• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Games 2014 Predictions/Dreams!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Here is where you can discuss what Games you will hope to see made/announced in 2014, however [un]realistic they may be!

My personal wants are:
-Golden Sun 4
-Super Mario Galaxy 3
-New IP
-Starfox U
-Metroid U/Metroid Prime 4
-Hoenn Remakes
-GBA and GameCube games on the eShop
-Pokémon Coliseum 2 for Wii U
-X
-Yarn Yoshi
-Kirby Air Ride 2

PS Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this, please close it at will!

Discuss!

Edits in Bold

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
inb4 PulsemanxMegaman crossover with StarfyxKirby crossover shortly after it.

Though seriously, I would like to see another non-Pokémon game from GameFreak(which seeing their release schedule for Harmokinght and Soliti Horse that doesn't seem too unlikely) and the GBA/N64/GC games to be released on Wii U Virtual Console, mostly because I expect /vp/'s(and other Pokémon websites') reactions will be highly amusing. It would be nice for that Pokkén Fighters to lead us somewhere as well. The Trozei 2 also seems like it might be this year.

From the non-GF/Pokémon sphere of things, it would be interesting to another old IP to make a comeback, even if it turns out to be something like the Baloon Fighter(without Tingle, that is). Or that one series people seem to want.

I suppose a new IP would be swell for Wii U too, not that it will matter because lolSakurai.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Here is where you can discuss what Games you will hope to see made/announced in 2014, however [un]realistic they may be!

My personal wants are:
-Golden Sun 4
-Super Mario Galaxy 3
-New IP
-Starfox U
-Metroid U/Metroid Prime 4
-Hoenn Remakes
-GBA and GameCube games on the eShop

PS Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this, please close it at will!

Discuss!

Basically Golden Sun 4 and Hoenn remakes/sequels, for me.
And Minish Cap and GBA Pokemon games on the 3DS eShop.

That's probably all, since Dark Souls II and Smash are also coming out this year.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Something Hoenn related either remakes or R/S 2.

Would love a Megaman game too.

Oh THWEY 2 would be so amazing

Really I don't get why Nintendo and Capcom can't jsut work a deal and have Megaman games be made by Ninty. It is not like Cpacom is doing anything with the Megaman series. Starforce 3 was like the last Megaman game and that was 6 yrs ago. Compared to when we got at least one new Megaman game a year 6 yrs without one feels really ugh...

Torpoleon

Definitely want RS Remakes/Sequels to be announced this year, though I wouldn't mind if we got them Early 2015 instead of 2014. Usually after the first games of a Pokémon generation, there is a little break and I wouldn't mind one here. There's been a new Pokémon game every year in the US since Platinum. In my opinion, they usually get better and better despite this, but still. Just a few months after XY's 1 year anniversary would be nice (besides Smash Bros. will probably be out late this year).

That's basically what I think they should do with Zelda Wii U. We just got a remake and new game at the end of 2013 and like I said, Smash Bros. will probably be out late 2014, so having Zelda early next year guarantees something big for Wii U early that year.

Would also at least like announcements for GBA/N64/GCN games on Wii U VC (and GBA games on 3DS).

Some more Wii U games announced for 2014 into early 2015 as well (and some for 3DS, though in my opinion, not as much), like Mario Baseball, Paper Mario, maybe Mario Party for next year, etc.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Is it too early for Hoenn remakes/2 to be revealed? XY came out in October yet that is about 4 months back and in video game eyes that is pretty old right? I mean if Hoenn was revealed in Q1 it would likely come out in Q4 at best which would be a year since XY so a reveal within the next month or so is not too crazy I hope. Heck I'd expect something before a Zelda U trailer. What makes me wonder is the fact in XY the games drop hints yet at the same time kinda driver hope away like where the guy was talking about a faculty that is huge that we will see in a due time making people think it was a hint to the BF in Hoenn only for him to say it is n't in any past region. I know a lot of johto hints were dropped in DP and we got HG/SS so idk but hope Hoenn is a thing this year since I'd love to see Hoenn in Gen 6 style and Hoenn was the first Pokemon game I really got into.

Aurath8

Is it too early for Hoenn remakes/2 to be revealed? XY came out in October yet that is about 4 months back and in video game eyes that is pretty old right? I mean if Hoenn was revealed in Q1 it would likely come out in Q4 at best which would be a year since XY so a reveal within the next month or so is not too crazy I hope. Heck I'd expect something before a Zelda U trailer. What makes me wonder is the fact in XY the games drop hints yet at the same time kinda driver hope away like where the guy was talking about a faculty that is huge that we will see in a due time making people think it was a hint to the BF in Hoenn only for him to say it is n't in any past region. I know a lot of johto hints were dropped in DP and we got HG/SS so idk but hope Hoenn is a thing this year since I'd love to see Hoenn in Gen 6 style and Hoenn was the first Pokemon game I really got into.

It's too early for Hoenn. Typically after the first pair of games in a generation, there is a 2 year gap before any other main series game is released. I wouldn't expect anything out of pokemon until 2015.

I'd like the official announcement of Zelda Wii U. We still know nothing, except it'll be shown at E3.
I'd like Smash Bros. Wii U to be released this year as well. There may still be delays towards the end of development that push it to 2015, but Sakurai has stated he'll try to have it out this year.
Another Fire Emblem. Remember the original was released in 2012 in Japan and they already have tonnes of resources from Awakening that they can use. Perhaps a prequel to Awakening?

Lastly, I'd like the return of one of the more 'forsaken' series. You know the ones: Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox, heck even Kid Icarus at least deserves another game.

Grey Wind

I'd like the official announcement of Zelda Wii U. We still know nothing, except it'll be shown at E3.
This is what I really hope to see. I'm dying to see what art style it's going to have.

I'm also kind of hoping we get a new Galaxy/Sushine-like Mario Game announced. I enjoyed 3D World, but I want them to return to that style of game, I like it a lot better.

jokelly1

I would like an app like game that can transfer pokemon from previous generations to X/Y. Think they could do something like that in 2014?

Barrysun

for me.
4th Skylanders game
a Pokémon stadium/coliseum like game for the Wii U (maybe with video maker to post your matches on Youtube)
Majora's Mask or 3DS
I'm actually looking forward to Hyrule warriors, looks fun
Animal crossing Wii U
Smash bros Wii U
gamecube and GBA on Wii u virtual console

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I would like an app like game that can transfer pokemon from previous generations to X/Y. Think they could do something like that in 2014?

Pokemon Bank is just that isn't it?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Ruby/Sapphire remakes and Metroid Prime 4 please.

KillerDraco

Unpopular opinion: I honestly hope they don't remake RSE. There's no need.

Golden Sun 4, given Dark Dawn was a crappy game that seemed to just say "HEY THERE'S ANOTHER GAME COMING" but we're still here waiting for it (and hoping it'll redeem the series).

More info on Zelda U. Yes, we know it will exist at some point, but we've barely seen or heard anything. I'd settle for at least a Nintendo Direct mention in the near future.

Would be nice to see a new Starfox game. Preferably more along the lines of 64, since honestly I feel like they've yet to top that game.

And of course, looking forward to Monolith Soft's "X". I have a mighty need.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Unpopular opinion: I honestly hope they don't remake RSE. There's no need.

Eh, but then there was also no need for HG/SS either. Sure, there's even less need for an R/S remake, and I'd much rather see a new Pokemon game come first, but an R/S remake (or preferably a sequel in Hoenn) is something I'd like to see somewhere down the line. Here in 2014? Probably not, but sometime in my life is good enough for me.

I'd also like to see Golden Sun, but that should be obvious. Dark Dawn's music and graphics are top notch for what the DS managed to put out, so I'd love to see the next one come along this year, given that the game practically told us we'd get another. Also, I want a "hard" mode like TLA had, even if it wasn't so much hard as it was fun. I can live without a challenging Pokemon game, but I'd love to see Golden Sun stray away from Dark Dawn's simplistic difficulty.

I don't see us getting a new Fire Emblem, unless we get that FE x SMT game coming out this year. Still, we know so little about anything there that I doubt we'll see any FE related game this year. I mean, I could see them put out another FE at the end of the year, but I don't really expect anything, except for maybe news about that crossover or even a new game completely.

Though it's not exactly Nintendo, I do miss GBA/DS style MegaMan games. It's been years since we've gotten a MegaMan game, but given what Capcom has done with him, a new game isn't exactly likely at this point. Still, I actually enjoyed the Battle Network and Starforce games, so something along those lines would definitely end up on my "To Buy" list if it would ever happen. I'd rather see Golden Sun though.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Though it's not exactly Nintendo, I do miss GBA/DS style MegaMan games. It's been years since we've gotten a MegaMan game, but given what Capcom has done with him, a new game isn't exactly likely at this point. Still, I actually enjoyed the Battle Network and Starforce games, so something along those lines would definitely end up on my "To Buy" list if it would ever happen. I'd rather see Golden Sun though.

Same I wish Ninty could make Megaman games since Capcom is not doing a thing with it. Capcom could still get money for the games too. Best of both worlds

NanoZero

Ice Trainer
I would love to see some good Virtual Console games come out (for both 3DS and WiiU.) GBC Harvest Moon tho.

Hopefully we'll get to hear about more Zelda projects, since Hyrule Warriors has nothing to do with the timelines. Oh, and a Majora's Mask remake.

Also, MS's "X". I'm diggin it.