• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Power Flaw?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
They are stupid, it even says in the story that "Dialga, the blue time travel pokemon" and "Palkia, the purple space pokemon" and they STILL mixed up the names. They also mixed up Mime Jr. and Bonsly's chance of appearing for D/P. Who ever did this page is really stupid... >_< I can't even bare to read about it...

Chris

Old Coot
You try writing up an entire magazine and try to make it all in a dead line to have millions of copies printed and shipped around the country. Especially if proof-reading, editing, reviewing said games and so forth are needed to be done in less than a month.

lucario36

You try writing up an entire magazine and try to make it all in a dead line to have millions of copies printed and shipped around the country. Especially if proof-reading, editing, reviewing said games and so forth are needed to be done in less than a month.

thats no excuse. There job is to report the correct information, if they cant handle getting it in on time and meeting their deadline AND get it right, then they shoudnt be the ones doing it.

Fangirl

thats no excuse. There job is to report the correct information, if they cant handle getting it in on time and meeting their deadline AND get it right, then they shoudnt be the ones doing it.

Guess what? Nintendo Power is a magazine that is run completely by--omg surprise!--humans. It's in human nature to make mistakes, and I assure you of all the mistakes they could have made, this is by far the most minute. A noteworthy mistake is if they misprinted it as 'Nintndo Powe' on the front cover. Swapping the names of two Pokemon once in a 4 page article is unimportant and unimpressive.

And besides, if you really think it's that big of a deal, let's see you do better. Oh, right! you're an insignificant worm of a member on an insignificant fan forum tucked away in the worthlessness of the internet. You can't do better than a popular, high selling gaming magazine. 8D Lawlz 2 bad 4 u.

DSDark

Breeder
Okay the picture part may be flawed but if you actually read the article to the side it says that the big blue on is Dialga and the big purple one is Palkia

Diaruga's Master

Fear the Blue Blades
What's stupid is that you're still calling them Diaruga and Parukia when it's been long established that their names were always Dialga and Palkia in Japan.
... Dude, person, whatever, They've NEVER been called "Dailga" and "Palkia" in Japan! Y do u ppl THINK that? Yea so wat the have problems sayin "ru"s that doesn't mean they call them "Dialga" and "Palkia"!

(After i saw this post i didn't bother to read ne thing else, and dont flame me if some1 beat me to it)
(and soz bout the huge-ness)
(and soz if it's off-topic)

Last edited:

Markisious

Colourise the World
I'm a bit of annoyed with all these mistakes...hope don't make many in my precious Diamond and Pearl!

ForeverFlame

... Dude, person, whatever, They've NEVER been called "Dailga" and "Palkia" in Japan! Y do u ppl THINK that? Yea so wat the have problems sayin "ru"s that doesn't mean they call them "Dialga" and "Palkia"!

(After i saw this post i didn't bother to read ne thing else, and dont flame me if some1 beat me to it)

Oh my god. I fell off of my chair, and I laughed for nearly a half an hour after reading that. And if they don't call them "Dialga" and "Palkia", what do they call them? "Poop" and "Pee"?

And we 'think' that, because 'Dialga' and 'Palkia' are their names. There's such thing as Pokemon.com, and Nintendo Power magazines...

zipzap713

@Peteyism
ZOMG A TYPO! TEH WORLD IS COMMING TO AN END!

Good lord people. It is just a typo. I see them all the time in magazines. And if you think about it, they did pretty good. Only one typo in the magazine. Several magazines have like 4-5 typos per issue. Only one is pretty good. At least we know they did a typo. Imagine those poor little kids when they get their game :p they'll be so confused. :p

Jorah

What do I put here?
In the actual article when it describes what they look like, they get the names the right way round. They have the wrong names next to the pictures...I'm guessing they didn't know which was which so they put it both ways round so they can atleast get it right in one place XD

Jay star

Coordinator Lover
I live in england and get the official nintendo mag (just different name) and we havent got a proper review of diamond and pearl yet but that would grind my gears too, also correct me if I'm wrong but I take it you've seen and like the family guy movie? lol

PikamasterADV

No hero. Never was.

Guess what? Nintendo Power is a magazine that is run completely by--omg surprise!--humans. It's in human nature to make mistakes, and I assure you of all the mistakes they could have made, this is by far the most minute.

What are these "humons" you speak of? And what are they doing running a magazine.

That's a job for super-intelligent aliens or robots to do.

</sarcasmtag>

PsychoDan

ZOMG A TYPO! TEH WORLD IS COMMING TO AN END!

Good lord people. It is just a typo. I see them all the time in magazines. And if you think about it, they did pretty good. Only one typo in the magazine. Several magazines have like 4-5 typos per issue. Only one is pretty good. At least we know they did a typo. Imagine those poor little kids when they get their game :p they'll be so confused. :p

I didn't think it's a big deal, but it's also hardly the only error in that issue. The worst I saw was in the short preview for an upcoming game, where 2 of the 3 screenshots were from an 11 year old SNES game instead.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Eh it still is a pretty big mistake for Nintendo I mean none of us would make that stupid mistake.

maybe a way to get their sales up?
kids will get pearl to try to get dialga, then when they figured they got the wrong one, they buy the other one?

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
Maybe if you're a purist =/
That's not being a purist. He/she already said that it's more fun to type Dairuga/Parukia. Also, it can't be purist if those aren't even their names in Japanese. :\

But it is something that is concerning. I know that they're allowed to make mistakes from time to time, but I'm expecting mistakes like adding an extra letter or putting a comma in the wrong place, not switching names around. It's different than one person making a mistake. I would imagine they have a team of editors, or at least one competent editor, who could catch mistakes like that. It doesn't upset me, but I bet it will upset someone who thinks Dialga is Palkia and Palkia is Dialga.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Wow...okay, so now people can make Threads on topics like this? You know there is already a Thread discussing the Nintendo Power issue featuring Diamond and Pearl on this forum, right? I really don't see why there had to be an entirely new Thread on this, especially since people were talking about it IN the said Thread.

Anyways, they also say in the article that Piplup learns Water Gun at an early level, however, the Piplup line learns only the bubble moves, sooo...

Chris

Old Coot

diapal.jpg

You lose, dipshit. Study more Japanese and become an hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.