• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
eh, I'm betting a general Direct will come soon after. Get Xenoblade out of the way for more news on the other sh!t.

Then again, I'm just hoping cause I want more Fire Emblem news since I want to see if there'll be another announcement soon :>

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Breath of the Wild 2 got delayed to Spring (Fall for any fans in the Southern Hemisphere) 2023 so if we really getting a 29 June general Direct more information would be revealed there. More information on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is nice but I am not sure what other 'general appeal' game(s) would be great in the back end of 2023 (save for Pokemon and Splatoon).

Kirby already had its big game in March and we have not heard anything for Mario.

Litleonid

There might have just been more credibility added to the June 29th rumor. Today on 4chan, there was a post that stated a 20 minute Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct would be announced. This was posted 3 hours before it was actually announced, so they proved to be accurate. They also started that there will be a general Direct the following week and we wouldn't see much of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 outside of one last story trailer.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
So…since we’re less than 24 hours from the Xenoblade Direct - any thoughts on what we’ll see during it? 20 minutes can cover a lot. I’m expecting a couple of more characters among other things.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
If we are getting a Nintendo Direct soonish allI honestly want from it is more news on Neon White. That game got delayed and still hasn't come out, so I'd like to hear more about it.

Not interested in Xenoblade chronicles much, but cool to see there's going to be a direct for that game, I suppose.

PsychoLogical

Another few months of waiting in pain :D

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Nintendo's being awfully quiet about what their first party lineup is gonna be for the second half of the year, believe me, it's concerning.
Anyways, I'm hoping for a release date for Sonic Frontiers, new information on Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope and a new collection from Capcom.
We know that SV will be released in the second half and probably will be heavily marketed to be the big seller for the holidays as usual with Splatoon 3 being the alternate big seller given the popular that series has become.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Nintendo's being awfully quiet about what their first party lineup is gonna be for the second half of the year, believe me, it's concerning.
Anyways, I'm hoping for a release date for Sonic Frontiers, new information on Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope and a new collection from Capcom.
Welp since its a Mini I am not expecting too much. I always go in with a open mind.

Reminder that whatever title is in this presentation, it can also be a collaboration between Nintendo and some other third-party. Age of Calamity is listed under third party despite looking like it was made by Nintendo.
What are you talking about.

From the top of my head:

XC3
Splatoon 3
Maybe Bayonetta 3
Pokemon SV

It's decent enough, I'd say.

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3 and Pokemon SV: "Are we jokes to you?"

I know Xenoblade falls into the niche category in the grand scheme of things but it is a bit hasty to say Nintendo's first party lineup is lacking/concerning, there could be still a late 2022 direct for that. In the mean time this mini-direct could showcase potentially appealing third-party offerings.

Pokemon Power

Reminder that whatever title is in this presentation, it can also be a collaboration between Nintendo and some other third-party. Age of Calamity is listed under third party despite looking like it was made by Nintendo.

What are you talking about.

From the top of my head:

XC3
Splatoon 3
Maybe Bayonetta 3
Pokemon SV

It's decent enough, I'd say.
True, we got first party games for July, September and November, and Bayonetta 3 will likely fill the slot for August, October or December. But what about the last two months?

PsychoLogical

True, we got first party games for July, September and November, and Bayonetta 3 will likely fill the slot for August, October or December. But what about the last two months?
There have been rumors that another Fire Emblem installment is on the way and may potentially be released later this year so that might be an option.

Perhaps nothing, but do remember that we're still in a global pandemic slowing things down. Sort of a miracle that Game Freak even managed a new Pokemon title right after PLA.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think Bayonetta 3 will be presented with more of the story plot and some new feature with a potential release date for next spring. From what it looks like, this game seems to be bigger and more action packed than the previous titles.

Pokemon Power

Can't wait to play the Mega Man Battle Network saga and Pac-Man World on my Switch. Bowser playable in Sparks of Hope, oh boy. The new Monkey Island game looks good. And the Portal Collection coming out today, what a surprise!! Still no official release date for Sonic Frontiers, what's up with that?

PsychoLogical

Persona 5 Royal coming to switch this October, FeelsGoodMan.

This Direct was packed from pleasantly revealing the Battle Network Collection (hopefully with no weird sentences and bugs) to Persona 3P, 4 Golden, and 5 Royal. The last announcement made everything much better.

Nintendo won.

Captain Jigglypuff

The Portal Collection comes out today? I really need to save to get it as I only got to play a tiny bit of both games on the PS3 before my console stopped reading discs.