1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Direct Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by AuraChannelerChris, Jul 18, 2013.

1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I see no paywall and I'm uncertain as to what you're seeing.

AgentKallus and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

Thanks. It was on the livestream version. Saw that show up via my Vita.

3. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

My thoughts on the Direct:
    - Overwatch coming to Switch is a surprise
    - I'm excited to finally play SNES games on my Switch
    - I was also pleasantly surprised that today is the release date for Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, and that there will be more DLC characters after the five in the Fighter's Pass
    - Pokémon Camp seems like fun successor to Amie/Refresh. I also like Polteageist's design and Cramorant's ability.

wolf jani and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

While I do think people will enjoy Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE on Switch, I was really hoping for another Wii U title like Super Mario 3D World. Bringing the first Xenoblade Chronicles to Switch was a surprise, along with that sequel to Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. SNES games on Switch was expected, and the starting line-up looks fun. The new Sword and Shield info was good, and I saw some more classic Pokemon in addition to the two new ones, personally I'm hoping the Galar Dex will have around 500 Pokemon. And finally, the Smash Ultimate stuff! Bringing back Home Run Contest was a smooth move, Banjo and Kazooie coming out today was nice, Terry Bogard being the next fighter makes me want to try Fatal Fury. And OMG! Even more DLC fighters besides Piranha Plant and the Fighters Pass group!! I am simultaneously happy for this, and worried about Mr. Sakurai's physical health.

5. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I'm thinking about playing that Deadly Premonition Origins game. I've been told by fans of these games that this is the best-worst game you'll ever play and what they told me was they were surprised at how good the framerate was, above the 30FPS, on the Switch Port considering how medicore it was on other consoles like PS3 or PC. I'm curious, can anyone tell me if this is true about this being the best-worst game? Is it fun? Is the story good? I heard the story was apparently amazing but is it fun?

6. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Highlights for me!

Cheers, love Th'Calvary's 'here...on Switch!
    Gooigi better be a bloody Luigi Echo in Smash. Also, is this the seed of LUIGI PARTY?!
    Terry confirmed. Whoops on my end. Also, MORE CHARACTERS? Sakurai-san, please take a long break after the Fighters Pass!
    Polteageist!...and Fearow ain't the only Comorant(Fish Bullets FTW).
    Mallow's Trial cutscene was the hint about this great curry collectathon!
    (Also, this whole segment shoots down A LOT of complaints regarding the NatDex)
    TOBY FOX WORKING AS A CONTRACTOR FOR GAME FREAK.
    Deadly Premonition? NICE.
    Guh-Huh!
    Goemon is Konami, right?
    Well, Old Mii Costumes are back on the board.
    TEAM ROCKET'S ROCKIN'! But I wish they wielded Poké Balls when using Shot Put.
    YOU FEEL YOUR SINS CRAWLING ON YOUR BACK.
    More Terry, and a Snashified King of Fighters Tournament stage with MORE CAMEOS(Is this the new thing with DLC stages?). NICE. Also, Power Wave and Burn Knuckle. Nice.

7. Pokemon Power

Um, it's been nearly a month. Unless someone counts the upcoming Pokemon Sword and Shield 24-hour livestream as a Direct, is anyone gonna close this thread?

8. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

A new Pokemon themed Nintendo Direct has been announced for Thursday January 9th at 9:30 a.m. ET and 6:30 a.m PT. I'm going to reopen this thread.

9. Pokemon Power

I'm thinking they're gonna mostly discuss Pokemon Home.

10. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Expecting some Home news, possibly some Sleep news and a new raid battle announcement

11. Gamzee Makara

Let's hope they have 20 minutes of actually new content, vs. G-Max mons we already know about in their spots, in addition to HOME(For sure(It's about time) and Sleep(Which may not be in the US).

G-Max Toxitricity/Melmetal and Meltan/Melmetal release dates, please!

Leonhart likes this.
  12. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

I doubt a 20 minute direct is Home only when it really doesn't need anything more than a short youtube video. I'm hoping for Gen 4 remakes only due to the fact every Direct has had a main series reveal or news on upcoming main series game so yeah. Personally yearly releases don't bug me since I really have no issues with SwSh minus no GTA but even that is while annoying not big enough to cause issues. Personally I'd be all for a sub service to download all older games like PS NOW.

I am curious if they could add new GMax forms of Pokemon later down the road. Like a GMax Empoleon as royal guard

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  13. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Considering they've said over and over that they want Home to be more than just a storage thing, it's easy to imagine 20 minutes devoted to it. It absolutely will not include mention of any new games 2 months after the last games released.

wolf jani likes this.
  14. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

I'm definitely seeing Home being detailed, and maybe we can see Detective Pikachu 2 as well.

If they mention anything about the next main title, I doubt we'll get much if anything.

Probably an announcement that they'll make an announcement, or that it may drop in 2021.

15. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Agree to disagree

Leonhart likes this.
  16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

What's that supposed to mean? Why wouldn't they release it in the US?

17. Gamzee Makara

COPPA.

18. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

[​IMG]

You’re silly if you think Sleep is Japan only.

wolf jani and BCVM22 like this.
  19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I googled that, and all I'm finding is a bunch of stuff about YouTube. As far as I can tell, it's about online privacy. What does that have anything to do with a Pokémon game?

And regardless, Sleep was announced in an international stream. It's clear that they plan to release in America, or it would have been announced in a different way. Or at the very least mention it won't come to America back when it was announced.

BCVM22 likes this.
  20. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I’m actually hoping Home will sort of be a combination of Poké Pelago, Amie/Refresh, And Festival Plaza where we can pet and feed our Pokémon, have areas for training and hatching Eggs, and mini games that give us rewards to send over to Sword and Shield with prizes including evolution items, TRs, high selling price items, and Mints and Candy.

wolf jani and Leonhart like this.