• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo DSi the End of Pal Park?

What will happen to the Pal Park?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pandamonia

Resident Pandaphile
With the coming of the new Nintendo DSi, I reserved mine, as per usual. Now however, I am curious to what will become of the Pal Park. The Pal Park is (was?) a place where we could migrate our old RSE Pokémon to DPPt. But with the demise of Slot 2 (GBA), how will we do this?

Yes, of course, you could ask a friend or keep your old DS, but is Nintendo trying (once again) to get us to spend more money?

Please comment below.

Penguinist Trainer

Platinum is meant to be played on the DS if you intend to utilize the Pal Park. There is no guarantee that the Pal Park will be utilized in the 5th generation.

Honestly, I wouldn't have even bothered ordering a DSi until I knew it had a decent amount of games that utilized the new camera function.

There is no need for Nintendo to make a patch to upgrade previous software. Even if it was released only 2 weeks before their new hardware. Currently, the best thing for them to do is find a way to utilize the camera function for the 5th generation to make it worth it to spend the money on the DSi.

BCVM22

Once Nintendo's elite strike force of Multipurpose Assault Recon Insurgency Operatives finishes their mission of destroying every DS and DS Lite unit worldwide, what you suggest will be reality.

You've discovered their plan, though. You may want to hide out at a motel off the highway for a while - they might determine you need to be silenced before you blow their cover.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I hope there's aleast a way in the 5th generation to get Pokemon from Diamond aleast.
And yeah I am never getting the DSI because of that and because it's a waste of money to me. I didn't rush out to buy Lite and I am not doing the same for DSI.

Kisa.x

Budding Breeder
With the coming of the new Nintendo DSi, I reserved mine, as per usual. Now however, I am curious to what will become of the Pal Park. The Pal Park is (was?) a place where we could migrate our old RSE Pokémon to DPPt. But with the demise of Slot 2 (GBA), how will we do this?

Uh... by keeping your DS Lite.
If you're stupid enough to trade in your DS Lite for a DSi then ***** about the non use of pal park, then that's your fault.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well right now I have one DSphat, two DSlites and one DSi so I don't really have any problems with this. It's not like you have to get rid of your old DS's. And remember, while it is a big part of it, Pokemon isn't the only thing on Nintendo's mind. They can't keep making GBA games and hardware forever, they have to keep moving on ahead.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
That's true, I still have my GBA and GB same with N64 (Not GC since it can work with the wii and my newphew wanted one, GC that is). So don't get rid of your DS just because of that

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I still have my GBA.
Most likely is that they'll turn Pal Park into something else.
Some people probably won't need pal park since they would've migrated every pokémon that they need...

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Hell, I still have the old tan game boy. Just keep your old DS, and simply take the game out of the DSi, and.... *Gasp* Put it back in the old DS! Then you have your lovely pal park back! :D

Aren't I a genius?

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I have 2DS Lites, Diamond and Pearl, so that's not too much of a trouble for me. As for DSi, I think it signifies the upcoming shift in the gaming generation.

Luxraymaster

On the road to Johto
Surely cant u just buy the dsi as well then itll be easier to trade pokes from dp to platinum wont it? then u wont need to use ur friends ds like i have to use my bros lol well thats what im doing anyway

ForeverFlame

Maybe they should make a new duo of 4th generation games that will allow you to get the remaining Pokemon missing from DPPl? Like Lugia, Ho-Oh, the Johto starters, and the Legendary Beasts? Cough. Cough. Cough.

There has to be a reason why the Legendary Beasts were the only trio ommitted from Platinum, right?

Last edited:

BCVM22

Maybe people should stop bringing that crap up every goddamn chance they get, regardless of its complete irrelevance to most discussions.

Cough. Cough. Cough. :|

ForeverFlame

Well, I guess they're going to have to keep their DS Lite supply handy, then. Otherwise that throws "Gotta Catch 'Em All" out the window.

randomspot555

Well, I guess they're going to have to keep their DS Lite supply handy, then. Otherwise that throws "Gotta Catch 'Em All" out the window.

Answer me this: Were you actually just going to chuck your DS/DS Lite out the window when/if you get a DSi?

Even if you did, it's not like Nintendo has to make more for them to exist. I can walk down the street and purchase an Atari console or the old school Sega Master Console.

Believe it or not, just because it isn't in stock at Wal-Mart or Target doesn't mean it just vanishes off of the face of the earth.

Also, "Gotta Catch Em All" hasn't been used as a line since...well, for many years. It's also not the point of the games.

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
I plan on getting a DSi and then using my original silver DS for the pal park services.

BCVM22

Particularly since production of the Lite will continue even with the DSi on the market now.

Once Nintendo's elite strike force of Multipurpose Assault Recon Insurgency Operatives finishes their mission of destroying every DS and DS Lite unit worldwide, what you suggest will be reality.

You've discovered their plan, though. You may want to hide out at a motel off the highway for a while - they might determine you need to be silenced before you blow their cover.
Haha that's probably the truth XD

Anyway, i think that Nintendo will realize the people with some sense will hold on th their DS/Ds lites and you could trade your 1st-4th gen pokemon to the 5th gen games whenever they come out via wireless, or perhaps in the 5th gen it will bew possible to obtain all the pokemon from the 1st through 4th gens as well as the 5th gen pokemon. Including starters, but maybe starters would be a get one only deal or something. *shrugs* there's prolly a zillion possibilities that could happen

-Koumori-

Well, assuming a rip in space-time doesn't occur, I was kind of planning on keeping my DSLite, and until I really see a need to I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with the DSi. I don't find the new gimmicks all that appealing, aside from the Wifi game downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.