• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Land

Which Nintendo Land game are you looking forward to the most?

• Donkey Kongs's Crash Course

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The Legend Of Zelda Battle Quest

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Luigi's Ghost Mansion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Chase

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Metroid Blast

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Pikmin Adventure

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

SirBlazikeen

As the Wii U is nearing release I have been getting more excited about the Wii U's equivalent to Wii Sports... Nintendo Land! I am particularly looking forward to the 'Legend Of Zelda Battle Quest' game as Zelda happens to be my favourite game series :) It would be interesting to hear which game you are looking forward to the most?

Torpoleon

I don't have a Wii U yet, but I'm looking forward to Mario Chase the most. It looks like a fun game of tag and I'll have a good time playing it with family & friends. Honestly, I can't wait to play all the attractions Nintendo Land has to offer (specifically the multiplayer ones, though I'm sure I'll enjoy the single player ones as well).

Nanami

Banned
I like it. I find it more fun then wii sports tbh

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Metroid Blast looks kind of neat, but aside from that the game doesn't seem too interesting. The only reason I'll be getting it is because I'm getting if for free with the Deluxe bundle.

Flame Mistress

No Pokémon = I'm not interested.

To be honest, none of the minigames really grab my attention, and since I don't have many family members and friends to play with, Nintendo Land will be pretty useless for me.

R_N

This is surprisingly more fun than I thought it'd be, though I need to get a pal to try out the multiplayer games

Kinda curious about all the prizes

Ace of Shades

I really love this game, with the zelda, pikmin, and metroid attractions being the best.

I really hope we get some DLC attractions for series like Kirby, Kid Icarus, Earthbound/Mother, Golden Sun, Star Fox, Pokemon, and maybe some others

BCVM22

I really hope we get some DLC attractions for series like Kirby, Kid Icarus, Earthbound/Mother, Golden Sun, Star Fox, Pokemon, and maybe some others

Unlikely. If they were going to add stuff like that as DLC, they would have made it public by now and used it as a selling point.

Considerably more likely is a sequel incorporating new attractions, the sort of thing they can charge full price for.

woot21

super noob
Unlikely. If they were going to add stuff like that as DLC, they would have made it public by now and used it as a selling point.

Considerably more likely is a sequel incorporating new attractions, the sort of thing they can charge full price for.
To build upon this, they also listed the only use of the Nintendo Network to be the Miiverse on the game box itself.

woot21 out dawgs

Poetry

Dancing Mad
It looks good from the gameplay I've seen but contrary to their description that it includes "Ninitendo's biggest franchises", they've left out Pokemon.

Yes, it's a different situation because technically Game Freak own the rights to it and not Nintendo, but it still feels a little empty.

BCVM22

I think the list of notable omitted franchises makes it clear that the intentions of the game didn't strictly include representing everything in the stable.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
What other 'notable omitted franchises' are there, just out of curiosity?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I think the list of notable omitted franchises makes it clear that the intentions of the game didn't strictly include representing everything in the stable.
Precisely. This game is simply there to show off the basics of the game pad while advertising Nintendo's first party titles. I guess F-Zero gets some questioning in that case. The need for a variety of franchises and a fast paced game?

Anyways, this collection of minigames doesn't satisfy me and I only got it because I bought the pro bundle. Sadly "Not for Resale" is on the back of the case in bold letters. At least my little brother enjoys it.

BCVM22

What other 'notable omitted franchises' are there, just out of curiosity?

Kirby, Star Fox. Maybe Fire Emblem?

Precisely. This game is simply there to show off the basics of the game pad while advertising Nintendo's first party titles.

The ownership distinction has nothing to do with it. For all intents and purposes, Pokémon is a franchise in Nintendo's stable, even if, yes, it doesn't belong to them wholesale as their other staples do. It simply clearly didn't fit into this particular game, is all.

I guess F-Zero gets some questioning in that case.

There's nothing about F-Zero that makes it anything less than 100% Nintendo-owned.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Kirby, Star Fox. Maybe Fire Emblem?

I see. Well seeing as some of the very lesser-known titles have been represented in the game such as Game and Watch Octopus and Nazo no Murasame Jō (in the ninja castle shuriken throwing game), I wonder if Nintendo came up with the gameplay concepts of the attractions first and then selected franchises which would have best fitted them or just selected franchises and then developed gameplay around them. Most probably the former, I can't see why on earth Nintendo would leave out the likes of Pokemon or Kirby otherwise.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I'm actually enjoying this game a lot, and I'm trying to get all the Platinum Trophies before Christmas. I have 5 Platinum trophies but I'm stuck on getting the Platinum Trophy on Yoshi's Fruit Cart. I just reached Gate 47 a few minutes ago but ran out of fuel for my cart, getting a game over with some 1,300 points and a Gold Trophy. How many points do I need to get a Platinum Trophy on that minigame?

Aegon

I really like this game. The difficulty level for certain attractions is perfect. The Pikmin and Metroid games are two of my favourites, though the Zelda, Mario and Animal Crossing ones are great too. I've currently got fifty-six prizes.

TheEliteEmpoleon

My brother and sister and I love this game! My favorite attraction is the Pikmin one. I think they tried on that one to get people who didn't know about Pikmin to like it, since the last game in the series came out in like 2004. My siblings' favorite is Mario Chase, which is also very fun.

Torpoleon

Really loving this game. I've played it a lot and I like all the attractions. Hard for me to pick a favorite, though I've been playing Battle Quest, Pikmin Adventure & Metroid Blast a lot, as well as the solo attractions. Haven't played the Competitive ones a lot because my brother doesn't feel like playing them too much.