• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

achilles90

Since I couldn't find another thread to put this, and I'm really only holding my breath for KH3 (please let there be a limited edition KH3 PS4!), I will be posting these Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate multiplayer demo codes I just received via e-mail.

Keep in mind that these are from Australia and I am unsure if they're region locked. If you snag one, congrads and enjoy!

A078AWVC362WFXSG

A07868RS2QGX40KF

A0782ULG0SQHQ687

A0789K171VTPA1JD

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
The only thing i'm concerned about with this New 3DSXL is the sound! And any hopes that they greatly improve on it. I would always wear my headphones when playing my 3DS. And if you're in a crowded place, smh you won't hear it at all! Not even a lil bit.

I may purchase one but if the sound quality ends up being the same as the current one i'm taking it back and geting my 200 i can spend on something else.

Tangeh

I actually quite like the 3DS speakers. I only use headphones if I don't want to disturb others.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Headphones usually give better sound quality then a systems speakers. Music sounds better, you hear sounds you probably never heard before.

In my opinion I wouldn't return a system if the speakers aren't any better, especially when it's in the same family(cause I'm pretty sure there just like the 3DS). Wait for the next gen handheld for better speakers. The New 3DS has better 3D(x100 better then the 3DS), built-in NFC and amiibo support, faster processor(plus now you can watch videos while online), added ZR, and LR buttons, also the C-stick as a second analog stick so there's no need for a bulky accessory.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I wonder why Europe is getting more promotions about the N3DS than America. Is Nintendo trying to test the waters with Europeans before they can roll out all of that stuff to America?

They may be waiting on American retailers to dump the rest of their OG 3DSs before shipping in the New 3DS.

...At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Rio!

Composer
I'm still holding out for a potential Fire Emblem Bundle to accommodate the new game later this year.
Still hoping that there's a normal-sized New 3DS though.
Is it possible for certain stores (especially gaming specialty stores) to allow you to do system-transfers in-store and still use it towards credit for a new purchase?
I imagine you'd have to speak with someone about this, but I'm not sure. :V

Vipsoccermaster

I wonder why Europe is getting more promotions about the N3DS than America. Is Nintendo trying to test the waters with Europeans before they can roll out all of that stuff to America?
Perhaps, but I think they're doing more promotions in Europe because they're trying to get Europeans to buy them. Nintendo in Europe is a small market. Nintendo is not strong in Europe aside from France. America is a very large market.

R_N

They may be waiting on American retailers to dump the rest of their OG 3DSs before shipping in the New 3DS.

...At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

There was one article on gamasutra ( http://gamasutra.com/blogs/ChristianNutt/20150114/234236/Whats_up_with_the_New_3DS.php )that theorizes, among other things, that american retailers might not want to stock the normal sized new 3ds and also its dozens and dozens of faceplates

and honestly i could kind of see that?
this is totally anecdotal on my end, but those areas dont have a ton of space for things like the faceplates et all. And then you account for all the space that amiibo needs to have

my horror thoughts: they make a new 2ds and its the worst of all worlds

Austratus

a paper man
There was one article on gamasutra [link snipped] that theorizes, among other things, that american retailers might not want to stock the normal sized new 3ds and also its dozens and dozens of faceplates

and honestly i could kind of see that?
this is totally anecdotal on my end, but those areas dont have a ton of space for things like the faceplates et all. And then you account for all the space that amiibo needs to have

my horror thoughts: they make a new 2ds and its the worst of all worlds
Now you mention it, I kind of see that. I mean, look at the shelf space used for Skylanders and Infinity-- while crossplatform, it's just two games with a whole bunch of collectibles.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Even I, an englishman, am surprised at how much NoE has been slaying it lately while NoA continually drops the ball (in the fans eyes atleast). Especially after how much the region was screwed over in the past.

Sure it might make sense business-wise but still doesn't make the decision any less crappy for fans.

In any other circumstance I wouldn't have bought the original XL but with the original 3ds hardware was so terrible I couldn't stand it anymore. After using the New 3DS for a week I don't see myself going back to a bigger size.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Honestly, the whole thing about the stocking shelf space for the faceplates would have not been that much of a major problem. It's more of the promoting type of thing in the long run.

Yeah, the Nintendo 2DS is promoted for kids; but, all of the other 3DS have the option to turn off/control the 3D plus the smarter shell like design. It's stupid in the long run but they probably guessed that a greater majority would turn to the XL because of many different reasons while they would end up with leftovers of the regular sized new 3DS. But hey, this is the same branch that didn't localize MOTHER 3 due to many beating around the bush reasons and didn't want to original localize Xenoblade until the massive fan support showed up and they don't want to admit it.

Besides, How was the GameBoy Micro when it came to stocking it's faceplates over in NA? I remember when it came out but don't remember much about how many there were stocked in stores.

BCVM22

But hey, this is the same branch that didn't localize MOTHER 3 due to many beating around the bush reasons and didn't want to original localize Xenoblade until the massive fan support showed up and they don't want to admit it.

These "issues" couldn't possibly be any less connected to why they did or didn't choose to release one sized model of a particular hardware.

R_N

Besides, How was the GameBoy Micro when it came to stocking it's faceplates over in NA? I remember when it came out but don't remember much about how many there were stocked in stores.

well the thing about that in comparison to this situation is, like, a decade
things can and likely have changed

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
the Game Boy Micro came out a year after the DS did

the New 3DS is the latest hardware revision for the current-gen handhelds

BCVM22

The shock ending is that this is the one sole time continuing to complain about it here will change it. What a twist!