• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo of America Interview

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Heh, it looks like PokeBeach beat Serebii.net to something: an interview from Pokemon.com with the main people behind PBR. My thoughts:

• Screaming at bug problems is something I don't think constitutes "self-control and...not disturb[ing] others."

• Looks like there were plans to make a more comprehensive tutorial, with tutorial battles, like Earl's Academy, and there was a real plan to make a story--one for each of the Colosseum Leaders. It was all scrapped due to time.

• I never noticed the architectural style of PBR as 1930s art deco until it was mentioned in the interview. This is the first perceptive thing I've found on the main site.

Chris

Old Coot
PokéBeach beat Serebii.net at basically repasting officially posted news on Nintendo's site?

Yeah, REAL EXCLUSIVE.

AfterImage

Azumarill Addict
Looks like there were plans to make a more comprehensive tutorial, with tutorial battles, like Earl's Academy,
It's too bad that never came to be. I'm sure the game would've been open to more people, and less a DP add-on.
and there was a real plan to make a story--one for each of the Colosseum Leaders. It was all scrapped due to time.
Hm. Interesting. It seemed like there would be a story like Colosseum and XD had. The colosseum select seemed somewhat similar to the area select those games had. ('Scept for the fact that Colosseum & XD led to areas, not the colosseums themselves)

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Wow. This is interesting. I would have loved to see a story mode, sadly.

Xain

The Psychic Savior
• I never noticed the architectural style of PBR as 1930s art deco until it was mentioned in the interview. This is the first perceptive thing I've found on the main site.

I caught on to that very quick. Especially with the Ship, Plane, Ect. battle pass.

However, its a shame that they could not include some detail about the colosseum leaders....would have been interesting.

If they were going to add more, I wouldn't have minded a delay..

Cipher

Nothing to be done
It's nice to see the art deco style being brought up in that interview. The style of Genius Sonority's Pokemon games has always been their greatest asset, and that style is at its peak in Battle Revolution. That sort of future/retro mix is really fitting for the Pokemon world, I think.

Pokesomi

I love the art style in PBR and not only that but the play by play is great. Does get a little repetetive but still good.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The thing is that practical restraints keep the announcer from sounding like an actual announcer. He can't effectively describe the matches. Often, he doesn't even announce the Pokémon when the battle begins. He goes like, "The Pokémon stand heroically against a view of PokéTopia at night. The battle begins! Ice Beam hits!"

Of course, the American announcer sounding less enthusiastic than the Japanese one makes a lot of sense--English-language commentators as a whole sound calmer and more relaxed than commentators of many other countries. If you've heard a Latin American soccer commentator or a Japanese baseball commentator, they really get their minds into the game and show a lot of emotion in their speech. Just wait for the 2008 Olympics and listen to the Chinese announcers. I'll bet you they'll sound like a heart attack every five minutes.

Know what would have been funny? Is if boxes of statistics showed up onscreen during times when nothing is happening, like in a real American televised sports event. It would give the opponent an advantage though. Unless it's useless stuff, like Contest ribbons or Pokédex information.
---
The reason why the game was rushed was to get it as close to the Japanese Wii release and the holiday season as possible. The six extra months for the American release saw some additions and refinements: Many Pokémon models were updated and look a lot smoother (compare Pidgeot between Japan and USA, for instance), though it wasn't the only change. (It was the most significant one though.) The sequel to this should be able to blow this one out of the water with more time. It's nothing the Wii can't handle.

R_N

The thing is that practical restraints keep the announcer from sounding like an actual announcer. He can't effectively describe the matches. Often, he doesn't even announce the Pokémon when the battle begins. He goes like, "The Pokémon stand heroically against a view of PokéTopia at night. The battle begins! Ice Beam hits!"

Of course, the American announcer sounding less enthusiastic than the Japanese one makes a lot of sense--English-language commentators as a whole sound calmer and more relaxed than commentators of many other countries. If you've heard a Latin American soccer commentator or a Japanese baseball commentator, they really get their minds into the game and show a lot of emotion in their speech. Just wait for the 2008 Olympics and listen to the Chinese announcers. I'll bet you they'll sound like a heart attack every five minutes.

Know what would have been funny? Is if boxes of statistics showed up onscreen during times when nothing is happening, like in a real American televised sports event. It would give the opponent an advantage though. Unless it's useless stuff, like Contest ribbons or Pokédex information.
---
The reason why the game was rushed was to get it as close to the Japanese Wii release and the holiday season as possible. The six extra months for the American release saw some additions and refinements: Many Pokémon models were updated and look a lot smoother (compare Pidgeot between Japan and USA, for instance), though it wasn't the only change. (It was the most significant one though.) The sequel to this should be able to blow this one out of the water with more time. It's nothing the Wii can't handle.

I didn't know that models were smoothed out in the transition from JP to US.
That is nice information.

ANd yah, I hope that now htat they aren't weighted dwon by time restraints, they can give us a better sequal.

mewfanforlife

I agree the game could really use some mingames like stadium.