• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Barely moved the needle for me. We got the bare minimum of new info for Zelda, we got an announcement for Pikmin 4 that was nothing but one screenshot, and little else. It's okay, I guess, but it still feels like we have next to nothing. I'm very concerned about Nintendo's output, it feels like they've been twiddling their thumbs for the last year or two (I know that's not the case and they're working on things behind the scenes, but the output has been so disappointing that it feels like they're doing next to nothing).

AuraChannelerChris

Angry Subway Employee ~Eat Fresh~
Why were there 4 farming games, and why wasn't Harvest Moon invited ironically.

In fact, didn't we just have a Doraemon farming game the previous Direct.

BCVM22

Man, those who were expecting Zelda Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and the Metroid Prime Trilogy to come to Switch are STILL being screwed over.

There is a glaringly - blindingly? - obvious lesson to be learned here, repeatedly. But no one who needs to learn that lesson has the wherewithal to do so.

AuraChannelerChris

Angry Subway Employee ~Eat Fresh~
There is a glaringly - blindingly? - obvious lesson to be learned here, repeatedly. But no one who needs to learn that lesson has the wherewithal to do so.
Never drink milk from a coconut you found in the dark?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I pretty much got what I wanted which was a new mainline FE game. Still disappointed in no GBA expansion for NSO :d

Litleonid

Thoughts on the Direct?

Positives
+FINALLY!! BOtW2 is officially given the title Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom! Its not getting delayed! May 12, 2023 let's gooooooo!
+After 7 long years after hearing it was almost finished, we're FINALLY getting Pikmin 4!!
+I don't care much for the franchise, but its nice to see Fire Emblem is getting a new entry.
+A remake of Kirby Return To Dreamland for the 30th anniversary celebration is a great treat.
+Seeing It Takes Two is coming to the Switch is also great.

Negatives
-The Direct honestly felt way too slow. Directs like September 2021 and the E3 Directs feel like we're constantly being hit with cool reveals, but this felt slow.
-It felt like there was way too much content from Square Enix.
-Too many farming simulators. Farming simulators are nice, but did we need like 4 of them? Fae Farm looks cute, but what was up with the large amount of farming simulators?
-2 whole minutes on Pikmin Bloom? The mobile app that came out last year I think? Really?
-This might not bug some, TPCI's continual refusal to reveal new mainline Pokemon news alongside the rest of Nintendo's games bugs me. I know they like to do their own thing, but Pokemon mainline games are Nintendo exclusives and should have a presence alongside the other Nintendo games during their events. The Direct really needed SV news to break up the slower parts. Last week's news or the Grafaiai reveal should have been saved for today.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Never did I ever imagine that GameFreak would bring Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 to virtual console. Those were the very first Pokemon games I've ever played... You fantastic son of a gun, I'm in! Let's do this!

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Though it is a remake of Kirby Return to Dreamland, Kirby getting a new game in 2023 was quite surprising. Since you cannot transfer Pokemon into the Switch releases of Stadium 1 & 2 not sure how they are going to handle the rental Pokemon, they are known to be subpar at best particularly when dealing with the Round 2 versions of the various cups/Gym Leader Castle.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Though it is a remake of Kirby Return to Dreamland, Kirby getting a new game in 2023 was quite surprising. Since you cannot transfer Pokemon into the Switch releases of Stadium 1 & 2 not sure how they are going to handle the rental Pokemon, they are known to be subpar at best particularly when dealing with the Round 2 versions of the various cups/Gym Leader Castle.
How is it surprising? There are more Kirby games recently than Legend of Zelda games on the switch and 3DS, and that's ports included for LoZ. If anything, you should be surprised it's not another Kirby spinoff.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
We got Pokemon Stadium, hopefully Colosseum is on the horizon? Zelda looks cool. I need to play the old Bayonetta games because the new one looks good. Mario and Rabbids looks fun. So does the new Fire Emblem, although it looks like it uses the hero summoning mechanic of the mobile game (Please not F2P gatcha...) I loved Goldeneye as a kid, so that will be fun. Octopath Traveller II looks really good, and I'm still holding out hope for Star Wars Shadows of the Empire to hit the N64 library.

Yep. But I wish it was available separately for those who chose to not get the NSO expansion.

Really looking forward to BOTW 2. It looks intriguing.

Rune Knight

I'm back from being in the dark. Man what a crazy direct, I am so happy.

My friends and I made a bingo card prior to it and I scored a bunch of them: https://mfbc.us/m/cytr9t8

Wanted but did not actually expect Pikmin 4 and I was so glad when I saw it on-screen, Tales of Symphonia as well.

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Never did I ever imagine that GameFreak would bring Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 to virtual console. Those were the very first Pokemon games I've ever played... You fantastic son of a gun, I'm in! Let's do this!
Only thing is not being able transfer Pokemon can make things a miserable experience. Round 1 and the Stadium 2 cup that specifically restricts you to rentals are quite manageable but Round 2 is likely quite brutal (not helped the rentals are generally subpar).

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Never drink milk from a coconut you found in the dark?
Especially if you have certain allergies and/or intolerances.

Yeah Zelda was the only interesting thing in the direct for me but that doesn't surprise me so I'm not disappointed.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Only thing is not being able transfer Pokemon can make things a miserable experience. Round 1 and the Stadium 2 cup that specifically restricts you to rentals are quite manageable but Round 2 is likely quite brutal (not helped the rentals are generally subpar).

So tell me again why they even bothered instead of waiting for the GB games to come to NSO? For that matter why aren't GB games coming to NSO already?

Rune Knight

Since Goldeneye is getting online multiplayer hopefully the same will apply to the stadium games.

Last edited: