• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Guess I will post my 2015 stats as well

Steps: 995
Titles:56

1. Pokemon Y: 624:13
2. Pokemon X: 591:56
3. Super Smash Bros for 3DS: 477:57
4. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: 457:42
5. Pokemon Omega Ruby: 449:11

TheEliteEmpoleon

Man mine broke a couple months back, so I can't tell the stats exactly. I can tell you that they were pretty low numbers though. It is true that I haven't missed much since then, but Z is gonna come around sooner or later... I gotta get that thing fixed!

Kalosian

So long
How do you not have steps. Simply moving the thing in the last year should of generated a few
I really don't know. I have walked very short distances with them so you are right, yet there are still zero steps.

He quite clearly does not do what the handheld is about.

Portability.

Not even trips to the kitchen are a sure thing.
You are partly correct. I prefer playing video games at home, even when it comes to handhelds. I rarely bring them with me anywhere. Your last sentence is funny because I have brought my systems with me to the kitchen and played there a few times too.

Since I got 0 steps two years in a row, I should try and change that this year.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Events for 2015

Steps: 1,140,053
Play Time: 27 titles/ 389:48

Top 10 Titles:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 119:34
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - 70:29
Pokémon Y - 61:03
Pokémon Omega Ruby - 55:27
Pokémon Shuffle - 20:58
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D - 14:11
Pokémon Rumble World - 12:59
Pokémon X - 11:44
Street Pass Mii Plaza - 8:40
Pokémon Bank - 7:18

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Dat Red/Blue n3DS bundle is HOT! I already have a n3DSXL, but damn, I want this too. Sucks they don't tell when pre-orders are going up though. Probably gonna be all sold out when I see it up.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Events for 2015
Steps: 444, 795

Animal Crossing: NL: 142:34
Smash Bros.: 86:04
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: 85:05
Streetpass Mii Plaza: 58: 24
Pokemon Y: 25:19
Majora's Mask: 25:10
Mario and Luigi: DT: 15:48
Pokemon X: 14:02

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Looks like I finally have a good reason to upgrade. My og 3DS is on its last legs, and those Red/Blue faceplates look sick. Plus both games on VC included! Do we know the release date? The main site didn't specify.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
So, for people who have multiple 3DS, I can only have my account tethered to one right? So what happens to the other?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So, for people who have multiple 3DS, I can only have my account tethered to one right? So what happens to the other?

Yes, one account to one 3DS.

I use it for my Pokémon games to trade directly with main system. My 2DS has it's own Miiverse account, for various reasons. The Biggest is for a Celebi.

You don't need an account to download updates, to to play physical games.

If you're talking about Transferring from one system to a New system, your Old system will get factory reset at the end of the transfer process and any data is wiped.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hello everyone, I've been thinking about buying my first 3DS so I can get back into Pokemon with Y and Omega Ruby. I'm not sure which model to go for though, so please help me decide if you can.

I've been looking at the New 3DS and New 3DS XL mostly, but a few comments I've read elsewhere on the internet have brought up some concerns.

1.) To start, scratches. Apparently the top screen can get scratched quite easily when the bottom screen is pushed against it, even if only a small amount of pressure is applied. When it's in a front trouser pocket and you're walking along, for example.

Are scratches with the New 3DS/New 3DS XL as bad as people say? Is one more prone to scratches than the other? I don't mind a few tiny unnoticeable ones since I'm not going to be reselling it but it would be nice, of course, to have none for many years.

2.) Portability, weight and size.

I'll be using it inside most of the time, but it would be nice to have the freedom to carry it into my back garden to use it or even use it in my dad's car and then keep it in one of my trouser pockets whilst walking along. Maybe take it out again if we sit down for a rest/picnic.

What are they like to hold? A bit on the heavy side, uncomfortable or the perfect weight? How often do you get hand cramps when grasping your New 3DS or New 3DS XL? (if you do, please specify which model).

I'm male (pockets are a decent size) but the New 3DS XL model is noticeably larger than the New 3DS. Has anybody personally been unable to fit their New 3DS XL into a front trouser pocket comfortably or is this not something I should be worried about?

Thank you all for reading. Your input will be highly appreciated!

1) The scratch thing mostly happens with the regular 3DS models, not the New 3DS models. If scratches are a worry, you can always buy screen shields, though the best ones are sold through amazon.

2) The New 3DS XL can fit in the pockets if they are big enough. They fit well, but they are a bit larger than a smartphone. A bit on the heavy side, but very slightly.

I don't know about cramps since the N3DSXL is designed for people with big hands, especially adults. But if you have big hands and buy the regular size N3DS, well...

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
1) Nope. I walked with my n3DSXL a few times, and that never happened. I'm even putting pressure now, and not a single scratch.

2) Portability: Fine. Big phones are the hottest things now, so if you yourself own one like an iPhone 6, it will probably feel normal in your pants pocket. (I don't own one though, so I have no basis for this). Weight: You can definitely feel the weight, but it's nothing too heavy. I just compared it to my Vitas (1K and 2K), and the n3DSXL feels like it's a wee bit heavier than both combined. Still, it's not too heavy. Size: read portability.

R_N

The regular sized n3DS is perfect for me, someone with big hands
the XLs are just...so big. normal sized, though, so nice and unlike the regular 3ds it has much better ergonomics due to the smoother corners. I haven't experienced hand cramps. Fits perfectly in my pockets, about the size of most phones, i imagine.

I haven't encountered any noticable scratches on the top screen, but I'm always careful closing the thing. Like chris says, though, if you're worried there's always screen protectors (for both models).

Something else you should consider is that currently the only (NA) editions available for the regular n3DS are the Happy Home Designer bundle & the upcoming Red/Blue bundle. If you're not happy with either of those selection of faceplates (or don't care for white 3dses) you'll need to buy a few off the online store or import off amazon. Prices aren't too bad, depending on the plates; plain colored plates are pretty cheap.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, one account to one 3DS.

I use it for my Pokémon games to trade directly with main system. My 2DS has it's own Miiverse account, for various reasons. The Biggest is for a Celebi.

You don't need an account to download updates, to to play physical games.

If you're talking about Transferring from one system to a New system, your Old system will get factory reset at the end of the transfer process and any data is wiped.

Thank you!

I would use it for the same purpose but I was worried about the transfer of my Pokémon Bank Pokémon and my digital game saves (Animal Crossing and etc). I know the latter is by memory card but the former is online only if I recall correctly.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Late, but here were my 3DS stats from 2015.

Events for 2015
Steps: 49, 780
Play Time: 36 Titles / 392:05
• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS 179:13
• Kid Icarus: Uprising 55:13
• Fire Emblem Awakening 28:43
• Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones 25:52
• Pokémon Black Version 2 25:39
• Pokémon Shuffle 22:03
• Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 13:55
• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Demo) 9:22
• Nintendo eShop 7:48
• Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon 5:09

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Bravely Second: End Layer is coming to NA this April 15. But once more with RPGs, it comes to Europe much earlier this February.

On top of NA news, a special FE: Fates N3DSXL is coming out on Feb. 19 for $199.99 + taxes.

Last edited:

Recon

Now, which do I choose, the Pokémon regular new 3ds, or the fates xl...

Recon

CHOOSE YOUR FATE, Recon.

I...CHOOSE TO JOIN SMASH!

Recon Scouts the Competition!

But seriously, I'm actually having a really hard time deciding. I have fairly large hands so the XL is definitely a plus, but I like faceplates and the ability to change them at will, not to mention I can just import the superior FE faceplate and have a FE & Pokemon New 3DS

Last edited: