• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Well I've seen many people over the age of 18 enjoy the game, but mainly for its story and humor.

That's good, I love good stories. So I should get all the games mentined previously?

Edited:

Actually, going to keep mario land 3d and play it through on my XL and then trade it in afterwards.

Last edited:

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Well I've seen many people over the age of 18 enjoy the game, but mainly for its story and humor.

The game constantly references other Nintendo games and the conversations between Pit and Palutanea keep the game interesting, however without the included stand, it's a bit of a pain to play :/ The multiplayer is great too, but again the controls kind of need the stand so it's not to portable.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
The game constantly references other Nintendo games and the conversations between Pit and Palutanea keep the game interesting, however without the included stand, it's a bit of a pain to play :/ The multiplayer is great too, but again the controls kind of need the stand so it's not to portable.

Really, well won't be getting it if it isn't very portable then.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Really it depends on how big your hands are, or if you have an XL, I have a regular and somewhat big hands and I can manage quite without using the stand.

XL but I kinda have smallish hands

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll agree that the gameplay is tough to get used to at first, but I've been able to manage Kid Icarus: Uprising now without the stand. I think I lost it. A few chapters in, it felt like a hassle to use, and I have a standard 3DS. It works out just fine, and I found it much more enjoyable and lasting than Super Mario 3D Land. Ultimately, it's your choice anyway, not ours.

Pokemon Power

Say, what would you guys add if you made a 3DS update? Me, I would add Miiverse connectivity and extend the number of tags at a time in StreetPass from 10 to 15.

Zibdas

not bad
Say, what would you guys add if you made a 3DS update? Me, I would add Miiverse connectivity and extend the number of tags at a time in StreetPass from 10 to 15.

I'd add some sort of messaging to the friends list like you can do in AC

poix_the_yak

I stay noided

Really, well won't be getting it if it isn't very portable then.

I have never used the stand and have over 200 hours logged, I think you'll be fine. Plus it's an amazing game, one of the best I've played. It's kinda hard to play in the car, though.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I have never used the stand and have over 200 hours logged, I think you'll be fine. Plus it's an amazing game, one of the best I've played. It's kinda hard to play in the car, though.

I hope to use it in the likes so if that makes it difficult to use I'm going to avoid it

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
That was one of the main reasons why i didnt get it, but if its ok without it then maybe....
Either way, i got the new update......no clue what it does XD

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
That was one of the main reasons why i didnt get it, but if its ok without it then maybe....
Either way, i got the new update......no clue what it does XD

You mean the digital save data backups? At least, if you're in the U.S., that's the one. This might help you, but it's pretty self explanatory. You can now make a backup of your digital save data that gets saved onto your SD card.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
You mean the digital save data backups? At least, if you're in the U.S., that's the one. This might help you, but it's pretty self explanatory. You can now make a backup of your digital save data that gets saved onto your SD card.
Thanks, and yeah, its that one. I dont usually notice what the updates do unless it directly affects my gameplay XD

dman_dustin

I'd make it so there's some kind of achievement list of some kind, where you could win play coins (or a game where a score of 100,000 points is the equivalent to 1 play coin).

Because only 10 play coins a day is ridiculous, when there are many games out there that need more than 10 play coins. I'm not asking for more than 10 a day just by walking, I just think there should be more methods to earning play coins. Because I think 30 coins a day would be better incentive than only 10 a day. Hell I'll take 20 coins a day. Just not 10.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
For me, I would like a higher cap on the max amount of coins. I'm in preference for maybe one or two hundred. Maybe even voice chat with those on your Friend List, or chatting back and forth between co-op. I dunno, something like that may be great or bad, considering how they approach the idea/update.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
For me, I would like a higher cap on the max amount of coins. I'm in preference for maybe one or two hundred. Maybe even voice chat with those on your Friend List, or chatting back and forth between co-op. I dunno, something like that may be great or bad, considering how they approach the idea/update.

I don't know what the max is, but its higher than 200. I've had over 250 before.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know what the max is, but its higher than 200. I've had over 250 before.

My brother has this annoying habit of always pacing while listening to music on his 3DS. He's reached the cap many times, which is 300. I never come close since I always use them right away. :p

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
Yeah, the cap is 300. I keep it at 300 and never use more than 10 a day in case a game comes along in which I want to use them.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Yeah, the cap is 300. I keep it at 300 and never use more than 10 a day in case a game comes along in which I want to use them.

Yep, pretty much my routine for the coins. Honestly, I now just use them for the fortune cookies in New Leaf, hopefully acquiring some cool things. So far, I've gotten a Triforce replica, and my favorite, Majora's Mask.