• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo NoA; NOT releasing...

sceptile33

I'm surprised that Operation Rainfall blog actually said that they might/will come to America, because I would think that they would want everyone to keep on campaigning until Nintendo officially confirms they would bring the games over.

If they weren't 100% sure about this source I don't see why they would make it public.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I wouldn't give it too much credit. Going over the neogaf thread, it seems NoA is testing, but the Pal version. Another Code R had this, so its most likely just testing it for PAL regions.

Chris

Old Coot
I wouldn't give it too much credit. Going over the neogaf thread, it seems NoA is testing, but the Pal version. Another Code R had this, so its most likely just testing it for PAL regions.
While it's best to take things with a grain of salt (as I mentioned earlier, Earth Bound was done but never released), Another Code R isn't the best example, as there wasn't even an NTSC-U version worked out like Xenoblade is, supposedly.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
While it's best to take things with a grain of salt (as I mentioned earlier, Earth Bound was done but never released), Another Code R isn't the best example, as there wasn't even an NTSC-U version worked out like Xenoblade is, supposedly.
Thing is for them to be working on testing out the Pal version without an NTSC in sight, even if at one point there was in the name of Monado, gives a lot of ground to say if its not coming more then if it is.

Electric

For this "source," if Nintendo of America was testing out the PAL version, then doesn't that mean they would make the game itself region free? Because if they were testing the PAL version, they would need either:

Option 1: Have a European Wii with all of the cables, a European to America power converter, and a TV that can read PAL signals. But why would they do this?

Option 2: American Wii, because the game is region free. This makes sense.

BCVM22

They would never release a region-free game on a region-locked system. That isn't any sort of realistic possibility.

No doubt someone will bring up some largely unrelated example in an attempt to counter that. Please save yourself the trouble - what I mean is clear enough.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Kinda now seeing why we ain`t getting Pikmin 2 for Wii here in America. It`s kinda like why we haven`t seen an Earthbound release on the Virtual Console. That game ( Pikmin 2 ) has a lot of treasures in the game are copyrighted all ready. Now gonna hope that Miyamoto gets them to release it here in America just for the fact that would be a 10th Anniversary of the series. After that has been a little thing about why I think America hasn`t got Pikmin 2 for Wii as I am posting this , I`m kinda waiting to see if that news from a source close to Nintendo of America is truthful about that Xenoblade has a NTCS version that is complete and waiting to be release. Still again not a reply from Nintendo about there are games that are currently MIA would have a change to see the light of day. They have probably have deleted my e-mail already. I`m sorry about my post starting off with Pikmin 2. Kinda had on my mind when I was reading that article about why they are no Virtual Console version of Earthbound. Now after that apology , Gonna probably not try again with asking Nintendo about the games that they have AWOL`ed during the current lifespan of the Wii. Still though gonna hope that I would get a reply because of me worrying if there gonna release the MIA Wii games anytime soon.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Now gonna hope that Miyamoto gets them to release it here in America just for the fact that would be a 10th Anniversary of the series.

Why would Miyamoto would try and get Pikmin 2 released in the US? It isn't his problem nor is it his job.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Sorry , I was just thinking that he would try to encourage Nintendo of America to release the game here in America if there is still a slim chance in the dark. But hey , I can still just buy a pre-owned copy of the game from Gamestop if Nintendo of America let's the New Play Control version of Pikmin 2 go AWOL'ed for ever. Now that this has been taken care of , Still gonna keep my ears out about any news for the Operation Rainfall games getting NTCS versions any time in the near future. So adios for now until there is new info about the games. I'm still gonna be here on the forums but not here on this thread until new info comes out.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Last edited:

BCVM22

Trademarking product names that will never be used but sound like legitimate products is as routine as it gets for big companies. Doing this means Nintendo of America owns the American trademark for the name "The Last Story", thus preventing any other entity from using it and giving them full legal recourse if someone tries.

They do it with Pokémon in particular all the time, and unfortunately, people do exactly what you're doing, which is take the information to automatically mean something it doesn't necessarily mean at all and go nutso over it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Trademarking product names that will never be used but sound like legitimate products is as routine as it gets for big companies. Doing this means Nintendo of America owns the American trademark for the name "The Last Story", thus preventing any other entity from using it and giving them full legal recourse if someone tries.

They do it with Pokémon in particular all the time, and unfortunately, people do exactly what you're doing, which is take the information to automatically mean something it doesn't necessarily mean at all and go nutso over it.
Amen. This apparently wonderful news means absolutely nothing in terms of it coming to North America.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
So I take it, I won't be able to play any of these games unless I import a copy of it, and even then, I need to jailbreak my Wii?

Electivirus

Not really, no.
So I take it, I won't be able to play any of these games unless I import a copy of it, and even then, I need to jailbreak my Wii?

That seems to be the case, yes. It shouldn't even be necessary, but fortunately, jailbreaking the Wii is abnormally simple. Not that I'm going to explain how to do so, obviously.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Ugh, I need some good Wii RPG's... I REALLY hope they release Xenoblade, it looks like fun...

Hey, maybe I can make do with MHTri...

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I'd recommend Arc Rise Fantasia if you can tolerate the horrendous voice acting it has (though some voices are very good). And yes, this is a budget title.

Seconded. Working on completionist run right now.

Personally, I wish Nintendo of America would just give us conformation of whether or not they plan to release them, instead of a vague maybe. I want these games and would pay full price for them upon release, but oh well. I might just import them.

BCVM22

Personally, I wish Nintendo of America would just give us conformation of whether or not they plan to release them, instead of a vague maybe.

Yeah, that "no plans right now" announcement with nothing official or even unofficial but plausible contradicting it since then is pretty vague.