• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

Rune Knight

I know that this has been repeatedly brought up over the last decades, but I could see Mother 3 being officially localized through NSO's potential GBA expansion granting it so much favor in terms of the number of subscribers, at least during the time of its release.

Pokemon Power

Here's what I'm hoping for.
*The next update for Mario Strikers Battle League.
*A new Dr. Mario, because the lineup for the Mario franchise this year seems pretty small and we could use a new Dr. Mario game following the closure of Dr. Mario World for mobile phones.
*A bit of new info for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, like new species.
*Portable systems on Switch Online. Preferably original Game Boy and GB Color for regular subscribers, and GB Advance and Sega Game Gear for Expansion Pack owners.
*Remastered Gamecube titles on Switch. The ones I'd like to see are Pokemon Colosseum and XD, Kirby Air Ride, F-Zero GX and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Here's what I'm hoping for.

*Remastered Gamecube titles on Switch. The ones I'd like to see are Pokemon Colosseum and XD, Kirby Air Ride, F-Zero GX and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Also the GameCube and Wii Fire Emblem games would be cool! And maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Just give me FE17 (maybe even FE18 as a remake or new original installment) and GBA expansion for NSO. That's all that matters to me.

Litleonid

Everyone's out here asking for ports of Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, and Metroid Prime. I'm just sitting here hoping for new games and that 2023 won't be a year filled with mostly ports or remasters.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Everyone's out here asking for ports of Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, and Metroid Prime. I'm just sitting here hoping for new games and that 2023 won't be a year filled with mostly ports or remasters.
We know that the BotW sequel is supposed to come out next spring. Which means there may be another trailer for it. I’m also guessing that Metroid 4 will be releasing the second half of 2023 and perhaps a new trailer for the game will be shown.

Litleonid

We know that the BotW sequel is supposed to come out next spring. Which means there may be another trailer for it. I’m also guessing that Metroid 4 will be releasing the second half of 2023 and perhaps a new trailer for the game will be shown.
I'm hoping BoTW2 does make it to 2023. Its already been delayed twice. Zelda games have a history of being delayed a couple times, so I just hope they won't come out and say "Hey the sequel of Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild is being delayed to 2024. Here's more ports." I hope it does indeed hit their targeted first half of 2023. As for Metroid Prime 4, its been 4 years almost since development restarted. I could see us finally getting news for it next year. I don't expect it to come out until 2024 at the earliest.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
We really need something to look forward to in 2023. The 2022 lineup, especially for the second half of the year, has been mainly niche IPs that the majority of Nintendo fans don't care about, we need to start seeing some news for some bigger IPs. Zelda and Metroid ports would be okay, but we could really use an announcement for a Spring game. Like DK. Whatever happened to that? The rumors were flying around about a DK game last year for the 40th anniversary, to the point where there's too much smoke for there to be no fire, and then... crickets. Where is that game?

Also, we need to hear SOMETHING about BotW2. Either announce another delay or lift the lid on WTF the game actually is. This game is too high profile for us to know this little this close to release, if it really is on target for a Spring 2023 release it's high time we actually learn something about it if they want it to sell gangbusters like the first game.

As for Prime 4, I doubt they announce it now. Especially not after they announced it too early to begin with. I'm guessing we don't see it again until E3 2023, that feels like the right time and place for that kind of announcement. Feeling the same about Odyssey 2 for that matter, that's another IP we really need to see soon, but a flagship game like that is probably not going to be announced in a September Direct (at best we'll get a quick teaser, but we tend not to get those for Mario games).

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
In regards for this year, only thing I am hoping for is more information on the second part of Xenoblade Chronicles 3’s Expansion Pass (we seem to be good for Scarlet/Violet info this month). Pipe dream would be a Golden Sun trilogy collection, 2022 has been good for me so hopefully we have great games to look forward to in 2023.

Nicholas Perkins

The Smasher Demon
Predictions:
  • Quick shout-outs to games already released (namely Splatoon 3)
  • 3rd party sizzle reel
  • Some new game that nobody thought of but makes perfect sense
  • Mario Movie trailer
  • Some more ports
Hopes
  • SSBU rerelease
  • Project X Zone 3
  • BOTW 2 gameplay
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Tomato Adventure remake
  • New 3D Mario (sneak peek)
  • FE4 remake
  • New Donkey Kong

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's not that people are specifically asking for the ports. They were stated in a rumor by insiders.
We really need something to look forward to in 2023. The 2022 lineup, especially for the second half of the year, has been mainly niche IPs that the majority of Nintendo fans don't care about, we need to start seeing some news for some bigger IPs. Zelda and Metroid ports would be okay, but we could really use an announcement for a Spring game.
Nintendo fans need to broaden their horizons.
Also, we got Splatoon 3, which has broken the record for highest selling game in Japan on opening weekend.
Hopes
  • SSBU rerelease
Why?

Vindicated30.6

Since we have the classic Castlevania collection and the GBA Castlevania collection, a DS Castlevania collection (just in time for Halloween?!) would be awesome!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nintendo fans need to broaden their horizons.

I mean the IPs that do sell are a wide range of genres. You've got platformers (Mario, DK, Kirby, Yoshi), adventure games (Zelda), racing games (Mario Kart), RPGs (Pokemon, Fire Emblem), fighters (Smash), shooters (Splatoon), and life sim games (Animal Crossing). It's not as if the fanbase has narrow tastes and just buys the same genres over and over again.

At any rate, most of these IPs have been MIA for 3+ years so it's reasonable to question why we're not seeing more of them (the IPs I mentioned in particular feel like they should have new entries ready about now, and I'd also mention Mario Kart too if not for it cannibalizing the sales of the Booster Course Pack). It's even reached the point where the pandemic isn't a credible excuse anymore, that should largely be in the rearview mirror as far as its effect on the development schedule at this point.

Also, we got Splatoon 3, which has broken the record for highest selling game in Japan on opening weekend.

Keyword is "mainly". Splatoon is an exception, but for the most part they've been relying on games like Xenoblade, FEW, and Bayonetta which don't really sell.

Vindicated30.6

I mean the IPs that do sell are a wide range of genres. You've got platformers (Mario, DK, Kirby, Yoshi), adventure games (Zelda), racing games (Mario Kart), RPGs (Pokemon, Fire Emblem), fighters (Smash), shooters (Splatoon), and life sim games (Animal Crossing). It's not as if the fanbase has narrow tastes and just buys the same genres over and over again.
One of Nintendo's biggest strengths is their IPs. Innovation is another, and they are also very good at playing the nostalgia card. I mean, who would have thought some of their deep dives of the past decade would get so much hype? Especially pulling out some previously untranslated stuff like Live a Live and Star Fox 2 on the SNES Classic. Someone said Twilight Princess has already been on three systems. But there's a ton of GCN games that haven't gotten any love in the better part of a decade. Not just the Pokemon games, but what about Paper Mario Thousand Year Door? The Mario 3D All Stars was a hit, so why not a package deal of Paper Mario 64, Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There's more to Nintendo than just the most popular franchises.

Heck, there are some good third party releases.

Nintendo fans still need to broaden their horizons.

Ignition

From Pallet Town Rookie to World Champion
People can hope for more entries in popular franchises and have a variety of tastes. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Anyway, besides stuff we already knows that’s coming (Bayo 3, SV, Sonic Frontiers) I mainly just want GBA on Switch. Not a LoZ or Metroid fan personally but hope everyone gets what they want since I saw both of these series talked about a lot recently

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
The only thing that comes to mind to me for a SSBU rerelease is a Deluxe edition that includes all the DLC characters and Mii Costumes (including the two from purchasing the two Challenger Packs, not just the various characters by themselves). Don't expect more characters than what we already have however (should a Deluxe version be revealed).