• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo game series you want to see have online functionality for the Nintendo Switch in the future

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
As the title says. Are there any Nintendo games you want to see have online functionality for the Nintendo Switch in the future! I'll name four that have come to mind.

Pikmin 3's RTS multiplayer is some of the most fun strategic multiplayer out there and would work great in a 2 to 4 online multipalyer environment.

F-Zero! This is a game I've always wanted to see have online multiplayer. It's already hard to focus with all the chaos going in alone, I've always wondered how it would be like with multiple people.

Kid Icarus's multiplayer is one of the BEST online multiplayer experiences of the Nintendo 3DS and I think it would be the next PERFECT shooter after Metroid Prime 4. The multiplayer is crazy fun and extremely fast-paced even with the somewhat tough control scheme. It's one of those games where you can bring a sword into a gun fight lol.

Metroid Prime 4 having online multiplayer! So I don't know about you but it would be a huge missed opportunity for not to have the multiplayer of Metroid Prime Hunters make a return. From the sound of the interviews of having a more tighter story between Samus and Sylux, it makes me wonder if we'll see other action-packed characters too like Hunters and by extension, characters for a possible online multiplayer component. One of my favorite things about Metroid Prime Hunters was seeing the different forms of weapons and alt-forms you get from different hunters who had all sorts of interesting backgrounds perfect for a Star Trek TV series. One of my favorites is a Bounty Hunter called Weavile, a Cyborg Space Pirate who has a machine gun-like weapon but that's not the coolest part. The coolest part is his alt form, where instead of a morph ball he literally splits his body into half, his torso forming a turret and his legs forming into a walker robot. I thought that was so cool.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I feel like Metroid would lose the horror element of being isolated if multiplayer is added, but as long as it's a side thing and doesn't affect the rest of the game I don't mind if they add it.

Possibly fire emblem...? I think that'd be interesting. Multiplayer-specific battles and the ability to interact with your friends characters would be cool.

I'd like Advance Wars to come back as like Switch Wars or something too. Multiplayer in those games were fun.

shoz999

I feel like Metroid would lose the horror element of being isolated if multiplayer is added, but as long as it's a side thing and doesn't affect the rest of the game I don't mind if they add it.

Possibly fire emblem...? I think that'd be interesting. Multiplayer-specific battles and the ability to interact with your friends characters would be cool.

I'd like Advance Wars to come back as like Switch Wars or something too. Multiplayer in those games were fun.
Fire Emblem would be fairly hard to do online multiplayer simply because of the RPG mechanics, the leveling up features of the single player story. Shadow Dragon had some but it was very limited. I suppose they could feature a customizable load-out with some kind of point system where you can level up your characters to a certain limit with the limited points you have. As for Advance Wars. Honestly that series is becoming more and more unlikely to see a revival due to simply Fire Emblem not only gaining more popularity but actually taking more of Advance Wars mechanics just recently. Three Houses feature where there are multiple units per tile, that's a feature from Advance Wars. Not to mention Fire Emblem was the series that saved Intelligent Systems creativity to an extant with Fire Emblem Awakening. Although with all these new obstacles Advance Wars face, it does make you wonder what an HD Advance Wars could look like. I'd imagine IS would try to distance the series from Fire Emblem's Advance War-inspired features by going into a slightly different direction.

shoz999

MARIO STRIKES 3! THAT HAS TO HAPPEN! Nintendo would be crazy not to do that, especially for online.