• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Account

BCVM22

If you're having trouble registering and are here to make sure we all know how unhappy you are, please keep in mind that A. registration just started, as in literally today, and B. after registering there is absolutely nothing you can do right now save pre-register for Miitomo, so you're not missing anything. It's not like the dying throes of Club Nintendo, where not being able to get in meant you might miss out on the reward you wanted.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Okay, registered to both this and Miitomo. Was surprised registration was so quick and easy on mobile.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Yeah I'm waiting on a couple of days till the registrations are stable.

Miitomo's details are nice.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Finally registered this morning. And I pre-registered for the other thing that comes out soon too don't know what it's called right off the bat.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So what in the world is the reasoning for preregistering. It's not like there's a limited number of copies available or something like that. A little silly if you ask me.

Even though I don't plan on using Miitomo, I did preregister, just because they're offering reward points.

BCVM22

And I pre-registered for the other thing that comes out soon too don't know what it's called right off the bat.

there is absolutely nothing you can do right now save pre-register for Miitomo l

Okay, registered to both this and Miitomo.

Miitomo's details are nice.

Miitomo.

So what in the world is the reasoning for preregistering. It's not like there's a limited number of copies available or something like that. A little silly if you ask me.

Even though I don't plan on using Miitomo, I did preregister, just because they're offering reward points.

You answer your own question right here. Like, in your very own post.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You answer your own question right here. Like, in your very own post.

I guess this is going to come off a little confusing, but I didn't mean what's the incentive, I just meant why is it an option in the first place. It seems unneeded on a free to download digital game.

KillerDraco

I guess this is going to come off a little confusing, but I didn't mean what's the incentive, I just meant why is it an option in the first place. It seems unneeded on a free to download digital game.

The most logical guess would be it's a simple way to gauge interest. At least, that would be my guess.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Pre-Reg'd!

But the real question is if Nintendo will release an app that connects to their store.

Signed up for both of these. Can't wait to see how they integrate Nintendo Account into current and future platforms, as well as mobile devices. Furthermore, I'm interested as to whether the Mii in Miitomo will be unique to the app or overwrite your on-platform Mii.

The worldwide release is slated as being next month (March 2016), so working off this information I'd have to assume that the next Direct would at least talk about Nintendo Account, Miitomo and I'm sure some self-inflating stats that Nintendo will love to share.

Really looking forward to the rest of the year, I'm quietly optimistic that this could be the best year for the Big N in recent history.

Dragonite Fan

Is there an account for uk yet? If so, where do I sign up?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My Nintendo has launched in Japan, so we now know how it works. Watch this video for a breakdown.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I like it as much as Club Nintendo in its current state. The lack of physical rewards is disappointing (hopefully those will come later) and I don't like the sound of the Platinum points being linked to all the silly social media stuff.

R_N

I am guessing we don't get any physical rewards. Its easier and probably cheaper and means other regions won't get screwed over as much