• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I have 'Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros' (have no idea why us Brits have the 'Bros' there) and I can confirm it's great! Haven't been playing it loads - I'm about 15 hours or so in - but it's definitely on par with 'Bowser's Inside Story'. It's funny for sure (especially the part I'm on, it has a couple of the... stranger characters from the trailer in) and I appreciate how the brothers themselves are given more personality than usual. It plays pretty much the same as well, which I appreciate considering that the 'BIS' battle style has got to be one of my favourite gameplay styles in pretty much any game - a good mix between being turn-based and something more dynamic. Music's just as good too - can't decide which boss theme I prefer more! I also quite like how they brought back Starlow and Broque*, it's nice to see that they aren't treating their RPGS casts as one-off characters (though maybe some people disagree!). My one problem as that I seem to be getting new moves etc. rather slowly, I'm one of those people who likes to have a good portion of abilities available near the start. Overall though, if you liked 'Bowser's Inside Story', you'll love this just as much! I know I am!

Also, because of this Letter Box news, I may need to get help to get some of the stationery I missed. Any advice on where to ask? Or is this thread fine?

*(Not a spoiler, you meet both early in the game and both were in trailers)

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
After watching the animated series and Feminist Frequency's videos this news leaves this odd taste in my mouth.

Oh me too, especially since Anita doesn't have a clue what she's talking about, steals clip from someone else without crediting them and clearly all her opinion.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team comes out tomorrow, guys.

Heh you guys in the US only just got that game, where I am almost finished with it.

I'm completely in love with M&L:4. The second boss battle had to be the best one I've seen so far which was incredibly long (meaning that the bosses in this game are a little more resilient than in BiS...unless you're way too much into increasing POW).

Hmm not really, it's just that you don't have the badges, access to better items or haven't unlocked the bros attack yet. While the game isn't easy easy at Bowser's inside story but it isn't hard either.

I have 'Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros' (have no idea why us Brits have the 'Bros' there)

Because Europe is awesome and beside it isn't like that it's incorrect.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I'm only up to the second Dream World portal in Dream Team, but I'm already enjoying it far more than the previous game. This certainly is redemption for Mario RPGs after the Sticker Star disaster.

KillerDraco

I'm only up to the second Dream World portal in Dream Team, but I'm already enjoying it far more than the previous game. This certainly is redemption for Mario RPGs after the Sticker Star disaster.

Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario are like apples and oranges. The Mario & Luigi games have had pretty consistent success, imo.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Ok playing dream team, fighting a boss that spawns smaller enemies, killed one of them and got a 'secret box' so I use it, it KO's everything on the field! Including the bros! I'm scared to use them now, though I wish we still had the retry clocks instead of unlimited retry.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I picked up Dream Team today, and I'm loving it, even though I'm only like two hours in. I'm going to be playing this for a while. I can tell it's going to be competing with ACNL for which gets more play time now!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario are like apples and oranges. The Mario & Luigi games have had pretty consistent success, imo.

They've definitely had more consistent success than the Paper Mario series, though in my book Sticker Star was PM's only failure.

Regardless, though, I played a little more and I'm definitely enjoying it more than Bowser's Inside Story so far.

dman_dustin

Does Anyone know where I can find the Deep Green Mosses from the challenge quest you get early in the game. I have 2/3 and I have no idea where I got them, and I heard that the locations were set, but I can't seem the final one. Can anyone help, with either a detailed location of where to find it, or perhaps a map of where to find them.

I would look hard myself, but I keep running into and battling demons, and while I am fairly decent, I hate running into demons, because it turns me around and then I have no idea where I am going. Plus battling all these demons are just a waste of my time (health and MP). I want to find the green moss, get it, complete my three challenge quests, and move on. Especially when I have to make constant trips to the Barracks, because these demons won't leave me the hell alone.

So help would be very appreciated.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Does Anyone know where I can find the Deep Green Mosses from the challenge quest you get early in the game. I have 2/3 and I have no idea where I got them, and I heard that the locations were set, but I can't seem the final one. Can anyone help, with either a detailed location of where to find it, or perhaps a map of where to find them.

The Deep Green Mosses are found in the the piles of junk scattered around Naraku, and drop like Relics do. Look at your map to see which parts of Naraku you haven't visited, and check there. I don't know which ones you have already, but just keep looting.

I would look hard myself, but I keep running into and battling demons, and while I am fairly decent, I hate running into demons, because it turns me around and then I have no idea where I am going. Plus battling all these demons are just a waste of my time (health and MP). I want to find the green moss, get it, complete my three challenge quests, and move on. Especially when I have to make constant trips to the Barracks, because these demons won't leave me the hell alone.

I'd suggest that you try to recruit some of the demons you're encountering, since if you Scout a demon you already have, the battle will end (occasionally you'll get a bonus such as an item, Macca, or slight health/MP healing). Recruit more demons, and if some start running low on health or MP, switch them out. Feel free to fuse and then recruit more, of course; fused demons will have a better selection of skills than fresh ones, and you can get different demons than you've got from just recruiting.

If the battles are really that hard for you, you probably ought to level up a bit. Leveling up will give you points to distribute to your attributes (Agility and either Strength or Magic are probably your most important ones right now), it'll raise the level ceiling for demon recruitment and fusion, it'll raise your max HP and MP (as well as restore them), and give you App Points, which you ought to save for some of the better Apps (demon skill slots, demon stock slots, Demolingual, Skill Smoother, Compendium summon discounts, etc).

dman_dustin

The Deep Green Mosses are found in the the piles of junk scattered around Naraku, and drop like Relics do. Look at your map to see which parts of Naraku you haven't visited, and check there. I don't know which ones you have already, but just keep looting.

I found it by a happy accident, I found a crawl space location, and it led me somewhere new in the first floor and I found it.

I'd suggest that you try to recruit some of the demons you're encountering, since if you Scout a demon you already have, the battle will end (occasionally you'll get a bonus such as an item, Macca, or slight health/MP healing). Recruit more demons, and if some start running low on health or MP, switch them out. Feel free to fuse and then recruit more, of course; fused demons will have a better selection of skills than fresh ones, and you can get different demons than you've got from just recruiting.

If the battles are really that hard for you, you probably ought to level up a bit. Leveling up will give you points to distribute to your attributes (Agility and either Strength or Magic are probably your most important ones right now), it'll raise the level ceiling for demon recruitment and fusion, it'll raise your max HP and MP (as well as restore them), and give you App Points, which you ought to save for some of the better Apps (demon skill slots, demon stock slots, Demolingual, Skill Smoother, Compendium summon discounts, etc).

I have plenty of demons, I just get in trouble when my demons have low MP, and the enemy hits me with pre-emptive strikes.

It's not a one time issue, it's a cumulative effect when searching for things, and I run into 5 demon battles, and I'm spending a lot of MP, just to end the battle quickly. And then some enemies strike my demons for 50 HP at a time (even though they are at a higher level and a neutral element), some often are close to OHKOs. I just rely on the Barracks, simply because of MP issues, I do have Dia, so I'm not too pressed on the HP issue. I just wish I found items that restored my MP, and a lot of that item.

Why is it always MP, in these type of games that are hard to restore on the battlefield? Oh well.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have plenty of demons, I just get in trouble when my demons have low MP, and the enemy hits me with pre-emptive strikes.

You snooze, you lose. Preemptive strikes will get you throughout the whole game; best thing you can do about it is go for your own preemptive strike.

It's not a one time issue, it's a cumulative effect when searching for things, and I run into 5 demon battles, and I'm spending a lot of MP, just to end the battle quickly.

You don't need to do that if you have the demon you're fighting on you; Scout the demons you've already got, and try to use more regular attacks when you can. High Strength demons can do well with those, and IIRC the only thing in Naraku that resists Physical is the Lham Deargs.

I just wish I found items that restored my MP, and a lot of that item.

They'll start showing up later in the game, don't worry.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Debating between SMT IV,Dream Team or PKNM MD. All look fun. Wish we got more info on Mr.Inafune's new ip

Scratch PKMN MD as it doesn't have all the Pokémon (even the previous popular ones from previous gens) since it's not that good as a spin-off.

The other two, though? You can't go wrong with either one. Bonus if you have FE: Awakening and buy SMT IV to get an extra $30 from Club Nintendo.

PokemonFan13

Scratch PKMN MD as it doesn't have all the Pokémon (even the previous popular ones from previous gens) since it's not that good as a spin-off.

The other two, though? You can't go wrong with either one. Bonus if you have FE: Awakening and buy SMT IV to get an extra $30 from Club Nintendo.

Ah cool never played the Mario RPGs well played Sticker Star but nto sure if that counts

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I've not had the chance to play Dream Team, but I'd recommend SMT IV if you're looking for a bit of a challenge (and want a 'mon-based JRPG to tide you over until XY). I found it to be a rewarding experience, though there are a few Guide Dang It moments. It's fairly plot-intensive, and there's a lot of customization available through demons and abilities and such.

BCVM22

That would be a terrible sole reason to label it "not that good" or otherwise not buy it. It wouldn't even be a very good contributing reason.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That would be a terrible sole reason to label it "not that good" or otherwise not buy it. It wouldn't even be a very good contributing reason.

What he's getting at is that the 150some Pokemon in GtI don't give the game a satisfying amount of variety, which is a legitimate complaint against the game.

BCVM22

It might hold more water as a complaint if the games were linked to the core gameplay, like how the original Pokémon Stadium only had a select number of the original 151.

Complaining that the entire 649 aren't playable in a game where the critters play as vague facsimiles of themselves, at best, is a tenuous complaint at best. Again, it's a poor sole reason to not buy the game and doesn't fare much better even as a contributing reason.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If you're buying Mystery Dungeon for the Pokemon you need to rethink your decision. Mystery Dungeon games are mostly about the story, which Pokemon are in the game or which Pokemon you use doesn't really matter.