• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
You should definitely pick it up.... I was on the fence about many consoles/games, but when I caved and bought them- I loved them....

I'm just venting right now, I'm really unhappy. So Target didn't know how many Pikachu 3DS they had in stock, and so even though I preordered and they were getting ready to charge me full price instead of holding to their own price match policy, they canceled my order. The whole point of preordering was so that I would be sure I would have one.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
At least you got your money back. Now you can buy a normal 3DS for like 50 bucks cheaper.

dynamitedawsen

I just need enough money for a 3ds xl and I look online but they all same overpriced but they all are around the same area. I jut want to be a honest vendor

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
I got my shocking beauty at regular price at wal mart...
image.jpg

Chris

Old Coot
I'm just venting right now, I'm really unhappy. So Target didn't know how many Pikachu 3DS they had in stock, and so even though I preordered and they were getting ready to charge me full price instead of holding to their own price match policy, they canceled my order. The whole point of preordering was so that I would be sure I would have one.
Blame that one on Nintendo for not delivering a whole lot to the stores. Nintendo delivered a relatively small number of units to each retailer.

ForeverFlame

Nintendo of America is undershipping everything. It's almost as though they don't want our money.

BCVM22

It's almost as if they purposely generated artificial scarcity on an item by only producing a small number of them.

Nah, let's just go with "they don't want [your] money."

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Isn't there a conspiracy theory going around that Nintendo is intentionally under shipping games as to push buyers to go digital?

Chris

Old Coot
Isn't that the point of "limited edition" to not have a whole lot in stores?
Yes, however the amount available seems to have been much smaller than previously released LE handhelds, with the exception of the Fire Emblem 3DS, which had just as small of a release.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
It's almost as if they purposely generated artificial scarcity on an item by only producing a small number of them.

Nah, let's just go with "they don't want [your] money."

Well, one of the goods things that can come from this is that they'll have a higher value once time comes to pass. At least, that what I've come to experience with similar scenarios to this one.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Dont they make more money with digital downloads? as they can charge the same, but not spend money on packaging?

Also does this mean my fire emblem cart will be worth load'sa money in the future?

Recon

Dont they make more money with digital downloads? as they can charge the same, but not spend money on packaging?

Also does this mean my fire emblem cart will be worth load'sa money in the future?

No, If it's been used, it's worth a lot less. If it's still in the unopened box, it's worth a little more but not much. In fact, I doubt it'll be worth anything over the years as there are going to be more cartridges.

The Fire Emblem 3DS on the other hand, might be still worth a good amount of money in the future even if used, though not as much as one in mint condition. Same goes for the other limited supply 3DS like the LoZ 3DS and the Pikachu 3DS XL

Chris

Old Coot
In the future? Probably. Right now, it's already somewhat costly to buy a copy outside of the eShop. Depends entirely on if Nintendo will print more copies and when they'll stop.