• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo eShop Discussion Thread

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
^what? your kidding right? well thats sucks. Ill just save the 2$ for tax -_-

edit: yes 2$ is enough for the tax too ^^ now later I can get The legend of zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2 : 6 Golden Coins, Meteriod 2 Return of Samus, Kirby's Dream Land and 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure

Last edited:

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
What is your favorite virtual console game guys? right now mine is The legend of zelda: Link's Awakening with the worst being super mario land. You dont even have save files -_-

ForeverFlame

My Virtual Console wishlist:
Gameboy:
Bomberman GB
Castlevania: The Adventure
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Castlevania Legends
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land III
Final Fantasy Adventure (aka Sword of Mana)
Final Fantasy Legend (aka SaGa)
Final Fantasy Legend II (aka SaGa 2)
Final Fantasy Legend III (aka SaGa 3)
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow (with PokéTransfer compatibility... somehow)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Wario Land II

Gameboy Color:
Azure Dreams
Bomberman Max: Blue Champion/Red Challenger
Dragon Warrior I & II (aka Dragon Quest I & II)
Dragon Warrior III (aka Dragon Quest III)
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 (aka Dragon Quest Monsters 2)
Harvest Moon GBC
Harvest Moon 2 GBC
Harvest Moon 3 GBC
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (with PokéTransfer compatibility... somehow)
Pokémon Pinball
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Pokémon Trading Card Game
Revelations: The Demon Slayer (aka Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible)
Shantae
Wario Land 3
Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories

Game Gear:
Defenders of Oasis

I wonder how many of these will actually be released between now and the end of the 3DS's lifespan.

Blazios

So, 3D Classics Kid Icarus comes out today in Europe to people who didn't participate in the promotion.

Emailing customer support about the free download code they SHOULD have sent me to play it almost a month ago...

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

I wonder how many of these will actually be released between now and the end of the 3DS's lifespan.

I can tell you right now that those two pokémon game are not going to be released on the e-shop. So you better get that idea out of your head.

Zibdas

not bad
And, to those of us in NA, we get Sakura Samurai. Looks really good. IGN even gave it a 9.

ForeverFlame

I can tell you right now that those two pokémon game are not going to be released on the e-shop. So you better get that idea out of your head.

You sound like BCVM22 when he vehemently argued that Gold/Silver wouldn't be remade.

Don't claim that something will never happen, or you'll just look dumb when it actually does. And people will be able to hold it against you four years later.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Au contraire BVCM22 would not look dumb as he brought his reasoning to the subject which is rather valid and his rasoning is sound. To say its a fact beyond a shadow of a doubt is ludicrous however.If he was wrong then he only need admit it and leave it at that.If someone decides to gloat over him being wrong then that means they have issues and always have the need to be right,which isnt important. Gen 1/2 games on virtual console however are highly unnessescary since FRLG and HGSS offer the same and much more balanced content and gameplay.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

If the NES virtual console games are going to get multiplayer "mods" why would they be unable to do so with the GameBoy games?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
You sound like BCVM22 when he vehemently argued that Gold/Silver wouldn't be remade.

Don't claim that something will never happen, or you'll just look dumb when it actually does. And people will be able to hold it against you four years later.

From what I saw, he wasn't "arguing vehemently" that there weren't going to be GS remakes, but that GS remakes were not an absolute proven guarantee like people seemed to think. He never said they would not happen (although he did say GS remakes were unlikely).

Anyway...

I doubt that the 1st/2nd gen games will be released on the eShop, because there wouldn't be a way to trade unless they modified the game's code somehow. I'm not even sure it would be possible. They'd have to remove the "link cable" references and replace them with something compatible with wireless. Same reason that I have doubts about Oracles of Ages/Seasons being released.

Last edited:

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Gameboy:
Bomberman GB
Castlevania: The Adventure
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Castlevania Legends
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land III
Final Fantasy Adventure (aka Sword of Mana)
Final Fantasy Legend (aka SaGa)
Final Fantasy Legend II (aka SaGa 2)
Final Fantasy Legend III (aka SaGa 3)
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Wario Land II

Gameboy Color:
Azure Dreams
Bomberman Max: Blue Champion/Red Challenger
Dragon Warrior I & II (aka Dragon Quest I & II)
Dragon Warrior III (aka Dragon Quest III)
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 (aka Dragon Quest Monsters 2)
Harvest Moon GBC
Harvest Moon 2 GBC
Harvest Moon 3 GBC
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Pokémon Pinball
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Pokémon Trading Card Game
Revelations: The Demon Slayer (aka Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible)
Shantae
Wario Land 3
Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories

Game Gear:
Defenders of Oasis

I'm pretty much agreeing with your whole list there! I really want at least Pokémon Crystal for the GBC! I'll be happy with that! :)

Maetch

I doubt that the 1st/2nd gen games will be released on the eShop, because there wouldn't be a way to trade unless they modified the game's code somehow. I'm not even sure it would be possible. They'd have to remove the "link cable" references and replace them with something compatible with wireless. Same reason that I have doubts about Oracles of Ages/Seasons being released.
The Zelda: Oracle games use passwords to transfer data between them, not the Link Cable. If anything, they stand a much better chance for getting a VC release than the Pokemon games.

natie

Mr. F
I doubt that the 1st/2nd gen games will be released on the eShop, because there wouldn't be a way to trade unless they modified the game's code somehow. I'm not even sure it would be possible.
It's perfectly possible, but VC releases generally are the same ROMs as they were all those years ago. If Nintendo were to modify the ROM so trading would work in a completely different way, it would no longer be a VC release.

Pokémon games are never going on the eShop, heed my words.

EDIT: VC actually, as it's perfectly possible there will be a 3DSWare Pokémon game (excluding Pokédex 3D).

In other news, development for Colors! 3D is complete, I hope Nintendo approves so it hits the eShop soon.

Last edited:

Clamps

How in god's name do you have those links.

Some people really don't like BCVM because he's right 99% of the time and he makes them look retarded. Which they probably are.

If Nintendo were to modify the ROM so trading would work in a completely different way, it would no longer be a VC release.

You mean the exact same type of modification they're doing to the NES games to give them multiplayer functions once they launch for non-ambassadors?

R_N

Some people really don't like BCVM because he's right 99% of the time and he makes them look retarded. Which they probably are.

You mean the exact same type of modification they're doing to the NES games to give them multiplayer functions once they launch for non-ambassadors?

or the nes games that got 3D makeovers, really

edit: also, the games don't need trading. They are completable as a game just fine without it. The vast majority of Pokemon are still there for you to use.

Last edited:

Clamps

Not to mention they could create a Red+Blue available for download with averaged encounter rates allowing for all pokemon to be caught in a single game. Or they could do basically the same thing, but instead of averaging the encounter rates, they could allow you to choose which version you wanted to play when starting the game, while using the same save file between them. Either of those options only leave out the other starters, Trade evolutions, other Eevee evolutions and the fossil you don't choose.

Gold and Silver would require more work due to not having some Pokemon available at all in between them though.

Last edited:
It's a simple reprogramming thing. Designing an app specifically for trading between the Red/Blue games makes it possible to have them in the 3DS shop. They could go a step further with it and allow item storage as well.