• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wanted to buy Phoenix Wright on the 3DS eShop. Went to Amazon to get a $50 digital card, turns out Amazon doesn't just mail you the code like they do PSN cards. F*ck.

Is the Phoenix Wright Trilogy better on 3DS or iPhone? If the iOS version is better, does it run well on the iPhone 4S, which is what I have? And Dual Destinies or PW vs Prof Layton?

3DS is the polished one.

And you give Capcom an incentive to stay away from phones.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Wanted to buy Phoenix Wright on the 3DS eShop. Went to Amazon to get a $50 digital card, turns out Amazon doesn't just mail you the code like they do PSN cards. F*ck.

Is the Phoenix Wright Trilogy better on 3DS or iPhone? If the iOS version is better, does it run well on the iPhone 4S, which is what I have? And Dual Destinies or PW vs Prof Layton?

If you can buy from Amazon, why not just buy it from the eshop

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
3DS is the polished one.

And you give Capcom an incentive to stay away from phones.
Ok thanks. And don't worry about Capcom going mobile anytime in the foreseeable future. The mobile MonHun game flopped hard, and they spent almost all of MH4's profit to make it.

If you can buy from Amazon, why not just buy it from the eshop
I don't put my CC info on my PS devices, and I sure as heck won't put it on Nintendo's. I've criticized them for not having a shared account, but Trilogy and DD are digital only, so I have no chance but to buy digital.

...I take it back. I'm happy Amazon doesn't email the codes. The 3DS eShop is now having a Capcom sale. Trilogy and DD are $15 each instead of $30 each. Phew! I'll pick up a $50 card later today and save $30.

Last edited:

R_N

I can see criticizing Nintendo's accounts and stuffs, but that seems more on digital games and not specifically giving them your credit card info

It hasn't been hacked!

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Recently got Yo-Kai Watch and agree the demo does not do the full game justice, it is a lot more fun when you can pick and mix your team members. The whole "special meter not getting recharged between battles" does not really bother me since I do not spam the special attacks for every battle and carry a good supply of healing items, the various side quests also help to spice things up from progressing through the story (and Xenoblade Chronicles style rewards in the form of Exp and items make it worth while to tackle them).

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Ok thanks. And don't worry about Capcom going mobile anytime in the foreseeable future. The mobile MonHun game flopped hard, and they spent almost all of MH4's profit to make it.

I don't put my CC info on my PS devices, and I sure as heck won't put it on Nintendo's. I've criticized them for not having a shared account, but Trilogy and DD are digital only, so I have no chance but to buy digital.

...I take it back. I'm happy Amazon doesn't email the codes. The 3DS eShop is now having a Capcom sale. Trilogy and DD are $15 each instead of $30 each. Phew! I'll pick up a $50 card later today and save $30.

Or you can just buy it off the eshop for 30$ and save even more

Torpoleon

So, how was everyone's playtime on the 3DS this year? For me, it was alright (thanks to SMD). Played for a total of 334 hours and 1 minute this year, which is a significant drop from last year's total of 556 hours and 45 minutes, which was a drop from 2013's total of 657 hours and 46 minutes. Pretty sure I also played more of my 3DS in 2012 than 2015, but at least I did better than 2011! July & August of this year were the only 2 months after February 2013 where I actually played my 3DS for less than 10 hours in a month!

My 5 most played 3DS games of 2015:
Omega Ruby- 104 hours and 3 minutes
SMD- 94 hours and 52 minutes
Fossil Fighters Frontier- 26 hours and 3 minutes
Tri Force Heroes- 24 hours and 9 minutes
S.T.E.A.M.- 22 hours and 23 minutes

Surprised that SMD almost surpassed Omega Ruby! Next year should definitely see an increase in playtime for my 3DS, with Paper Jam & Fates releasing. I've got almost 50 hours in Dream Team and barely crossed the 100 hour mark in Awakening (which was from two full playthroughs including DLC). If the next main series Pokémon game comes out around the middle of 2016 (like around June), that will really help too!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, Lets Do this..

Last January I got a New 3DS, which means I'm almost a year with a NEW 3DS.. I also lost my 3DS for a few weeks in November, which dropped the numbers down a from what I hoped it would be.

Out of 73 titles and 214 hours and 11 mins of "Game play", my top 5 games where:

1. Super Smash Bros - 39 hours 46 Min
2. Pokémon Omega Ruby - 37 Hours 17 min
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - 36 Hours 6 Min
4. StreetPass Plaza - 28 Hours 35 Min
5. Pokémon Shuffle - 20 Hours 22 Min

Since I got 2DS as well.. and I'll put them where the 2DS would have gotten on my 3DS. With only 13 titles and 36 Hours, on my secondary 2DS.

1. StreetPass Plaza - 9 hours 56 Min (placed between 7th-8th on my N3DS, (MH3U and Tomadachi Life, btw))
2. Pokémon Shuffle - 9 hours 39 Min (placed between 7th-8th on my N3DS)
3. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - 5 Hours 29 min (placed 12th-13th on my N3ds which is Miiverse and my last purchase of 2015 SMT: DSO)
4. Pokémon X - 5hours 17 min. (Still 12th-13th by a 5 minutes.)
5. Pokémon ORAS Demo 3 hours 22 Min (14-15 on my N3DS, (Pokémon Black2, and eShop!)

I'd post the results for Original 3DS console, but since I've never really played on it since the wipe. There is no point.

I'm surprised how much I got Streetpass plaza usage, Perhaps it was the fact I was forced to go out almost every single day for first half of the year and I'd always fill up my plaza each day.. the million on my N3DS steps seem suggest it. (The 2DS had respectable half million steps on it too, as it was in my bag for most of those trips too)

Also, with I've been enjoying PSN+ a bit, and managed to get 39 hours and 1 Trophy (I'm going to NepNep you!) from Planitum on one PS Vita game, I'm not surprised how low the time is for my 3DS..

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Well, surprisingly I've been playing more on my PC and PS4 that I got earlier this year than my 3DS("Skyrim"). Cause looking back in 2013/14 my playtime dropped like a stone in fact I'm a little embarrassed to say 2013, 70 titles with... 1309:24 hours. Pokemon Black 2 #1 with 455 hours, Pokemon Y with 347. Than 2014 only 34 titles and a massive fall to 450 hours, Pokemon Y was the most with 179 hours, Fantasy Life in second with 113.

Now for 2015 my top 5 most played games. 39 titles with 194 hours and 06 minutes

Pokemon Y -47 hours, 2 min
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate -33 hours, 41 min
Pokemon X -28 hours, 1 min(Was doing a Nuzlocke run)
Pokemon Omega Ruby -20 hours, 2 min
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition -13 hours, 56 min

Xuxuba

Let's do this:

Playtime - 44 titles / 830 hours (holy s***, that's 34 days)

1) Story of Seasons: 143:27

2) Pokémon Shuffle: 141:20

3) Yo-kai Watch: 78:15

4) 73 hours - Pokémon Rumble World

5) 70 hours - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

6) 57 hours - Pokemon Black Version

7) 55 hours - Mario Kart 7

8) 40 hours - Pokémon Platinum

9) 34 hours - Pokémon White Version 2

10) 34 hours - Majora's Mask

Okay, now here are the games that i liked the most:

1) Yo-kai watch

2) Majora's mask

3) Kingdom Hearts DDD

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Everyone's doing 3DS playtimes so I'd thought I'd join the fun.

According to my main 3DS, my top 5 most played games of 2015 were:

1. Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition = 204 hours 53 minutes
2. Pokémon Omega Ruby = 145 hours 12 minutes
3. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. = 62 hours 5 minutes
4. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. = 53 hours 13 minutes
5. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire = 22 hours 46 minutes.

I am well aware I have little variety, but I like replaying my old stuff. Also, this is my main 3DS, not my secondary one.

Kalosian

So long
2015 playtimes? Let's go.

For my first 3DS:

Steps: 0 (I never bring it with my anywhere)
Played titles: 12
Total playtime: 345:56 (5 hours more than last year)

Top games:

1. Pokemon Omega Ruby: 110:30
2. Bravely Default: 96:22
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening: 89:31
4. Pokemon X: 46:25

The rest are unimportant things like non-games and games with considerably lower playtimes so I'm not including them.

For my second 3DS:

Steps: 0 (see above)
Played titles: 13
Total playtime: 202:46 (86 hours less than last year which isn't surprising as I know I have been playing this one a lot less)

Top games:

1. Pokemon Y: 88:15
2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: 76:03
3. Bravely Default: 26:04
4. Super Mario 3D Land: 9:06

Again, the rest are non-games and titles I have played a lot less.

I got three new 3DS games this year though that didn't affect my overall playtimes, but gave a little more variety at least. Will probably get a few more games this year, going to get Alpha Sapphire sometime relatively soon, then probably also the new Fire Emblem at some point too once it has been released.

Last edited:

Tangeh

2015 3DS Stats!

Steps taken: 20,179
Total Play Time: 325:34

Top Games:

1. Bravely Default: 98:05 (my most played game of both 2013 and 2014 was Pokemon X, which I don't think I even touched this year xD)
2. Pokemon Shuffle: 52:30
3. Pokemon Rumble World: 52:13 (wow, those two were really close o_O)
4. Rune Factory 4: 23:42
5. Pokemon Picross: 22:00

The theme of 2015 was Pokemon free-to-plays. xD

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Steps: 420,398
Play Time 29 titles 917:30

1. Internet Browser (631.33) I don't have a smartphone, I rely on the 3DS for portable web access. Be quiet!
2. Super Smash Bros (67.33)
3. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (58.50)
4. Tomodachi Life (29.18)
5. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (23.59)

Shadow XD001

Steps: 60,084
Play Time: 211:11

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - 75:13
2. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - 33:07
3. Pokémon AlphaSapphire - 20:55

Pretty lackluster year for me, was busy over the summer and not a lot of games to play. Near the end, I got the Zero Escape games, and that really got me back into my 3DS. <3

Jb

Tsun in the streets
2015 playtimes? Let's go.

For my first 3DS:

Steps: 0 (I never bring it with my anywhere)
Played titles: 12
Total playtime: 345:56 (5 hours more than last year)

Top games:

1. Pokemon Omega Ruby: 110:30
2. Bravely Default: 96:22
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening: 89:31
4. Pokemon X: 46:25

The rest are unimportant things like non-games and games with considerably lower playtimes so I'm not including them.

For my second 3DS:

Steps: 0 (see above)
Played titles: 13
Total playtime: 202:46 (86 hours less than last year which isn't surprising as I know I have been playing this one a lot less)

Top games:

1. Pokemon Y: 88:15
2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: 76:03
3. Bravely Default: 26:04
4. Super Mario 3D Land: 9:06

Again, the rest are non-games and titles I have played a lot less.

I got three new 3DS games this year though that didn't affect my overall playtimes, but gave a little more variety at least. Will probably get a few more games this year, going to get Alpha Sapphire sometime relatively soon, then probably also the new Fire Emblem at some point too once it has been released.

How do you not have steps. Simply moving the thing in the last year should of generated a few

Aurath8

Shouldn't be too late for this:

Steps: 230,115
Surprised by this, since my total steps keep rising year on year.
Played titles: 10
Total Playtime: 203:50

1. Super Smash Bros. 108:47
2. Bravely Default 69:16
3. Pokemon Omega Ruby 13:26
4. LoZ: Link Between Worlds 5:17
5. Streetpass Mii Plaza 3:12

Lower playtime this, which is to be expected as I didn't actually get a new 3DS game all year. Still I'm glad as I finally finished Bravely Default a full 21 months after I got it. I also thought I would just stop using the 3DS version after Wii U came out and yet this version still makes up about half of my Smash playtime.

As for 2016, well my top 2 most played games on this console, FE: Awakening and Bravely Default are getting sequels and I still play Smash bros a lot and it's very likely we'll get the next 3DS main series Pokémon game this year. If I can find the time, I could easily end up breaking records this year.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Events for 2015
Steps: 11,260
Play Time: 55 Titles / 225:20
•Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 62:13
•Persona Q 35:12
•Pokémon Picross 22:49
•Nintendo eShop 21:23
•Dragon Quest VI 18:12
•Pokémon X 13:26
•Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon 11:39