• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Account

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am guessing we don't get any physical rewards. Its easier and probably cheaper and means other regions won't get screwed over as much

That would be a shame. Having an exclusive physical reward was so much better than just getting a discounted/free game that can be bought normally. I'd rather use my exclusive currency on something exclusive, not something I can just use normal money on. Oh well, at least it should save me some money I suppose.

R_N

That would be a shame. Having an exclusive physical reward was so much better than just getting a discounted/free game that can be bought normally. I'd rather use my exclusive currency on something exclusive, not something I can just use normal money on. Oh well, at least it should save me some money I suppose.

There are exclusive things, though. Currently in japan, they're offering Twilight Princess Picross &, of all things, Wario Ware Touched on 3DS as well as exclusive Miitomo things I think

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There are exclusive things, though. Currently in japan, they're offering Twilight Princess Picross &, of all things, Wario Ware Touched on 3DS as well as exclusive Miitomo things I think

Which is certainly better than nothing, but I fear for obvious reasons that nothing big will be released in this way. The picross catches my interest, but not as much as an exclusive real game and/or physical reward might. The other question is will they even continue to put in such effort? These could easily just be a one time deal so that it can be said there are exclusive prizes, but nothing else ever comes of it.

Last edited:

R_N

Which is certainly better than nothing, but I fear for obvious reasons that nothing big will be released in this way. The picross catches my interest, but not as much as an exclusive real game and/or physical reward might. The other question is will they even continue to put in such effort? These could easily just be a one time deal so that it can be said there are exclusive prizes, but nothing else ever comes of it.

Club Nintendo's exclusive physical games were never big affairs.

Two of them were recreations of G&W games (including a "new" merged version of parachute & octopus)
One was tingle balloon fight (that never left japan...)
another was a subpar, from what i've heard, gimmicky beat 'em up (that also never left japan)

All of those were DS titles, before the DSi I believe, so there wasn't even an option

WiiWare got the baffling Grill off with Ultra Hand & Doc Louis' Punch-Out. Both equally small time affairs
3DS got a downloadable Nikki Travel Quiz game in japan, as well as Advance Wars Days of Ruin as 3ds download title (iirc, Japan never got the game on DS despite a japanese localization being ready to go)
Oh, and, technically we all got Donkey Kong Arcade, I guess.

game-wise the biggest thing to hit club nintendo was Days of Ruin being a platinum reward in Japan.

Anyway, with physical rewards being out (which, frankly, can only be an improvement for America) there's no reason to assume they're just going to drop new digital rewards. They'll presumably update ther offered VC & Retail games as time goes on and I'm sure there will be at least a few other exclusive, small-time digital games. That's in addition to the exclusive themes and such.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Something I did remember though, there is evidence that they will do physical rewards in this picture from the initial announcement of My Nintendo
jpg

I know what's being shown is stuff from Club Nintendo, but it does show physical rewards as an example. There's hope after all.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Get ready to play Miitomo this Thursday!

Launches the same day for Europe as well.

Yay...?

Honestly after seeing some of the Japanese version of this I'm not into it at all. It's far from being my type of game. I'll probably just download it for the reward points and do whatever I can on it to get more points and then just delete it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Questions about My Nintendo:

Do the Miitomo points only redeem Miitomo features (I don't have a smart phone)?

What all qualifies as a downloadble purchase? Does it have to be for a full price game, or does DLC suffice? (What about buying another campaign for Fire Emblem: Fates?)

What's the difference between the platinum and star points?

R_N

Questions about My Nintendo:

Do the Miitomo points only redeem Miitomo features (I don't have a smart phone)?

What all qualifies as a downloadble purchase? Does it have to be for a full price game, or does DLC suffice? (What about buying another campaign for Fire Emblem: Fates?)

What's the difference between the platinum and star points?

Miitomo Coins count for Platinum coins, but Platinum Coins dont count for Miitomo coins
Downloadable purchases refer to games only. DLC & Themes do not count, this is outlined in the terms of service i beleive. No one's sure of how the other Fates campaigns work for that

By star points do you mean the gold star coins? Gold coins are only earned through digital purchases and can only be used to buy cheaper games (ie: Virtual Console) & higher discount items (ie: 30% off splatoon). Platinum coins are earned through mostly-repetable missions through My Nintendo & Miitomo (Miitomo Coins), such as logging into the eshop every week or answering 3 questions in Miitomo.

It's theorized that future games could maybe tie into My Nintendo and earn coins through achievements, though there's no actual proof beyond that's how Miitomo works

Nintendo543

Is there any way to get the Gold Coins without spending any money?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is there any way to get the Gold Coins without spending any money?

I do not believe there currently is. It would appear the purpose of Platinum Points are for doing social media related missions while Gold Points are obtained by buying games.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So I'm currently in the process of downloading Miitomo if for nothing else than to earn Platinum Points. My phone is almost always on the verg of being out of memory to hold new apps, so I cleared a little bit of space for it. According to its page on the Google Play Store the app only takes 32 MB of data, so I went ahead and downloaded it without much trouble. Once I connected my Nintendo account to the app it said it had to download some data. I assumed that this would just be some account information and wouldn't be that big of a deal. After a while of waiting, the download freezes at about 60% and my phone gives me an alert that I'm running out of memory on my phone. I go to my data management section to find that Miitomo is now occupying over 200 MB of memory space! I clear up some more room and the download continues. After stopping and starting three more times to clear up more room, Miitomo is finally done and up to taking up 492 MB of data! It's grown 15 times larger! It's now the largest memory occupying app on my phone. So why did an app that was only supposed to take up 32 MB end up taking 492?

R_N

Most mobile games have a smaller installer that will then install the remainder

e: Also, additional updates

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Most mobile games have a smaller installer that will then install the remainder

e: Also, additional updates

Shows what I know about mobile games.

Nothingjustgo.

It's so dumb that coins expire after 6 months. I looked at the currency you get around 50-60 coins (I forget) for a typical full price game. And I want 90 to get Super Mario 64, a 10 dollar game. I guess now that I rant it's just merely two games, but still. I wish I can save up.

Also is there any game worth over 90 bucks? Seriously, any? Because there's a gold reward for buying one.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Also is there any game worth over 90 bucks? Seriously, any? Because there's a gold reward for buying one.

In the future we will more likely than not be able to redeem coins for physical purchase too. The over $90 reward would be for special edition bundles and consoles.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
In the future we will more likely than not be able to redeem coins for physical purchase too.

Probably not, Nintendo removed a lot of the physical rewards at the end of Club Nintendo's life, and they have specifically explained the new My Nintendo rewards system as a way to get digital content for free or at a discount.