• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
The settings menu is in the brightness position now, and the menus seemed to be different. Its not the biggest change, but I would expect nintendo to have that change on the whole 3DS line.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
The settings menu is in the brightness position now, and the menus seemed to be different. Its not the biggest change, but I would expect nintendo to have that change on the whole 3DS line.

I have that on my 3ds, and I got it a few months after the price drop

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Unless it's only like that on the 2DS.

2DS_straight_on_red.png

Are we sure that's the Settings wrench and not like...

a flashlight

It... might be, but I sort of doubt it.

Profesco

gone gently
You can dismiss them other than that they linger in the lobby. You can use them for the Mii games only so long and then they're unavailable but that doesn't make them leave the plaza.

Well that's unfortunate. You mean even the Miis we actually get to keep in our Plaza will only perform a little bit in the Plaza games and then they're just dead weight? Shucks.

I hear that in Japan it's common habit to carry your Nintendo handheld around on every trip out, so the folks in that country get Streetpasses all the time; while here in the US (and in Europe), that's such a rare occurrence that even though the sales of 3DSes across countries don't differ much we experience just 10% of the Streetpass fare the Japanese do. Hence the relay zone idea.

But I went out all day today and got only two Streetpass hits, and both from the same location. None of the common Nintendo Zones around my city seem to be functioning (places like Starbucks and McDonalds - of which I hung around about five total today), and apparently that's a wide-ranging problem. You can find this same complaint among many Nintendo/3DS/gaming websites.

Also, curiously, I got a notification today that a new Swapnote was awaiting me, but I had to shut the system down before checking it out. When next I opened up Swapnote, there was nothing new to be found. So my first three days with a 3DS have either been glitchy or (hopefully) just a very unrepresentative run of shabby luck. >_<

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Uh, yeah. Hi-Res press shots confirm the shape of a wrench. As I said, minute change, but still important. And that's without knowing just what else they moved about.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Maybe we're getting that wrench during the 2DS's release day through an update.

Which is evil considering it's the day you get your precious Pokémon game, delaying the time you get to play your game once you realize the update is needed! Mwahahahahaha.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
That's the thing, october has no firmware updates. And I really would be surprised if nintendo tweaked the OS just for the 2DS

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Maybe we're getting that wrench during the 2DS's release day through an update.

Which is evil considering it's the day you get your precious Pokémon game, delaying the time you get to play your game once you realize the update is needed! Mwahahahahaha.

You can always skip the update and do it later.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I thought the updates were forced on you and wouldn't let you play the games they come with if you opted out?
If you wait a few hours/days, You only can't access the eShop until you've upgraded. Games usually will continue to work, unless the game was uses thing from the lastest patches.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Considering that the 2DS is targeted at the younger age group, it makes sense that the brightness setting would be represented by a flashlight, since kids would probably related more to light that the sun. Or, at least I did.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yay. It has a new Copy Ability: Beetle. Looks interesting.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
New Kirby looks shiny and interesting.

LoZ game has some weird thing going on there with the rent-a-item-for-dungeon shop going on. Wonder how that'll actually work out in practise, but maybe it'll keep rupees important throughout the game?

Bravely default 6th December, and pre order bonus of an art book for at least some countries, it seems.