• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo eShop Discussion Thread

Zibdas

not bad
Anything worth purchasing on the Eshop besides Crashmo?

Pushmo

Four Swords, Cave Story, Shantae, Sakura Samurai, Mario Land [and 2]...

R_N

Anything worth purchasing on the Eshop besides Crashmo?

Well it depends on what you like but some of my favorites:
Dillon's Rolling Western
Pushmo (it and Crashmo are actually very different in how they play, I'd say it's worth getting both)
Sakura Samurai

Mutant Mudds has a demo and was pretty well-received. It recently got a free update, so that's nice. Wasn't my cup of tea, though.
A number of people also really enjoy Mighty Switch Force but just know that it is really really short and the final level is horrible

DSiWare-wise I highly recommend Pictobits, Shantae Risky's Revenge and Mario vs DK: Minis March Again

And there's various Game Boy games that might strike your fancy.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Pushmo

Four Swords, Cave Story, Shantae, Sakura Samurai, Mario Land [and 2]...

They put Four Swords up as a regular eShop title? Also, why are there three different versions of Cave Story available for the 3DS anyway? There's the DSi version, the retail version, and the 3DS eShop version...

Zibdas

not bad
They put Four Swords up as a regular eShop title? Also, why are there three different versions of Cave Story available for the 3DS anyway? There's the DSi version, the retail version, and the 3DS eShop version...

Oh, I forgot they took it down. My bad. And it's all different; you got Cave Story 3D, which is 3D and has some nice touches, the original Cave Story, and Cave Story+, identical to the one from Steam but with the 3D effects of a 3D Classics game.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Sent a Swapnote about the infamous Minus World glitch in Super Mario Bros. Now to translate my messy scribbles. As usual, perform the glitch and go through the wall to the warp zone. The leftmost and rightmost pipes send you to the infinite loop but the middle pipe sends you to 5-1. If you keep moving to the right, the pipes will reset and will send you to the typical worlds. Now if you have enough momentum and head down the middle pipe, the screen will scroll all the way to the right and for a quick glimpse will show the warp zone message with a 5 above the pipe you just went down.

Doubt this is new stuff but I thought I'd share. Loads of what I've bought off of the 3DS eShop has been collecting (virtual) dust. How's the Rayman Origins demo that you get from the Wii U eShop?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Same as the one available in store kiosks. Worth downloading if you haven't played it yet, though.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Same as the one available in store kiosks. Worth downloading if you haven't played it yet, though.
I meant Legends. I think I should get some shut-eye.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I tried buying Dream Radar but it says I need an SD card inserted. All I have to do is insert the SD card from a digital camera, right?

Icay4321

Sure, but it's worth the ~$10 investment to just get a 16GB SD card, because they're cheap, and you'll be set for a while.

Entreri10

Just picked up Dream Radar and Shinobi for the game gear...any thoughts on what else I should pick up?..(already have pushmo and crashmo)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Heads up. An emergency maintenance will take place next Monday.

Scheduled Maintenance

Wii U / Nintendo 3DS
Every Monday from 12PM - 4PM PST (1PM - 5PM PDT)

Wii / Nintendo DS
Every Monday from 11PM to Tuesday 3AM PST (Tuesday 12AM - 4AM PDT)

The maintenance window for the following service and title are different from the above:

Wii Shopping Channel / Nintendo DSi Shop
Every Monday from 12PM - 4PM PST (1PM - 5PM PDT)

Wii "Golden Eye 007"
Every Thursday from 2AM - 8AM PST (3AM - 9AM PDT)

Emergency Maintenance

From Monday, January 28, 2013 11:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services:
- Nintendo DS
-- Network Services
Pokémon Black Version
Pokémon White Version
Pokémon Black Version 2
Pokémon White Version 2

From Monday, January 28, 2013 5:00 PM
- Monday, January 28, 2013 6:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services:
- Wii U
Match Making, Ranking, etc.
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

From Monday, January 28, 2013 12:00 PM
- Monday, January 28, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services:
- Wii U
Nintendo eShop
- Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo eShop
- Wii
Wii Shopping Channel
-Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi Shop

*During the emergency maintenance, parts of the affected services
may be intermittently unavailable.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I really hope they improve the 3DS VC! I would love to have GBA games on the 3DS as well as being able to enjoy some fun SNES games or MAYBE even N64 on the go!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How much is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game going to cost in the e-shop?

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons are both coming to the 3DS eShop :) I can finally try those games out after hearing so much about them!

Recon

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons are both coming to the 3DS eShop :) I can finally try those games out after hearing so much about them!

I know this was announced for Japan, but when was it announced for the NA?

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
^IIRC It was announced for the West through the Legend of Zelda Miiverse community on Wii U.

Zazie

So 1991
So I haven't been paying much attention to the Wii VC as of late. Mostly because releases seemed to slow down drastically around 2010.

But apparently games are still being released for it. SNK has been releasing new VC on a semi-regular basis since 2012 with the latest release being a little over a week ago. Some other publishers like Sega have also been still releasing stuff. Even more surprising is that the 40MB limit has been thrown out the window and we are getting games like ****ing Last Blade 2.*

So what's the deal with the Virtual Console right now anyway? There's going to probably be some shift over to the WiiU soon, but all I know about that is how they are going to handle games you already own, no hints about new releases. (other than GBA games being available) I don't even have the slightest idea about 3DS VC as it seems to be a mish mash of GB games, NES and Game Gear games. I am kind of hoping for more systems to be supported.

*Yeah, someone here, probably Grumpy Old Man (or possibly BCVM22) said that game wasn't going to get a release. Well it did and I am pretty hyped.