• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Nintendo_Direct_Logo.png

THE NINTENDO DIRECT THREAD

What is a Nintendo Direct?

A Nintendo Direct is a special broadcast by Nintendo about upcoming games or services coming to either the 3DS or Wii U.

When will there be a new one?

Typically, Nintendo announces them about a day or two before they are actually going to happen. So, We don't know when exactly one is until the Big N says there is going to be one.

UPCOMING DIRECTS (plus region)

Below is a list of what and when the next Direct is...

(new ones will be added when they are announced.)​

June 11th - Nintendo Direct @ E3 2013 (all regions)

And on that note, Let the discussion begin.

Last edited:

Recon

Change the text. Red on the default forum skin is eye-melting.

Black text on the Dark Type Forum skin. I can barely see it.

Just use the default colors, no need to make it fancy.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Just set the colors to be automatic. Hope that this solves the problem. Have to say though that the logo is the only thing that I didn't change since that's the color of the official logo for the Nintendo Directs.

Besides, The E3 direct is about a week away. Have to say the 10 AM EST is something that I really like about it the most. I mean, The fact that it's 2 hours earlier than their big ol' E3 conference of yesteryear is something that is really nice since we'll be finding out the confirmed info 2 hours earlier than in the past. I'd also ike to point out that it's going to be a live stream and not a pre-recorded show .

While I'm here, I'd also like to point out that the site is live right now for it too. Here's the link to the site

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
What's the point of this thread again? Something about font colors?

We're going to have a discussion thread in the E3 subforum about this as soon as E3 happens, just like last year and the year before that and the year before that. Seems extremely pointless.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
What's the point of this thread again? Something about font colors?.

The point of it is for discussion of the Nintendo Directs when there is one. Just thought it'd be a good idea since it'll be an all in one place discussion about what has been announced during the Directs instead of having it all spread out all over the place. It makes sense if looked at that away.

The font colors thing was whenever I had to font originally set to red and it was brought up that it didn't look right on the original forum skin.

Clamps

But threads get closed when they've been inactive for over a month and the directs generally happen every other month.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Discussions about Directs usually happen in one place anyway - in the 3DS and Wii U threads, depending on the topic of the Direct. There's never really much to Directs other than the games showcased in any case, I can hardly see the joint hopping with discussions concerning Iwata's most recent wardrobe choices.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
But threads get closed when they've been inactive for over a month and the directs generally happen every other month.

This pretty much.

Beside we have a secret hidden E3 forum so there isn't a need for this thread.

TheEliteEmpoleon

But there's always speculation and new thoughts about the footage shown in between air dates of the Directs. On top of that, some people may not watch them the first day they air.

On a more relevant note, I'm pretty excited about this upcoming ND. The date is perfect; I don't have any finals on the 11!
And on the site, could that silhouette of Mario on Yoshi hint at anything?

Torpoleon

But there's always speculation and new thoughts about the footage shown in between air dates of the Directs. On top of that, some people may not watch them the first day they air.

On a more relevant note, I'm pretty excited about this upcoming ND. The date is perfect; I don't have any finals on the 11!
And on the site, could that silhouette of Mario on Yoshi hint at anything?
I agree with the first half of your post. As long as the thread can still alive for a month before a Direct it would be fine.

I also don't have finals on the 11th, so I'll be able to watch this live (probably a first for me watching an E3 or Nintendo Direct video). My brother has finals that day, but at least it is in the afternoon.

Mario on Yoshi? Actually, that was Luigi on Yoshi, hinting that there will be news on New Super Luigi U.

Can't wait for info on all the upcoming games for 3DS & Wii U, especially 3D Mario, Mario Kart & Smash Bros.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Mario on Yoshi? Actually, that was Luigi on Yoshi, hinting that there will be news on New Super Luigi U.

Can't wait for info on all the upcoming games for 3DS & Wii U, especially 3D Mario, Mario Kart & Smash Bros.

Ah yes. I also didn't realize that there were more than one silhouettes.

I can't wait for all of those as well, as well as Wind Waker U and maybe some details on Pikmin 3!

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I've also noted that the main character from The Wonderful 101 is one of the silhouettes on the site. I'm hoping that they would have more info pertaining to the game during the Direct also. Maybe an interview or something like that with Kamiya during the event could be shown during it. Though I guess that they would have an Iwata Asks about the matter after the event airs about the matter. And besides, Kamiya would usually be himself if he is asked on Twitter about the matter.

Speaking of the Silhouettes, I highly doubt that is all they'll be talking about during the Direct. That plus the fact Smash Bros 4 ain't represented either on it.

Besides, I'm hoping for a few surprises in there that we haven't seen yet (like Majora's Mask 3D officially confirmed even though it won't release till after A Link to The Past 2). Though that's the joy of the directs. They are like monthly mini E3 conferences throughout the year. Hence why is the reason I'm going to like what Nintendo is doing this year for it.

Torpoleon

I've also noted that the main character from The Wonderful 101 is one of the silhouettes on the site. I'm hoping that they would have more info pertaining to the game during the Direct also. Maybe an interview or something like that with Kamiya during the event could be shown during it. Though I guess that they would have an Iwata Asks about the matter after the event airs about the matter. And besides, Kamiya would usually be himself if he is asked on Twitter about the matter.

Speaking of the Silhouettes, I highly doubt that is all they'll be talking about during the Direct. That plus the fact Smash Bros 4 ain't represented either on it.

Besides, I'm hoping for a few surprises in there that we haven't seen yet (like Majora's Mask 3D officially confirmed even though it won't release till after A Link to The Past 2). Though that's the joy of the directs. They are like monthly mini E3 conferences throughout the year. Hence why is the reason I'm going to like what Nintendo is doing this year for it.
Mario Kart also wasn't represented as a silhouette.

Ugh, part of me would hope they confirmed Majora's Mask 3D, but only so I can stop reading about a MM3D rumor before each Nintendo Direct. I don't see what the big deal about having the remake is. People always say they want something new (and we're getting a new Zelda for the 3DS later this year). MM is also easily available on Wii's VC and will likely be available on Wii U's once Nintendo starts adding N64 games. I know the Wii U is getting a Zelda remake this year, but as of right now, the only other way to play WW is from the GCN and not many people could have had a copy, compared to how easy it is to get games like MM. So we've got a new Zelda for the 3DS and a remake of an older Zelda for Wii U for this year.

Honestly, I don't know why people are clamoring for even more Zelda this year (or to be announced this year), especially a brand new HD one.

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Nintendo Direct. I really hope to see at least something about Smash Bros. 4. It'll also be interesting to see what direction the new 3D Mario game will go (if they show it, that is).

Clamps

How would one represent Smash Bros? Master Hand? More Silhouettes?

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
With the exception of Mario, all of the silhouettes are from games of which we have already been shown gameplay or screenshots at one point or another. It just wouldn't make sense to reveal all the surprises before the presentation even starts.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yay, new Smash Bros. info.

Maybe now we'll be able to have a thread about it.