• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo eShop Discussion Thread

hawkmbl

Curious
I honestly can't believe that they think that the THE END screen not allowing you to go back to the main menu from the game itself is a glitch... And that y can't metroid crawl comment made me laugh. Even when I grew up with the GBA version, I still easily got out of the forest of illusion no problem. And even though I just was introduced to the metroid series in september 2011 (Ambassador program), I knew how to turn into a morph ball as soon as I got it... I don't even think these are real fans of the game.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Am I seriously the only one who doesn't find any of this funny?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I don't even think these are real fans of the game.

If you go through the Internet assuming that everyone has some identical minimum form of gaming knowledge or experience, you're going to have a bad time.

People play games they've never played before, especially if they're cheap. Not everyone goes on Gamefaqs to do extensive research. They're not real fans, no, they're people who wanted a new experience and were confused by it.

I make no comment or interpretation concerning said confusion.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Somebody needs to make a signature with the "Metroid."

What do you mean?

I don't need the lyrics to the fifth verse of "Au Contraire" anyway

Either you feel sympathy for them, you actually went through meaningful frustration, or you are one of those people hard to make laugh.

Maybe not so much hard to laugh as it is hard to laugh at innocent ignorance.

At least, I don't see comedic value in it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Am I seriously the only one who doesn't find any of this funny?

Probably because you couldn't make metroid crawl on your first run. It's no wonder these guys suck since most games in gen play like this

[img139]http://i.minus.com/ijX3EzSIF4ARe.gif[/img139]

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Probably because you couldn't make metroid crawl on your first run. It's no wonder these guys suck since most games in gen play like this
No, I figured out the controls easily because unlike most people, I read the manual. As for today's games, they have decreased in difficulty compared to older games but that doesn't mean they can't be challenging and having a grand experience is what matters most.

On topic of difficulty, Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts...

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
oh, so NOW they put pushmo and art of balance on sale. :p

and yes, get pushmo, its awesome.
Awesome! A pushmo sale :O
I am planning to pre-order Pokemon Y and Smash Bros 3D, and I must NOT Miss DKCR again! Luckily it will always be on the eShop.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...

*Double Facepalm*

At least Mega Man is out right now while Mega Man X is coming out this week. I'm just hoping that "AT LEAST" that these two games would teaching a thing about old-school gaming by teaching the player through it's level design by showing and then applying what was learned in the field. The Originals were the masters of doing so.

If you don't understand what I mean by that, Just look up and watch Sequelitis Mega Man Classic VS Mega Man X. It'll explain why.

R_N

*Double Facepalm*

At least Mega Man is out right now while Mega Man X is coming out this week. I'm just hoping that "AT LEAST" that these two games would teaching a thing about old-school gaming by teaching the player through it's level design by showing and then applying what was learned in the field. The Originals were the masters of doing so.

If you don't understand what I mean by that, Just look up and watch Sequelitis Mega Man Classic VS Mega Man X. It'll explain why.

I expect dozens of parody posts akin to "how can Megaman shoot"
but I'm sure there will be at least one legitimate post getting stuck in the intro level where you have to wall jump

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I expect dozens of parody posts akin to "how can Megaman shoot"

Also, The whole "RIDIN' ON CARS thing would also be on the same boat since it'll be done just for the fun of it. I should know since I plan on doing it once I start playing coming Thursday.

but I'm sure there will be at least one legitimate post getting stuck in the intro level where you have to wall jump

Sadly, There will probably be about dozens of them. That along with the other power-ups such as the Dash Boots and the Helmet would be brought up more often too. Though the only one of the power ups that I could see that won't be dumb is the Hadoken move. It was the only power up from the game I remember that was actually kinda a challenge to get.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I honestly don't understand how people are upset about "today's generation" not being able to grasp Super Metroid.

Back in the day, you either waited for next month's Nintendo Power so you knew what the hell to do next, or you begged your mom to bring you to Blockbuster so you could sneak a peek at the strategy guide because she sure as hell wasn't going to let you buy "the book" for a game you don't even own.

Myrrh

Isn't it really simple to roll in Metroid? Is there no manual for these games on the Wii U Virtual Console? It seems as though the people being laughed at put little effort in trying to advance past trouble areas in these games. Not sitting there trying out button combinations to see what else the character can do, not trying anything different in the level. I myself didn't do anything listed above and more, I just tried till I got it. These people (the people most of us are laughing at, not "today's generation") do not seem to be trying much at all. I think this is part of why this all seems so laughable.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
You have to get the morph ball in order to be able to roll. They're going to the exit and just ignoring the path to the morph ball.

That's the problem.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Thread bump? It's still on the first (and only) page. Close this if you must then, my greatest apologies for reviving this old thread.

New Super Luigi U, downloaded it and so far money well spent. The levels are challenging but are quite short. It's like, like a drinking game. Every level's a shot but instead of getting drunk, you become engulfed in acrimony.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Thread bump? It's still on the first (and only) page. Close this if you must then, my greatest apologies for reviving this old thread.

New Super Luigi U, downloaded it and so far money well spent. The levels are challenging but are quite short. It's like, like a drinking game. Every levels a shot and instead of getting drunk, you become engulfed in acrimony.

That is the most eloquent analogy I've heard in quite some time.

Nevertheless I don't really feel any desire to get NSLU.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I actually am enjoying NSLU a lot. The levels are definitly more for advanced players. I find myself going back through many levels to pick up that last star coin often. The hidden Luigis are also pretty funny. My only complaint is that the levels are too short. I know, it's DLC, but I got the game yesterday and I'm already on World 3. Just a little more to each (or some) level(s) would've been better.