• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Glad to see I'm not alone regarding the NEW 3DS situation in NA! It's insulting, infuriating and has made me lose faith in the company. I can absolutely not believe they have done this! The regular size version is a major improvement over the initial OG model meanwhile the New 3DS XL is only a smidge better than the original XL (crappy resolution and all was retained!). I have already tweeted and will be posting on Facebook as well. I will be emailing eventually as well.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
getting told about a hardware revision that looks cool and then having it cruelly withheld with only a bigger one available is like when you ask your parents for a 3DS and they get you a Vita

count your blessings, guys: it could be worse

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The whole decision just feels incredibly arbitrary and illogical though. What exactly is the problem with the NA market that they think the regular N3DS will sell worse than any other market? Honestly it's a good thing that so many people are complaining. Maybe that will convince Nintendo that there's enough demand for it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
getting told about a hardware revision that looks cool and then having it cruelly withheld with only a bigger one available is like when you ask your parents for a 3DS and they get you a Vita

count your blessings, guys: it could be worse

I'll take the Vita.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Glad to see I'm not alone regarding the NEW 3DS situation in NA! It's insulting, infuriating and has made me lose faith in the company. I can absolutely not believe they have done this! The regular size version is a major improvement over the initial OG model meanwhile the New 3DS XL is only a smidge better than the original XL (crappy resolution and all was retained!). I have already tweeted and will be posting on Facebook as well. I will be emailing eventually as well.

#firstworldproblems. i had the OG 3ds then got the 3dsxl when pokemon x came out (cause if im playing pokemon i want a bigger screen, and the OG 3ds made my big manhands feel cramped after awhile) and after trying the xl, i dont want to go back to a smaller screen; i could care less if the games are "streched" or a lower res or what have you; it feels so good in my hands. i dont know when i'll get the new 3dsxl but i already knew from the start i was gonna get it and not the smaller one.

i hate seeing people act like these decisions are made instantly and out of malice. remember nintendo has access to all kinds of sales and demographic info that we (the consumer) do not. every region has diffrent info so they have to make decisions based on info for each region. which is something else people dont take into consideration; what works in one region may not work in another; case in point xbox seling well in us but nonexistent in japan. i studied business and advertising and such in college, so trust me when i say this decision was not made without considerable thought.

also, if people are so angry saying things like "they treat japan well and treat NA like crap" then why not just move to japan? you cleary dont like how NA gets treated so if the lack of smaller screen and faceplates (which is anyone gonna actually buy thousands and switch them hourly?) is truly that big a deal, then go live in japan, where the "fair" treatment is given.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
also, if people are so angry saying things like "they treat japan well and treat NA like crap" then why not just move to japan? you cleary dont like how NA gets treated so if the lack of smaller screen and faceplates (which is anyone gonna actually buy thousands and switch them hourly?) is truly that big a deal, then go live in japan, where the "fair" treatment is given.

For someone that studied business and advertising(PS: Prereq Buis/Adverstising isn't anything much lol), you sure said a lot of dumb stuff. The Xbox issue isn't at all comparable to this. Japan literately doesn't give a **** about Microsoft. The 3DS to NA isn't anything like that.

And lol ever more @ "why not just move to japan."

TheDragonKing

King of dragons

I'm pretty sure nobody (and I mean nobody) is going to move all the way out to Japan just because they feel that a billion-dollar company is deliberately screwing them over by not releasing a particular version of a particular console.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod

Lmao.

Come on bruh.

I'm pretty sure nobody (and I mean nobody) is going to move all the way out to Japan just because they feel that a billion-dollar company is deliberately screwing them over by not releasing a particular version of a particular console.

Yeah, pretty much. If they really wanted it that badly (among other things) they'd just import the system and games from now on rather than abandoning their life and family to live in another country because of Nintendo.

Last edited:

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Lmao.

Come on bruh.

im serious. every single time something comes out in japan but not america (or anywhere else that is not japan), theres always this group of people (and it seems to be the exact same people everytime) that get MAJORLY butthurt over it, taking it as a personal insult and saying its proof nintendo (or whatever the company in question is) doesnt listen to its fans, without stopping to consider WHY this decision was made. like i said before, theres plenty behind the scenes we never get to see. and that these decisions are not made instantly or with a flip of a coin or however the jeff albertsons of the internet think these decisions are made. so you have 2 choices really; either import it or move to japan if its truly that important that you have it in your life.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
If everyone just "moved to japan" when they didn't get something the market would die.

Just because Nintendo want to play mommy and daddy and decide what we get even though the product already exist doesn't mean we have to agree. If enough people complain, we'll get results. Do you not want that?

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
If everyone just "moved to japan" when they didn't get something the market would die.

Just because Nintendo want to play mommy and daddy and decide what we get even though the product already exist doesn't mean we have to agree. If enough people complain, we'll get results. Do you not want that?

cause how dare a company try to make profit. did anyone stop to think they looked over the data they have and decided it wouldnt be profitable? and if thats the case of course theyre not gonna do it.

i never said you have to agree with everything they do; i just wish more gamers would realize you cant get everything you want all the time. nintendo is a big company with a very diverse fanbase; eventually everyone will not agree with something they do ( for example there were things in the direct i didnt like but thats neither here nor there). and while you do have the right to complain in the hopes that they'll reconsider, sometimes gamers need to know that some things just arent meant to be. its not right, its not fair, but you what? thats life.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
im serious. every single time something comes out in japan but not america (or anywhere else that is not japan), theres always this group of people (and it seems to be the exact same people everytime) that get MAJORLY butthurt over it, taking it as a personal insult and saying its proof nintendo (or whatever the company in question is) doesnt listen to its fans, without stopping to consider WHY this decision was made. like i said before, theres plenty behind the scenes we never get to see. and that these decisions are not made instantly or with a flip of a coin or however the jeff albertsons of the internet think these decisions are made. so you have 2 choices really; either import it or move to japan if its truly that important that you have it in your life.

Like Ragnarok said

Lmao.

Come on bruh.

You know what you do? You COMPLAIN on the Internet. Go on Twitter and send a message to NOA, NOE, and NOJ asking what you want to be brought over. Go sign online petitions. Make a video a on Youtube. Write Nintendo an email. If they do it, great! If not, well whatever, just keep trying and import it if you can't wait. Complaining actually does something (doesn't work 100% of the time). Telling people to "live in Japan" is freaking stupid, and you're the kind of people these companies like, the ones who'll just take it up the butt and not complain. Of course, don't be an idiot and always sh*tting up conversations and threads, but do it in moderation, and don't send rude messages.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
cause how dare a company try to make profit. did anyone stop to think they looked over the data they have and decided it wouldnt be profitable? and if thats the case of course theyre not gonna do it.

The only data Nintendo has is that wherever and whenever a 3ds is released, it sells like hotcakes.

Let's not try to pretend there's some valid business reason behind it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I would import, but region-locking

reminder that Nintendo is the only major gaming hardware player still doing that

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, pretty much. If they really wanted it that badly (among other things) they'd just import the system and games from now on rather than abandoning their life and family to live in another country because of Nintendo.

Alternatively they can be like me and not care because they won't get a New 3DS anytime soon. :v

Skullcruncher

Know my power!!!!
It's pretty insane how just many people are blowing this out of proportion lol