked for FE.

As for the 3DSXL, that thing is massive.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Bandai Namco is going to be working on the next Smash game? I demand that 2 Tales characters be put in(Lloyd and someone else). The Tales series needs exposure, I mean it worked for FE.

Agreed

They should also put Klonoa in there, the poor guy had a game on the Wii and it bombed in sales.

Anyway the 3DSXL is a bit of a rip off if you live in Europe and don't own a 3DS/DSi/DSiLX charger.

ForeverFlame

The 3DS XL will probably be terrible for Street Pass. Who wants to lug a giant thing like that around? The normal-sized 3DS can hardly fit in my pockets.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The 3DS XL will probably be terrible for Street Pass. Who wants to lug a giant thing like that around? The normal-sized 3DS can hardly fit in my pockets.
insert link to song from Dora the Explorer