• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo GameCube Opinoins

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
NINTENDO'S BEST CONSLE! In my opinion.Manly because it was the first system I ever owned. So I just deiced to do this because it has alot of great games and I think it's just plain cool. You can also post games too. I mean there where awesome games for it (from Super Mario Sunshine to about anyone).

So you can just post your opinions..........

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
To be honest, the GameCube doesn't hold that great today (And yeas I know it's about 10 years old).

I mean, the Wii can do everything it can do, but better, even play GameCube games!

My favourite console is either the GBA SP (First console) or 3DS XL (Best games ATM)!

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I mean, the Wii can do everything it can do, but better, even play GameCube games!

That isn't true at all, the Wii can't play GBA games as it can't connect with the GBA player, plus not all Wii can play Game Cube games.

Furthermore the Wii has a higher ratio of shovelwares game than the GameCube did.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Furthermore the Wii has a higher ratio of shovelwares game than the GameCube did.
Can't judge a game system based on shovelware. It's like basing the N64 off of Superman 64.

I liked that the Gamecube encouraged a lot of GCN-GBA connectivity, something I thought the Wii and DS didn't have much off. There's always Smash Bros. 4 for that Wii U though.

Ampy

Light The Stars
The GameCube could have been a really great system if it wasn't for lackluster third party support imo, most of the first party games were top-notch though.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
the gamecube was an underrated console. a lot of poeple hated it solely because it didnt have "mature" games like gta and halo, so this, at least IMO, is where the whole "nintendo is kiddy" crap started, and continues today. it had plenty of great games, but no one cared. :(

arronishere

Random Trainer
The Gamecube was a great console but it missed out on so many of the big titles of it's generation with 1st party AAA titles like Super Mario Sunshine (one of the weakest if not the weakest of the 3D Mario games) and Zelda Wind Waker (diverse art style and boring sail & fetch quests) getting mixed receptions that I don't rank it as top console. It did have some classics like Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7 and Pikmin though.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Zelda Wind Waker (diverse art style and boring sail & fetch quests).
NB4JB.

It was a great console that did the best of all Nintendo consoles in linking up, something I thought the Wii/DS was a bit weak on. Heck, I still have one plugged in at my master game station.

Torpoleon

it had plenty of great games, but no one cared. :(
Which looks to be the case with the Wii U as well, unfortunately. You'd think that the 30 million people who bought MK Wii, the 80 million with Wii Sports, the 27 million with NSMBWii and the 20 million with Wii Fit would be on board with the Wii U because it has new games from those series (well, we still have to wait until Spring for MK8, but it has the others). If only it was called Wii 2 instead of Wii U.

But anyways about the GameCube, I loved it. It was my first video game console and might have been my first system ever (not sure I got a GBA before this or not). I do understand why the GameCube might not have been so popular. You'd expect Mario & Zelda to be among the best games on the system and even though WW is my favorite GCN game and Sunshine is somewhat up there, they just weren't so popular at the time because they were so much different.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
I remember having a gamecube as my first ever console system. The thing was great in my opinion. Had lots of secrets (even in just the system itself) and a great game selection. I STILL use that thing to play melee even now. Best thing about it was that it was indestructible. I've gone through 2 wiis, countless DS's, and still have my first gamecube in perfect condition. Heck, the thing has a handle on it, it's meant to be hit against stuff.