• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

Torpoleon

Last week's Mario Direct has now become Nintendo's most viewed Direct presentation (including generals, minis, etc.) on their YouTube channel. Previous record holder was the Splatoon Direct in 2015.

Funny how a direct for a Wii U game held the title as most viewed Direct all this time. And it only took the Mario Direct 4 days to break the record!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Last week's Mario Direct has now become Nintendo's most viewed Direct presentation (including generals, minis, etc.) on their YouTube channel. Previous record holder was the Splatoon Direct in 2015.

Funny how a direct for a Wii U game held the title as most viewed Direct all this time. And it only took the Mario Direct 4 days to break the record!
Well Splatoon had a very interesting concept on making paintball fights more combative which hadn’t been seen before at the time of the announcement and was one of the more fascinating games on the Wii U which really didn’t have any original games that wasn’t a port or remake that was gamers really wanted to play at the time. Mario is the biggest name in the industry and most recognizable and iconic video game character out there that any type of news involving him especially with upcoming games will immediately get people excited.

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
So, evidently we're gonna go through a game knowing everything is going to end up in all sorts of bad.
I'm glad BotW lore is getting expanded. Looking forward to it.

Captain Jigglypuff

Another Stealth Drop; Nintendo has announced Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

So to recap

New Hyrule Warriors game with the same Musou style gameplay
Official BotW prequel, with the graphic style to match BotW's as well
Link, Zelda, and the four champions, Urbosa, Daruk, Revali, and Mipha confirmed to be playable
Releases November 20th, 2020. Yes, 2 months from now.
It’ll be interesting to see how Mipha does in battle. Her cutscenes pretty much had her acting passively and healing where Daruk was shown demonstrating his Gordon strength, Revali was shown flying in the air to see what was ahead of him, and we know Urbosa was a fierce warrior like all Gerudo and would be the hardest and last Champion that the Malice took out given the fact that she never would surrender and would fight until the very end while resisting the Malice’s influence. Mipha has her trident yet she seemed to be hesitant to use it and you do have to wonder how much of the Malice she could fight off before it overpowered her.

Pokemon Power

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Important to note that it’s another “Partner Showcase”, so a low chance of any major announcements. I know that doesn’t stop some people from being indignant, but we can try.
The reaction is probably going to be different this time since we've got the Mario 3D All Stars collection, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity already announced with new information about Age of Calamity coming September 26th. People won't be so negative about a Partner Showcase since we finally have some information on first party titles and what is likely the main holiday game.

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod
Seems Nintendo has had something new to announce every week for the last five weeks. Can't help but wonder if this will be the new norm until the pandemic is over.
I doubt it'll continue every single week, but the trend for 2020 does seem to be smaller but more frequent directs rather than a single longer one.

But we know we're getting more Hyrule Warriors news on 09/26 too, so there's that to look forward to.

Nintendo, stop trying to increase my awfully huge backlog already.
Ain't no escape from Backlog Hell.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
With this being a partner showcase, I guess my one hope would be that there is a game that comes from a third party franchise I care about.

As for pointless speculation, maybe we can get a new Mega Man collection, like Battle Network/Star Force or Legends.

Maybe we can get that second Castlevania collection that Konami seems to have hinted at with the wording of the first one.
That collection could have the GBA and DS games.

Of course, I'm not going to expect these, and they were only examples, but it would be nice to have one surprise I was interested in.

Captain Jigglypuff

With this being a partner showcase, I guess my one hope would be that there is a game that comes from a third party franchise I care about.

As for pointless speculation, maybe we can get a new Mega Man collection, like Battle Network/Star Force or Legends.

Maybe we can get that second Castlevania collection that Konami seems to have hinted at with the wording of the first one.
That collection could have the GBA and DS games.

Of course, I'm not going to expect these, and they were only examples, but it would be nice to have one surprise I was interested in.
Mega Man Legends 3 is possible given how the second game ended on a cliffhanger and a third game was announced and then canceled.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!