• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Entertainment System or Super Nintendo Entertainment System?

Nintendo Entertainment System or Super Nintendo Entertainment System?

• Nintendo Entertainment System

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I know I already did a topic on which Nintendo Console is your favorite, but now between these two classic 2d consoles by Nintendo, which one do you like more? For me, it is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. They both had many great classic games, but I believe the great classic games on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System are improvements and better than the ones on the Nintendo Entertainment System. I believe the games on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System aged better then the games on the Nintendo Entertainment System, in mostly every way. This doesn't mean that I don't like the Nintendo Entertainment System and it also doesn't mean that I believe every game on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System is better than the games on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Both systems have their classics and both systems have their stinkers. Plus if it wasn't for the Nintendo Entertainment System, and saving the video game crash of 1983, we wouldn't have what I consider the best Nintendo console, The Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

So which of these systems do you like more and why?

Last edited:

ChristopherBeck

I know I already did a topic on which Nintendo Console is your favorite, but now between these two classic 2d consoles by Nintendo, which one do you like more? For me, it is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. They both had many great classic games, but I believe the great classic games on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System are improvements and better than the ones on the Nintendo Entertainment System. I believe the games on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System aged better then the games on the Nintendo Entertainment System, in mostly every way. This doesn't mean that I don't like the Nintendo Entertainment System and it also doesn't mean that I believe every game on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System is better than the games on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Both systems have their classics and both systems have their stinkers. Plus if it wasn't for the Nintendo Entertainment System, and saving the video game crash of 1983, we wouldn't have what I consider the best Nintendo console, The Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

So which of these systems do you like more and why?
The Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) both hold a special place in the hearts of gamers. The NES is often considered the console that revitalized the gaming industry after the 1983 video game crash. It introduced iconic franchises like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid, among others. The NES had simple 8-bit graphics and sound, but it was still able to produce some of the most memorable and challenging games of all time.

On the other hand, the SNES brought significant advancements in 16-bit graphics and sound, providing more immersive and refined gaming experiences. The SNES introduced classic games like Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Metroid, among others. The SNES also provided enhanced controller capabilities with more buttons, allowing for more complex gameplay mechanics.

In summary, both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses, and it ultimately comes down to personal preference. The NES is a classic console that introduced some of the most beloved franchises in gaming history, while the SNES built upon those franchises with improved graphics and sound, and introduced even more memorable games.