• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo is obsessed!

• Thread starter ~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

This is getting very strange!
Most of us know about rude catchphrases in pokemon on gameboys such as;
"PUSH IT! DON'T STOP!" and
"DROPPED MY BALLS"
But yesterday I was searching for 'Nintendo DS' in google and an official Nintendo DS site came up and it said, 'Touching is good.'
Nintendo's official seal was there too.

Solid Kirby

Back, I guess.
~*Topaz Charizard*~ said:
This is getting very strange!
Most of us know about rude catchphrases in pokemon on gameboys such as;
"PUSH IT! DON'T STOP!" and
"DROPPED MY BALLS"
But yesterday I was searching for 'Nintendo DS' in google and an official Nintendo DS site came up and it said, 'Touching is good.'
Hi Patrick! Spongebob Missed you for the time you were under that rock! =)

This is OLD news, dude.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Not to mention, on Pokemon RSE one of the fishermen, on the island you face Brawly, is afraid of hooking something while in the bathroom. That can be taken the wrong way if you know a certain other meaning for hooking.

One of the fishermen on the cycling road says: "You just have to concentrate on the floater."

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

Cheebee-I'm a girl-Don't call me 'dude'
AND DON'T call me Patric!

Solid Kirby

Back, I guess.
~*Topaz Charizard*~ said:
Cheebee-I'm a girl-Don't call me 'dude'
AND DON'T call me Patric!
Dude is a Unisex Term, or so It's become during the last Ten years. o_O

And the Patrick thing was teasing you about how you JUST noticed somthing that's been around for a year.

Seesh, People can't take sarcasm anymore. T_T

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Cheebee said:
Seesh, People can't take sarcasm anymore. T_T

Didn't know people on these forums ever could.

Anyway, if you think the slogan is bad, then that's just pathetic. Seriously. I mean, some of the actual advertisements have been more suggestive. Besides, it's smart of Nintendo to also appeal to the sexual side of people with that slogan. After all, it is dominant in teenage boys (who make up a huge part of Nintendo's demographic)...

Cap D. Blue

ボルトチェンジ
At least it's better than the other slogans they had...

"DS: Buy it, or we break your thumbs."
"Admit it...you could marry one if you could."
"Gotta touch 'em all!"
"Now setting off metal detectors in airports everywhere."

E

Euphoria

Sex sells, there's not much more to it. Like Kinopio said, teenage boys are probably the most likely to but a handheld or console system at this moment, and we all know how guys are at that age ^_^

M

MiloticMistress

Even worse in Pokémon R/S:
___ put the POKéBALL in the BALLS POCKET.

Now, some girls do play these games (including me) so I think it's getting a bit stupid. Kids play these games for heaven's sake.

E

Euphoria

MiloticMistress said:
Even worse in Pokémon R/S:
___ put the POKéBALL in the BALLS POCKET.

Now, some girls do play these games (including me) so I think it's getting a bit stupid. Kids play these games for heaven's sake.

Honestly! 'Balls Pocket" means /POKE/balls Pocket.They weren't intending for it to be rude. They just put 'Balls Pocket' as a short form..
Hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MiloticMistress

Well why did they fix it in FR/LG and Emerald then?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
kids who get this that associate such terms with that usually just say "eh heh he said balls eh heh" or most boys at least.

grounder

*sneezes*
Urgh.
If people are thinking that Nintendo was appealing to the sexual side of teenagers by saying "Touching is good" as their slogan, then this truly is a sad world.

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
I find it sad whenever you say something having to do with balls (in the original intended meaning) some immature person starts giggling and going "hehe, balls".
But about "kids play these games!" It's like Wallace and Gromit being rated G. It's only "harmful" if you know what it means.

PhQnix

Think Different
MiloticMstress said:
Well why did they fix it in FR/LG and Emerald then?

Because stupid people thought it was rude.

Nintendo is not appealing to peoples sexual side, this is like the origanal GBA SP motto, "The Second Best Thing You Can Do In The Dark", the motto is supposed to be funny. Whether it's funny or not can be debated.

Eternal Eievui

Euphoria said:
Sex sells, there's not much more to it. Like Kinopio said, teenage boys are probably the most likely to but a handheld or console system at this moment, and we all know how guys are at that age ^_^

*Cough*. No, I don't know. HOW are we at that age? <_<;;;

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
H

Hukuzo

Yeah, Nintendo's DS slogan has always been "Touching is good".
I will NEVER forget about the "Oops, dropped my balls" phrase, it's priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.