• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Zachmac

1) A Shuffle Favorites feature has been added under Change Theme in HOME Menu Settings. Users can choose multiple themes and have their theme change when the system is left in Sleep Mode from the HOME Menu or turned on after being off
Just when I finally convinced myself I don't need more then one 3DS theme.

I know where my leftover Christmas money will be going.

JigglyKirby

If you haven't actually saved anything to the system yet then you don't need to. It automatically creates any system files it needs.
In fact, I took the 4gb Micro SDHC and using the adapter, copied the folder to PC and then to the 32GB Micro SDHC.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
1) A Shuffle Favorites feature has been added under Change Theme in HOME Menu Settings. Users can choose multiple themes and have their theme change when the system is left in Sleep Mode from the HOME Menu or turned on after being off

Yes! I have so many themes I usually think of changing each week.

I also have a Halloween theme. HALLOWEEN WILL NEVER BE OVER.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The theme shuffling is definitely a clever little addition, I only bought the Primal Groudon/Kyogre theme since I wanted a non-generic theme and had no plans to buy many more unless I really wanted them. The theme shuffling does a pretty good job of justifying purchasing more themes and I can definitely see myself buying a few more like the Smash Bros. themes, maybe even all four of them eventually.

Torpoleon

The theme shuffling is definitely a clever little addition, I only bought the Primal Groudon/Kyogre theme since I wanted a non-generic theme and had no plans to buy many more unless I really wanted them. The theme shuffling does a pretty good job of justifying purchasing more themes and I can definitely see myself buying a few more like the Smash Bros. themes, maybe even all four of them eventually.
Me too! I only have the ALBW & ORAS ones, but I now might buy the Smash and Skyward Sword ones when I get the money.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
3DS is the first console to have four different two million sellers in five months in Japan, those games being

Youkai Watch 2
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
Monster Hunter 4G
Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

sauce

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Friendly reminder that Tetris will be off the eShop on the 31st.

Pick it up now, as there's no later.

Torpoleon

How was everyone's playtime in 2014? I played for 556 hours and 45 minutes, which is the second highest, behind 2013 with 657 hours and 46 minutes!

My 3 most played games in 2014:
Smash 3DS with 145 hours and 56 minutes
Omega Ruby with 120 hours and 28 minutes
Pokémon Y with 59 hours and 41 minutes

Definitely expecting playtime to drop this year.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
How was everyone's playtime in 2014? I played for 556 hours and 45 minutes, which is the second highest, behind 2013 with 657 hours and 46 minutes!

My 3 most played games in 2014:
Smash 3DS with 145 hours and 56 minutes
Omega Ruby with 120 hours and 28 minutes
Pokémon Y with 59 hours and 41 minutes

Definitely expecting playtime to drop this year.

101 hours and 1 minute less? Tssk tssk Meatman Reggie is disappointed in you.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I played 144:07 and took 22,029 steps.
Bravely Default: 50:05
Omega Ruby: 22:12
Etrian Odyssey II (Don't play this game): 15:44

My attention was really not on my 3DS at all, and probably wont be next year either. Less than half the playtime I had in 2013.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I played 1330:44 and tok 375,400 steps in 2014.

Pokemon Y: 511:03
Omega Ruby: 256:08 (about 60 of these hours is from legendary resetting)
Smash 3DS: 159:28
Bravely Default: 129:43
Pokemon Black: 78:57
Battle Trozei: 35:47
White 2: 35:38
Fire Emblem Awakening: 17:03

Not sure I have many comments, definitely didn't think I played Gen 5 Pokemon games that much though.