• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Direct Thread

Ignition

World's biggest Incineroar stan
I honestly prefer it to the Italian accent. I personally think the accent sounds annoying.
That's how I find Pratt's take on the character. Never been big on him in general though

lolipiece

My true form
Staff member
Bowser is the best part of the trailer, so we at least know they're being faithful to most Mario RPGs.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Super Mario Bros. movie opinions:

Jack Black sounds good as Bowser.
Chris Pratt sounds... fine as Mario. Sounds more akin to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.
Nice to see the penguins have a ruler.
I'm surprised by how good this movie looks. Seems like Illumination can actually make quality productions with enough time.
I got a couple of laughs from the trailer.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Fans before the Mario Movie Trailer: LOL!!!
Fans after the Mario Movie Trailer: Perhaps we were too harsh...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Toad reminds me of the Toad from the DIC Mario cartooons, and that's a definite plus. Makes me hopeful that Peach will similarly be like her DIC cartoon persona, with the go-get-em attitude and active involvement with the heroics.

Having actually never heard Chris Pratt before, I got to hear this with no bias going in, and came out thinking Mario sounds great here. Mario with a bubbly Italian accent works well for isolated sound clips for a game, but I don't think it can carry through a whole movie, so going this route works best; I expect characters in a movie to be, well, characters, not action figures with stock phrases, so I was satisfied with the little we got from Mario here. And naturally Black nails it with Bowser. You can tell he's having fun here.

Hazys

I don't really like the look or tone Illumination is going for with this movie, but it definitely looks more respectable than anyone expected. Chris Pratt is still terrible casting though.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don't really like the look or tone Illumination is going for with this movie, but it definitely looks more respectable than anyone expected. Chris Pratt is still terrible casting though.
I think it could have been worse. We could have had David Spade or Shia LaBeouf as Mario.

Pokemon Power

All right, here's what I predict.
*New info on some games we already know, including the rumored Magalor Epilouge mode in Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, new info on Pikmin 4, and the release dates for Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp.
*A new Mario Baseball game, we have new installments of Tennis, Golf and Strikers already, so I think a new Baseball is a given.
*Perhaps the next trailer for the Super Mario Bros. movie, they had two Direct focused on those trailers, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is where the third one drops.
*Wild card, a sequel to Super Mario Odyssey for the second half of the year.
*Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass, or at least a tiny piece of it.
*A new port of a classic game, I'm gonna guess Star Fox Zero.
*Wave 2 of the Fire Emblem Engage DLC.
*New Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC.
*New Splatoon 3 DLC.
*From SEGA, new information on the first free update for Sonic Frontiers.
*From Capcom, a new compilation game.
*From Bandai Namco, something related to Pac-Man.

I also believe the next Pokemon Presents will be later in the month, so I'm gonna make my predictions for that too.
*Scarlet and Violet DLC, we know it's coming.
*Detective Pikachu 1 port, to prepare for Detective Pikachu 2.
*Details on the next season of Pokemon Go, among other updates to mobile games.
*Remake of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers.
*Wild card, Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Expansion Pass, to celebrate 5th anniversary of the game's release.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
All right, here's what I predict.
*New info on some games we already know, including the rumored Magalor Epilouge mode in Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, new info on Pikmin 4, and the release dates for Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp.
*A new Mario Baseball game, we have new installments of Tennis, Golf and Strikers already, so I think a new Baseball is a given.
*Perhaps the next trailer for the Super Mario Bros. movie, they had two Direct focused on those trailers, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is where the third one drops.
*Wild card, a sequel to Super Mario Odyssey for the second half of the year.
*Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass, or at least a tiny piece of it.
*A new port of a classic game, I'm gonna guess Star Fox Zero.
*Wave 2 of the Fire Emblem Engage DLC.
*New Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC.
*New Splatoon 3 DLC.
*From SEGA, new information on the first free update for Sonic Frontiers.
*From Capcom, a new compilation game.
*From Bandai Namco, something related to Pac-Man.

I also believe the next Pokemon Presents will be later in the month, so I'm gonna make my predictions for that too.
*Scarlet and Violet DLC, we know it's coming.
*Detective Pikachu 1 port, to prepare for Detective Pikachu 2.
*Details on the next season of Pokemon Go, among other updates to mobile games.
*Remake of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers.
*Wild card, Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Expansion Pass, to celebrate 5th anniversary of the game's release.
I don’t think that LGPE are getting anything. They weren’t terrible games themselves but they are also definitely far from being some of the best. They are rather dull after awhile and I think GF wants to sweep anything related to the games under the rug with BDSP. Once SwSh came out, all support and promotion for LGPE went right out the window. BDSP stopped getting any love right after the Azure Flute being able to appear in the games after completing Legends Arceus and there is so much more that we could have gotten for Mystery Gift. Heck even Legends stopped getting anything after it was out for six months and hasn’t had a Mystery Gift event since the summer.

Pokemon Power

I don’t think that LGPE are getting anything. They weren’t terrible games themselves but they are also definitely far from being some of the best. They are rather dull after awhile and I think GF wants to sweep anything related to the games under the rug with BDSP. Once SwSh came out, all support and promotion for LGPE went right out the window. BDSP stopped getting any love right after the Azure Flute being able to appear in the games after completing Legends Arceus and there is so much more that we could have gotten for Mystery Gift. Heck even Legends stopped getting anything after it was out for six months and hasn’t had a Mystery Gift event since the summer.
Well, to me the games feel a little empty without the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen. Just add that feature back in, and make it so you can unlock the ability to transfer Pokemon from Generations 2-7 from Pokemon Go within them, and I think it'll feel complete.