• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo E3 Media Summit Conference

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
Like I did with Microsoft, discuss the new things Nintendo announces on there conference that will happen later today.

EDIT: Reggie starts with some statistics.

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
In a similar fashion to my episode reviews, I'll be posting highlights here with the occasional less-than-witty commentary as I watch:

- Nintendo logo with blaring beep! What an EPIC way to start things off!
- Oh good. They replaced the beep with crappy oldies music.
- You know what would be a REAL miracle? If they actually started less than 20 minutes late this year.
- 2 MINUTES LATE! IT'S A MIRACLE! EGADS! TALKING NES!
- Uh-oh! Reggie's HAPPY! HAPPY, I TELLZ YOU!
- Okay...okay...gloating...get on with it already, Reggienator.
- XD, soccer mom joke bombs and gets no laughs.
- Wii Zapper, baby! I'd zap that.
- A good zapping? This will forever be remembered as the E3 of Bad Jokes.
- It's Brawl time! DK! FINALLY!
- DECEMBER 3 RELEASE DATE FOR BRAWL!
- Phantom Hourglass and Metroid Corruption demos.
- As much as I love Nintendo, they're really full of it, especially regarding online.
- Check Mii Out? Should I laugh or cry?
- MARIO KART WII Q1 2008! Online battle mode! Compatible and packaged with new Wii steering wheel!
- Satoru Iwata sounds like a frickin' Muppet.
- Yay, the Muppet's finally done. Brief Galaxy stuff. Hopefully there will be more later.
- November 12th - Release date for Mario Galaxy. And Mario dons a bee costume.
- WTF Wii Fit? Now you can be your own Richard Simmons with the power of virtual exercise! (I know, I make even worse jokes than Reggie)
- THIS is their "big surprise"? Good lord, this is embarassing.
- Eh...I'm done with this.

Meh, it wasn't as dull as Microsoft's, but probably more ridiculous, and it didn't mark a legacy worth crap like Reggie said it would. Okay, maybe a legacy of corny gags, but that's it. Only brief tidbits of big titles were shown, and Wii Fit being the big surprise was...you know what, I don't even know what to think of it. Sure, Mario Kart Wii and the release dates were big news, but otherwise, unless you're excited by the prospect of virtual yoga, this was a disappointing showing for the Big N. Weakest E3 since '03, and if Sony's conference bombs too, it'll go down as the worst E3 ever.

Last edited:

Ho-oh Master

Somone give me the nintendo Stream plase. The stupid thing stopped and I lost the link >_>

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
This was VERY dissapointing. Nintendo didn't even show any game footage.

ATLEAST Mario Kart, Galaxy and Brawl recieved launch dates. And Mario's bee costume is LULZ.

Hopefully, they'll release more stuff during the event(remember that the first Brawl trailer wasn't released at the 06 press conference).

and with the press conferences looking like crap, I think Sony may have a chance, especially since we won't be hearing the words: "599 US dollars".

Rhonin the wizard

My computer crashed two times. Darn it! The rumours about Mario Kart Wii at E3 were true. I liked the fact that they gave attention to 3rd party games.

Somone give me the nintendo Stream plase. The stupid thing stopped and I lost the link >_>
http://www.gametrailers.com/e32k7.php

This was VERY dissapointing. Nintendo didn't even show any game footage.
What?! They did from MP3, Mario and Sonic, Brawl, Mario Kart and some other games.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
You know it was better than the Microsoft Press Conference, it felt like Microsoft forgot what E3 was, and Nintendo remembered. Wii Fit wont make any gamers happy, but I was talking to my mom doing it who tries to do step arobics inside the house, and she actually seemed excited about this. She wont play games, but she could buy a Wii for it. So I guess that is what Nintendo is going for, sadly Nintendo still didnt help with the Online Problem, and didnt address the problem with Minigames satuating the market. A good conference, but like I said, anything could have beaten Microsoft's.

S.Suikun

Traditionally, after the press conferences are over, more in-depth trailers are shown at the actual event. And who knows? Maybe Nintendo will still surprise us like they did with Brawl last year (not releasing the trailer until Day 2).

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
GameTrailers has a new Mario Galaxy trailer. Looks AWSOME. Mario has a bee suit and a boo suit!

I hope it is as good as Super Mario 64.

S.Suikun

The following post has been MARIO'D!

As Fuwante stated, Galaxy has a new trailer.

Here's the link:
http://gametrailers.com/player/21554.html

And a few images:
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748588/imgs_1.html

In the vids, we see suits that give Mario special abilities, a feature long missed since the days of SMB3. The screenshots show the return of Bowser as well as an underwater stage where Mario is using a shell to escape from what looks like Torpedo Ted. Who knows what the Boo suit does? Perhaps it enables Mario to pass through walls?

Mario Kart Wii has some high-res screens and some artwork also:
http://e3nin.nintendo.com/wii_mariokart.html

A Wario-focused mine-cart stage is featured as well as Mario Circuit.

There's also a Mario Party DS that, while not shown during the press conference, has been shown on the show floor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWtHMleSJTA

There's also word about an Advance Wars DS 2, though no media on that has yet been shown.