• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Discussion Rules (Updated August 1, 2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming Torchic

60 Tauren Shaman
As moderator of the Nintendo Discussion forum, I felt that some rules needed to be established. They may be updated at anytime, so keep an eye on the title of this thread as it will notify you of when the last update was made. I expect everyone to follow the rules and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM either myself or RedStarWarrior. Thank you.

1. No SPAMing

SPAMing stands for:

Stupid/Short
Pointless
Annoying
Also, if your post is 4 words or less, then it is considered SPAMing, so please try and make your posts as long and as descriptive as possible.

2. No Flaming

Posts made with the direct intention of insulting a member or a group are considered flaming. Bashing or insulting a video game or a console in a manner that would be considered flaming, if your subject was a person, will not be tolerated.

3. No Bumping Old Topics

If you post in a thread that no one has posted in for over a month, then that is considered bumping. Please refrain from doing that.

4. No Duplicating Topics

When you make a thread discussing a certain Nintendo game and there is already a thread made discussing that game, then that is Duplicating a topic. Please post in the original topic of that game if you would like to discuss it.

I would also like to add that if you are in a situation where you might be duplicating a topic, but the original topic is over a month old, then that is the only situation where you are allowed to duplicate a topic. If it is not over a month old, then you just post in the original thread.

5. In Regards to Multi-Platform Games

If you have a game that is sold for both a Nintendo and a non-Nintendo console and you would like to post a thread discussing the game, then please do it in the Other Video Game Discussion Forum. Multi-platform games include ones like Sonic Heroes, Soul Calibur II, and Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.

Exceptions to this rule would be if you were going to post about a specific feature present in only the Nintendo version of the game. An example would be a thread about Link in Soul Calibur II. However, a thread comparing Link, Spawn, and Heihachi from Soul Calibur II would go in OVGD.

6. No Discussion of Emulators or ROMs

Emulators are programs whose purpose is to mimic the functionality of another system, such as a gaming console, and by ROMs I am referring to the the binary information transferred from a game cartridge to an image file. The legality of emulators depends on several factors which we can not waste our time looking up, so please don't discuss them. ROMs, on the other hand, are generally illegal, hence the reason for all talk of them being prohibited. Only in cases where legality can be readily proven beyond a shadow of a doubt will discussion be allowed on such a topic. It requires prior moderator approval via PM, though, before posting.

Due to the questionable legality of such items, members who post references to ROMs or emulators will be warned and if they persist, they will be banned.

7. For Help with Games

If you need help with a game, whether it is defeating a tough boss, finding a secret level, or obtaining a rare item, please post your question in the Official Nintendo Game Help Thread. Any topic made that requests help with a game will be closed and/or deleted, so please post in the provided thread.

8. Thread Substance

When posting a thread, make sure that that your initial post is sufficient enough to create a discussion. Starting a thread with "Talk about Metal Gear Solid 2 here," as the first post won't cut it. Threads that have 'weak' initial posts, i.e. a lack of substance, will be closed.

9. Official Posts

Official posts are posts that are deemed important by the moderating staff of the forum and we will add the word 'Official' to your thread's title if necessary. Do NOT put 'Official' in your own thread title unless you have prior approval of a moderator. Self-proclaiming your thread to be official will result in its closure.

10. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Any dicussions specifically involving Nintendo Wi-Fi or the Wi-Fi features of a game belong in the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Forum. All topics not abiding by this rule will be moved or closed. Topics about Wi-Fi enabled games will still be allowed in the Nintendo Discussion Forum so long as the conversation does not revolve around the Wi-Fi components of the games.

11. Upon Thread Closure

If your thread has been closed for one of the above reasons and you would like to amend your thread so that it fits within the rules and can be reopened, please PM me and we can discuss it. You are also welcome to PM me if you do not understand why your thread was closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.