1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Direct Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by AuraChannelerChris, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Honestly, I'm more excited for Mystery Dungeon than Sinnoh remakes. I love Sinnoh, and I want to see it remade, but we know it's going to happen sooner or later. Mystery Dungeon, on the other hand, seemed like it might have been a dead series, so bringing it back is wonderful.

Yeah, let's not jump to conclusions there. This could simply be a similar case to both Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver having the Legendary Birds.

Pokemon Power and Zipper4242 like this.
  2. Zipper4242

Zipper4242 Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.

Legendary birds are VERY different from box mascot legends. It’s just so unprecedented to have remake box mascots in a different game that generation (means that people might not get the remake since you can get the flagship Pokémon)... it’s like what would’ve been if Groudon and Kyogre showed in XY, or if Ho-Oh and Lugia showed up in Platinum. It just doesn’t make sense to me that they’d do Sinnoh remakes unless there’s a Gigantamax (or Primal but that isn’t going to happen since they’ve moved from megas) Dialga/Palkia that’s exclusive just to them. Otherwise their main selling point likely won’t exist, because all the legendaries are catchable with the expansion and the mechanics aren’t much different from the original games (as compared to Gen 1 vs FRLG, GS vs HGSS, and RS vs ORAS, where there were all significant changes to the mechanics, namely the physical/special split for all of them and abilities for the former two among other changes that aren’t new across all remakes but still of note like held items, new field moves like head butt, running shoes, expanded Pokédex, and Megas). Besides new Gigantimax forms, which is a very plausible selling point, I really can’t see any other reason for people to play these new games over the original DP or Platinum (which are still pretty available to my knowledge), since the expansion pack means that hopefully all Pokémon will be added at one point or another, and people can just transfer Pokémon from those games or catch the unique ones in SwSh. It just doesn’t make sense to me from a production and business level.

I hope I’m making some sense here- please let me know if I am not and you want clarification :).

3. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I fully understand what you're saying, I just think you're overestimating things a little. It's not like Palkia and Dialga are the only selling points of a Sinnoh game. Far from it. It's been nearly 15 years since Diamond and Pearl released. It's extremely outdated, and people are nostalgic for it. That in of itself is plenty of reason for the games to exist.

AgentKallus and Zipper4242 like this.
  4. Zipper4242

Zipper4242 Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.

You’re probably right. Thanks for bearing with me and explaining it so patiently!

Bguy7 likes this.
  5. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

Let’s not forget how hilarious it was that the American stream looped the DLC stuff three times. Funny!

wolf jani and Zipper4242 like this.
  6. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

7. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I personally think they count as such since they come directly from an employee of Nintendo. I find it impressive how many great games have come out on the Switch since its introduction in 2017 and only a handful of games released on the system are so terrible that they were unplayable. WWE 2K18 comes to mind. But the Switch is continuing to be a huge success and I think Sony And Microsoft will really need to step up their games if they don’t want Nintendo to win this console generation war with a landslide.

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

9. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Well, next Direct is centered on Animal Crossing New Horizons.

10. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

That isn’t surprising given there’s only a month before the game comes out.

Genos and Pokemon Power like this.
  11. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I am hype to see more DOOM Eternal Animal Crossing, I tell you what.

12. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

A whopping 25 minutes of Animal Crossing tomorrow. I can see it now... STAIRS CROSSES INTO THE FRAY!

13. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

As someone who never played Animal Crossing series, I'm looking forward to it. Last time I said about it Zelda and it became my favorite game of all times so, let's see what it offers.