• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Flame Mistress

I cringe at the dub of the series. I tried playing the games but the names and what they did to some o the people is omg lol
Some of the names are pretty cool (Xavier Foster, Aqualina Schiller), while some are pretty bad (Bobby Shearer, Nelly Raimon), and some are just utterly ridiculous (Dave Quagmire? Seriously?). I'm still interested in playing the games, though.

On topic (whatever that is), I picked up Harvest Moon: A New Beginning off the eShop today. It should hold me over for awhile.
Speaking of which, still no European release date for A New Beginning?

Last edited:
Speaking of which, still no European release date for A New Beginning?

According to my source of information for all things HM-related, Natsume's forums, there isn't anything as of yet regarding the release date in Europe.

There's also no real indication of Rune Factory 4 being localized outside of a comment from one of the teams that worked on one of the previous RF titles saying they'd be interested in doing it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
On topic (whatever that is), I picked up Harvest Moon: A New Beginning off the eShop today. It should hold me over for awhile.

How do you like it? I haven't enjoyed a Harvest Moon since Friends of Mineral Town on GBA.

How do you like it? I haven't enjoyed a Harvest Moon since Friends of Mineral Town on GBA.

This game is absolute gold. I haven't had this much fun with a standard HM title in a long time.
It starts off a bit slow, but picks up soon enough.

edit: and to add even more, apparently, there's this gift exchange where you can trade items with other HM players. I haven't unlocked it yet.

And since I'm editing this thing...
You start off in a town that is pretty bare bones. You meet Dunhill who seems to be the mayor. He doesn't act, look, or seem like the stereotypical mayors of HMs past (which are usually overweight, obnoxous idiots with a love for potatoes.) He has a look of ruggedness to him.
There's Hana, an old lady who runs the seed store. I don't know too much about her.
And the last person in town is Emma. She runs shipping. And the shipping box is outside of her house.
I got one person to move into town before I went to bed last night. His name is Neil, and he sells animals and all the things that go with them.

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

This game is absolute gold. I haven't had this much fun with a standard HM title in a long time.

edit: and to add even more, apparently, there's this gift exchange where you can trade items with other HM players. I haven't unlocked it yet.

You start off in a town that is pretty bare bones. You meet Dunhill who seems to be the mayor. He doesn't act, look, or seem like the stereotypical mayors of HMs past (which are usually overweight, obnoxous idiots with a love for potatoes.) He has a look of ruggedness to him.
There's Hana, an old lady who runs the seed store. I don't know too much about her.
And the last person in town is Emma. She runs shipping. And the shipping box is outside of her house.
I got one person to move into town before I went to bed last night. His name is Neil, and he sells animals and all the things that go with them.

Thanks for making me want this game even more now. =/ I really need to pick up my TToTT copy again, I haven't played it since I bought White 2.

Recon

So glad I'm getting this for Christmas. It's like a sandbox game, which I love, and it goes on forever, with so much to do. Still need to finish my mine in ToTT

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Hmm. You've talked it up quite nicely. I'll have to look into it a bit more, could be worth my time.

Okay, I've got a bit of a follow-up to the Harvest Moon stuff I posted earlier.
On the 15th of spring, a woman named Iroha moves in. She becomes the new town blacksmith. She'll give you your first hammer and axe. From then on you'll be able to buy more hammers and axes from Hana. Now you can get rid of a few pesky trees.
On the 25th of spring, the game really speeds up. You'll be able to edit your farm and build structures. I plan on redesigning the layout of my farm. I hate the current layout. It's inefficient.

Oh, and Dunhill is pretty much confirmed to be the mayor. He came over to my house one morning and decided to start holding festivals, which the town hasn't been doing due to the lack of residents.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
What? I missed Harvest Moon talk?

Going to put my two cents in anyway. If you're on the fence about getting it, get it!! It has a slow start, but after that it's amazing! Best Harvest Moon in a long time.

Recon

What? I missed Harvest Moon talk?

Going to put my two cents in anyway. If you're on the fence about getting it, get it!! It has a slow start, but after that it's amazing! Best Harvest Moon in a long time.

I actually got it recently too. I agree, it takes time to start up, that's for sure. But once it does, it's a lot of fun. The game kind of reminds me of Friends of Mineral Town which first brought me in to the franchise and I loved it a lot because of it. In the end, it's just a ton of fun, though I wish the camera didn't feel so awkward.

I'm looking to gain a few friends for the purposes of trading items and resources.
Also, brushing cows.

Alright, it sounds like it's well worth it. I'll take a look around some stores and see if I can find it. I prefer my console games physical.

Good luck and happy hunting.

edit: Awwwww, Dunhill doesn't deliver my newspaper anymore. :( Now what's he gonna do?

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

Arghhhhhh WHY IS THERE NO RELEASE DATE FOR THIS GAME IN EUROPE YET?

Rising Star Games, it's nice of you to localize Virtue's Last Reward for us, but really?

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Alright, it sounds like it's well worth it. I'll take a look around some stores and see if I can find it. I prefer my console games physical.

My local EB games had it just this past weekend. Then again, they rarely get sold out, especially Nintendo titles.

It definitely does sound like it's worth it. I had picked it up, but changed my mind and got Black 2 instead. I just might have to go back soon :)