• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Say, isn't there supposedly an HD remake in development? What do you think the chances are of it being shown off now?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I heard a rumor that it became Persona X Advance Wars
Persona Team is busy working on Persona 5.

Say, isn't there supposedly an HD remake in development? What do you think the chances are of it being shown off now?
Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection of Twilight Princess HD I'm guessing. Why have two Zelda games releasing this year, when you can have three!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Super Mario Sunshine HD? After Nintendo made that tool for converting GCN games into Wii U games for WWHD, I'd imagine they'd want to get more use out of it, and it'd give them a Mario game other than Mario Maker this year.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection of Twilight Princess HD I'm guessing. Why have two Zelda games releasing this year, when you can have three!

Nintendo has been implying that there's no more main series Mario until next gen, so I'm not so sure. I'd definitely like to see another collectathon game though, that genre is pretty much dead at this point, and I think if we're getting Mario anything, it'd be a remake of a past collectathon game. And I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough for Zelda overload.

I'm thinking if they're doing a remake, they'd be more likely to pick something from N64 or GC. Not exactly sure what though.

Super Mario Sunshine HD? After Nintendo made that tool for converting GCN games into Wii U games for WWHD, I'd imagine they'd want to get more use out of it, and it'd give them a Mario game other than Mario Maker this year.

The problem with Sunshine is that it needs pressure sensitive triggers to work and the Wii U doesn't have those. If they're going for Sunshine HD they'd need a Gamecube adapter.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The problem with Sunshine is that it needs pressure sensitive triggers to work and the Wii U doesn't have those.

Could they rework either the controls or the game itself to not require that? IIRC, they never really came up that much.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I hope that they give us some info about Majora's Mask DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors. It is supposed to come this month and almost half month has passed with no info at all. Or some info about Zelda U.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Could they rework either the controls or the game itself to not require that? IIRC, they never really came up that much.

I suppose it's possible, but it might not work as well. F.L.U.D.D. needs it because it works differently based on how much you press the button (you need to be able to press it down lightly to run and squirt, but if you press it down all the way Mario stops and squirts full blast). You could probably get around it by separating it into two buttons, but that's a pretty awkward solution.

Now that I think about it, it's actually shocking that Nintendo got rid of this feature, it's pretty much standard now.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I would love to see an HD Remake on Wii U. Would be nice to see it at this Direct, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I hope we don't get Galaxy HD Collection or TP HD for Wii U though. I'd love to see a Mario 64/Sunshine HD Collection for Wii U though. (And then maybe Galaxy HD Collection & TP HD on the next Nintendo System.)

In addition to what I hope for in my previous post, I anticipate we'll get news on HW'S Majora's Mask Pack and maybe MK8's 2nd pack. Additionally it seems like we'll get news on X, but I don't personally care for that game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Really, the only HD remakes I can think of that would be good for HD remakes would be Kirby 64, Luigi's Mansion, and the Metroid Prime series. And the first two might not have enough demand for them to happen and the Prime series already got a remaster on the Wii (although I do think there's actual content that could be added to the first two).

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I suppose it's possible, but it might not work as well. F.L.U.D.D. needs it because it works differently based on how much you press the button (you need to be able to press it down lightly to run and squirt, but if you press it down all the way Mario stops and squirts full blast). You could probably get around it by separating it into two buttons, but that's a pretty awkward solution.

Click the stick and press the trigger for full blast? Use the second shoulder button for full blast? This seems like a minor issue.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm more interested in the fact that it's flanked by MM3D and MH4U, which would imply that both of those games are launching around the same time and/or with new 3DS-specific functionality.

Hopefully, the schmucks at NoA can give us the regularly sized model with the colored buttons intact.

sheld999

hope they announced the pokemon game for this year 3rd title for xy since last 6 years we had a game every year...

but we prob wont see it till e3

Xuxuba

I think they aren't going to take a break this year. Making the third version should be much easier than making a remake or a new region, so it shouldn't take long. If they are planning to take a break, then it would be way better to do it after the third version is out. However, i do not think they are going to announce it now because ORAS was released only two months ago and i don't think they would take the game's attention so soon.

I'm expecting some infos regarding Mewtwo and the new 3ds.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Nah, this year will probably be a break, calling it.

We may see GF's new game though, since they're getting ready to announce it.

Lol Not only has Gamefreak released a main Pokèmon game every year since 2008 Pokémon, the franchise also reuses lots of assets from previous games and are very cheap to make. It's a definition of a cash cow, and not having Pokemon X2/Y2/Z releasing this year is like Activision not releasing a new COD or Ubisoft not releasing a new Assassin's Creed this year. Zero percent of that happening. Pokèmon X2/Y2/Z may not be announced tomorrow, but maybe closer to E3, like how ORAS was announced on May 2014.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Still holding out on N64 Wii U virtual console news.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Lol Not only has Gamefreak released a main Pokèmon game every year since 2008 Pokémon, the franchise also reuses lots of assets from previous games and are very cheap to make. It's a definition of a cash cow, and not having Pokemon X2/Y2/Z releasing this year is like Activision not releasing a new COD or Ubisoft not releasing a new Assassin's Creed this year. Zero percent of that happening. Pokèmon X2/Y2/Z may not be announced tomorrow, but maybe closer to E3, like how ORAS was announced on May 2014.

I have to agree, it's most likely there will be a main series game this year and GF seem to be with the last two releases seem to favor November as it's just before the holidays so May seems like an obvious choice for announcing. I'm excited to see what is shown, there were rumors of an F-Zero game being revealed which would be fantastic imo