• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo in a Lawsuit. Again.

http://www.gamecyte.com/nintendo-slapped-with-strap-lawsuit-once-again
http://kotaku.com/5108362/nintendo-faces-new-remote-strap-lawsuit

Two years after the initial Wii remote wrist strap lawsuit came and went, a new lawsuit claims that not only are straps still inadequate, but that Nintendo failed to report continued failures.

The new class-action lawsuit filed by Colorado resident Molly Elvig claims that both the initial, thicker replacement strap and the third version with the plastic clasp still fail to secure the Wii remote to the user during strenuous use. Furthermore, the suit alleges that Nintendo has failed to report a single remote strap issue to the Consumer Product Safety Commission in their monthly reports, despite Nintendo support documents that prove the existence of said issues.

GameCyte has the court filing available in PDF format, along with a rather large batch of the presented evidence, ranging from the original Wii Sports instruction manual recommending the forceful use of the controller to Nintendo customer service documents detailing wriststrap issues that occurred, along with the corresponding reports to the CPSC claiming that no new incidents have arisen.

Nintendo just has it in for themselves, these days. Even after the Wii Remotes went through several makeovers, people still complain that they fail to protect their precious TVs. My favorite part is one that involves the old Wii Sports instruction guide as evidence against Nintendo, as well as how Nintendo even has the paperwork that says they have had issues, even though the ones against Nintendo say they haven't filed reports for these issues.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
http://www.gamecyte.com/nintendo-slapped-with-strap-lawsuit-once-again
http://kotaku.com/5108362/nintendo-faces-new-remote-strap-lawsuit

Nintendo just has it in for themselves, these days. Even after the Wii Remotes went through several makeovers, people still complain that they fail to protect their precious TVs. My favorite part is one that involves the old Wii Sports instruction guide as evidence against Nintendo, as well as how Nintendo even has the paperwork that says they have had issues, even though the ones against Nintendo say they haven't filed reports for these issues.

>.> By forceful, it means more then slight movements.

They can't spin your wii mote around your head, the sue when it falls off. Don't they know the laws of gravity?

HERLS

LOLOLOL
You can't sue over stupidity, surely?

There comes a point when a wrist strap is thick enough that if someone still hurts themselves/their electronics with it then they're just plain retarded.

Do these people lube their hands up before playing or something?

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
They can't spin your wii mote around your head, the sue when it falls off. Don't they know the laws of gravity?

No, because nowadays the only laws people seem to notice are the laws of patenting and lawsuits.

Hell, I don't even use the freaking strap, (it gets in my way, in a sense) and I never dropped or accidentally threw the remote. People must have butterfingers.

I'm pretty dang sure she heard how easy it is to sue Nintendo now, so she intentionally broke it and claimed it was accidental. Either that or, as said, she has butterfingers.

Please excuse me while I go accidentally-on-purpose break a PS/2/3 controller and make a quick buck from Sony by complaining about how their controllers aren't secure enough.

Those who know me well enough know that the last statement was sarcastic.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Wow. Just... wow...

This stupid lady either has fat wrists or has hyper as hell kids that wear out the wrist straps like it was some old tennis shoes.

I still have the older straps and they haven't breaked after a year and a half of use.

Kazuki Mirai

Oh come on. That is so messed up.

Suing for patents and now over a frickin' wrist strap? Fail.

What has the world gotten to?

It isn't Nintendo's fault at all for this lawsuit.

It's idiots out there who feel the need to swing their Wii Remotes as though they were beating on a mass murderer with sweaty hands (they're swinging too fast with no grip at all).
This is just like when some lady sued McDonald's when she was the dumb*** that spilled it on herself.
This world is full of stupid people, and they need to die.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Some people are plain stupid.

^^ Agreed.

I can be stupid some times but I don't go
around suing major gaming companies over stupid crap
like a strap breaking and etc.

What does she want Nintendo to do about it???
Make wriststraps that tape to your arms?

These kinds of people should get a life instead of sue over how they got so angry that they threw their wii-mote.

Cyan

Mortal
Everything Nintendo makes just has to be found and sued over by stupid people.

Dattebayo

Banned
I don't blame Nintendo for this, I blame the owners of the broken Wii remotes who couldn't take care of them properly. I own a Wii remote with the old strap, and I haven't broken my TV at all. It goes to show that people these days can't take care of their items properly.

Just stop throwing the damn wiimotes >.<
I've never dropped mine, and I hardly ever use wrist straps.
Why must these pansies scrounge around for lawsuits to make money? Just get a job :/

Silverwing

Sea Ruby Trainer
This lady is a moron. But it isn't all her fault. There have been plenty of stupid court cases in America. There have been some where a burglar breaks into a house and injures himself, and then sues the house's insurance company. Or, even better, a person preforms CPR on someone, saving their life, but at the cost of breaking a rib. The person then sues for their broken rib. This lady probably just felt left out, and wanted to get in on some of those stupid moronic sueing cases.

What does she want Nintendo to do about it???
Make wriststraps that tape to your arms?

Actually, fhq and I had agreed on Wii Remotes that are welded to ones arms as being the only real solution for Nintendo. Which is probably true. So long as the Wii Remotes are free-hanging, people will complain that theirs broke their TV during a session of Wii Music, or that they whacked their friend in an unpleasant area while practicing their tennis stroke on Wii Sports.

I'm mainly glad that the Wii Zapper and Balance Board have stayed far from these law suits. That would be just below idiotic. >.<

mrhiyuck

curious
I'm mainly glad that the Wii Zapper and Balance Board have stayed far from these law suits. That would be just below idiotic. >.<
Well you made it happen just now.

Hmm... it's stupid, but I'm sure Nintendo is not hurting right now.

Chris

Old Coot
Attention people: You are not Link. You are not Simon Belmont. Stop swinging your Wii remotes as hard as you can.

Here's another one.

Protip: Cleaning and then drying your hands results in a better grip on the remote.

In other words, stop ****ing eating greasy foods and then handling your hardware. It's disgusting and it'll obviously make a controller fly out of your hands if you start swinging it around, thinking you're Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur, while having dirty, greasy hands.

Read the instruction manual. It clearly says to use gentle swinging motions.

Regiman

i herd u leik meh.
For the love of god, this ***** is trying to get a quick buck out of Nintendo by accidently on purpose breaking the strap? Now escuse me, I need to stick a plugged in DS charger in my mouth so I can sue Nintendo.