• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Are you talking about Tri, or MH3U demo that just got released?

I've never played a Monster Hunter Game before I just downloaded the demo earlier today and played around with it for a while. Apart from it being just a typical demo I'm both impressed and dying to play the real thing. I messed around with all the classes except Dual Sword/Long Sword/Lance/and Heavy Bow just seeing what they all do and how well I am with them. I'm most likely going to get a CPP(I don't even care if this is the only game that uses it), but besides that I can't wait to play this game next month, that and getting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon :)

I'm talking about Tri. MH3U is fine, despite the water controls being next to impossible without a CPP. I'm disappointed the water combat was put back in, since its incredibly cumbersome but it's too late now. I'll have to buy a CPP XL whenever they release here.

If you're having trouble picking a weapon, Longswords are a great place to start. They're easy to use and are relatively forgiving. It's a good weapon to learn the game with, and then you can branch out later when you're more familiar with the monsters and environments.

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
There is a monster hunter WiiU coming out?!?!?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
There is a monster hunter WiiU coming out?!?!?
Well yea, it's coming out for the WiiU same as the 3DS. The WiiU is going to be the only one that can connect online, 3DS can only do local :p

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Well yea, it's coming out for the WiiU same as the 3DS. The WiiU is going to be the only one that can connect online, 3DS can only do local :p

Although, perhaps the 3DS may be able to connect with the Wii U. They say it'll be done for the new Smash Bros game coming out for it too, so we could figure as such.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Although, perhaps the 3DS may be able to connect with the Wii U. They say it'll be done for the new Smash Bros game coming out for it too, so we could figure as such.

In Japan, they're releasing some silly dongle that will let you play the 3DS version online, but you can only connect to a lobby created by a Wii U console. So that's as far as the 3DS can get in terms of online play for MH.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
In Japan, they're releasing some silly dongle that will let you play the 3DS version online, but you can only connect to a lobby created by a Wii U console. So that's as far as the 3DS can get in terms of online play for MH.
It's still slightly disappointing for me since I don't have a WiiU :(
....oh well.

Rakurai

I tried out the MH3U demo today.

Having played Tri, I didn't have any issues taking down the two monsters available using a light bowgun (My preferred weapon in the original).

I welcomed the addition of the ability to automatically turn the camera towards the monsters. It seems especially useful for underwater combat.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Can 3DS not connect to the original DS and DSi?

i ask because i had HG in my 3DS and Pearl in my DS and couldnt get the union room to work.

Neither trainer was showing up in the other games union room

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Ha, I knew it.

But remember. For some evil corporate reason, you can't turn it back on if you turn it off while playing a DS game.
Its not an "evil "corporate reason" that you can't, its because the DS emulation does not support it thanks to the DSi being software based instead of hardware based.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How long does the 3DS last when its battery goes down to red?

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
So I downloaded the MH3U demo, and I'm pretty confused haha. It's too hard for me :( But I will try again later and read the manual. The learning curve is crazy and I am not used to the controls.