• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

Ryker101

Damnn I forgot there was a direct today lol

So glad we got BotW 2 confirmation! Tears of the kingdom is an interesting title and I’m liking the new sky zones and gameplay. Looks like they’re replacing shiekah slate with Link’s new arm as the new mechanic. I’m keen as for this, so glad they’ve taken their time with it. Also crazy how we’re also getting sequels to other goated games like god of war and spiderman

Pikasaur

Panda Power
So tell me again why they even bothered instead of waiting for the GB games to come to NSO? For that matter why aren't GB games coming to NSO already?

Why not just let the 3DS GB Games connect to the N64 games?

Too much work i guess.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I never used the feature anyway. Miiverse was where I'd post 3DS and Wii U images.

Ah. That was me too. I think that maybe Pokemon X and Y might have used the feature, but I'm not sure.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Pokemon Power

Hopefully this will be a whole lot better than the live action movie. Seriously, how on earth do you get tiny headed dinosaur people from the Goomba when the actual Goomba is just a sentient walking mushroom?
In its own right, the 1993 movie was decent, but it failed to respect the source material. That's why it didn't do so well. Seems to me like they're trying to go all out with references this time to avoid repeating that flaw.

Captain Jigglypuff

In its own right, the 1993 movie was decent, but it failed to respect the source material. That's why it didn't do so well. Seems to me like they're trying to go all out with references this time to avoid repeating that flaw.
I agree that the acting wasn’t bad per se and the special effects were pretty good and the plot was decent when you summarize it but Daisy really should have been Princess Toadstool aka Peach and they wouldn’t have to make her blonde back then because she was shown to have different hair colors before Super Mario 64. But the Goombas were a huge mistake and they look like rejected concept art for Reptile from the Mortal Kombat series. Dennis Hopper as Bowser sort of worked but something about his general look feels wrong. I think it’s the weir blond hair color that they used which should have been more of a honey color or even bright red.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Also the 1993 movie had very little source material to work on, let alone transfer well to a live action screen in a time when CGI was still non-existent

Captain Jigglypuff

Also the 1993 movie had very little source material to work on, let alone transfer well to a live action screen in a time when CGI was still non-existent
I think CGI did exist but it was still uncommon to see. It was mostly seen in music videos but the clock tower scene in The Great Mouse Detective was one of the first instances of CGI in a movie.

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Chris Pratt as Mario is a bit strange but still acceptable. Jack Black delivery as Bowser however was spot on.

Ignition

World's biggest Incineroar stan
Not a fan of Chris Pratt's take on Mario but Jack Black killed it as Bowser. If I do end up seeing this movie, it's for him.