• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Offical Magazine's XD reveiw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Today I got my issue of NOM in the mail an I checked the XD reveiw to find a 58%, this is the lowest rated Pokemon RPG I have seen. Do you think this was fair or unfair? discuss...

btw is the game realy that bad to deserve a 58%

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Have you played the game?

I don't know maybe they are anti-pokemon or they been hi jack by anti-nintendo fan.

anyway I don't like game mag because they cost to much.

NOM loves pokemon, they give most games 80%+ and they are not genourous

And yes, I played the game at Hunt for Deoxys, I thought atleast a 70%+....

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Sherlock Shuckle said:
NOM loves pokemon, they give most games 80%+ and they are not genourous

And yes, I played the game at Hunt for Deoxys, I thought atleast a 70%+....

Lucky you don't know much I hate you now ¬_¬

Maybe they were smoking drug at the time or started crying because they can't beat the game and got mad like the last battle after shadow lugia where you have to fight the guy with 6 shadow pokemon.

S

smiley.

I must go buy this months issue...
Can you scan it and show us?

I can't realy scan it at the moment, I can try to scan it when I get onto my main computor, at least it came with a hints book! comes realy handy for purifying

S

smiley.

Wait, It say the game is rubbish, and then provides a hints book? Crazy NOM UK :S

I love this Game! thay shoulfd have at LEAST rated it 70%~

E

Eric Cartman

I'm guessing they're biased morons. XD has to be one of the best Pokemon games. I can't stop playing it.

well the reveiwer does have something againts Orre.... they didn't give emerald a bad reveiw, and all it is is R/S with a few improvements

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
In my opinion people shouldn't trust game reviews. Some people may enjoy the game. Some won't. But that's just my opinion.

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw
As i said on a thread discussing this issue earlier,
Make your own decision!!
Remember that that magazines arn't always right. For example if you remember Sonic Adventure 2: battle, the NOM crew hated it to begin with but were easyer on it after the majority wrote in to say they loved it.
I'm going to buy it regardless of NOM's decision and i think you people should too as we seem to be bigger pokemon fans than any of the guys at NOM!

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw
Oh yeah, i also forgot to mention that i went to the Hunt for Deoxys event as well and XD ROCKS!!

pokemon master:Stranger

Surprise buttsecks!
yes i went to deoxys event and played xd and i thourt about 70 for a raiting but nom was not very open with xd thay just went on about its bad points and never said any thing about the good parts apart from the bit about being able to use deoxys in battle now but what i dont get is battle mode is sucky in my opinon how is using rentals fun evan if you get to use mew?
game freak should have included the modes where you can regster your pokemon but thay have taken that out.

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
The game isn't that bad, but it has a slow start. I live in the US and I've had the game exactly one whole week before it was released. lolol The GameStop had the game and didn't know that they were supposed to sell it whenever it was released.

I've played the game for 29 hours so far and I don't find it boring. I'd give it 90% rating. There is a bit more to do and it's a bit more pleasing than Colosseum. More creatures to snag and a bit more diversity of types, I'm not finding it boring. Only one thing though and I'll say it again; it's a slow start from the beginning.

They have really spiced up the graphics in this one. Some of the animations are more fluid. I noticed that some of the Pokemon models are a bit more clear-cut and look more smooth. I can tell that Genius Sonority did more touch-ups on this game that I thought they could. But there is only one thing I'm dissappointed with; Pokemon cries.

They have used the GBA game sounds and it's still dissappointing. They could AT LEAST used the cries from the Pokemon Stadium games. Those are what I enjoyed most. I find the anime cries more annoying because it's sorta babyish. Mr. Mime could at least make the sound, "Ra-ra-ra!" instead of the GBA game. And, when Pokemon enter the battlefield, they could do their infamous stances from the Sadium series as well. Well, they DO do it in the Poke Spots.

I've seen Sandshrew do its sumo-stance before battle in a Poke Spot.

Power Shot

Reignited with Ego!
I have played the game a few times, I'm getting it today so I can get Lugia's data in my LG version sometime. I felt it was an improvement on the first one with the new shadow attacks and the addition of more Pokemon, as well as the fact that they are easier to purify now.

I feel it is at least worth an eighty, but I don't like it because of the main character. Good Lord man, do you have any idea what you're wearing?!

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
pokemon master:Stranger said:
yes i went to deoxys event and played xd and i thourt about 70 for a raiting but nom was not very open with xd thay just went on about its bad points and never said any thing about the good parts apart from the bit about being able to use deoxys in battle now but what i dont get is battle mode is sucky in my opinon how is using rentals fun evan if you get to use mew?
game freak should have included the modes where you can regster your pokemon but thay have taken that out.

That because the game wasn't made by game freak.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
Well how well did Colosseum do? I'm still waiting for my Nintendo Power. It's probably already in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.