• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Power Flaw?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villi

Shimama!
I was looking in my semi-new Nintendo Power, you know the one the section on Pokemon D/P, and I found an error on page 76. On the page with Dialga and Palkia, they mixed up the names. It says that the blue guy is Palkia and the pink one is Dialga. Now this may seem like nit-picking, but it really grinds my gears.

So, did anyone else notice this?

Ho-oh Master

Um ok o_O Its just a typo thats happened many times.

Chris

Old Coot
This is new how? Nintendo made similar mistakes on their site.

-Turtwig with Clorophyl (though this was fixed)
-Prof. Rowan being named by his Japanese name, despite already being named Rowan earlier.
-Revenge being a "new" attack.

??????

That guy.
Hate. There is already too much in the world...
Why must you think nintendo is perfect? Everyone makes mistakes...

pokemon rulez!!!!!

Awesome Dialga!
I saw that to. Well look at it this way. Some like a certain game for it's Mascot Pokemon.

So if someone likes Diamond for Dialga and now they may think Palkia is Dialga so they get Pearl. Get it. This may be only for people without internet. Suckers.:p

aquasuicune

That is a really stupid mistake. Diaruga and Parukia have been some of the most hyped-over pokemon, and a widely published magazine switched their names! It seems even more stupid when you realize that they got the names correct in the text to the left!

Villi

Shimama!
Hate. There is already too much in the world...
Why must you think nintendo is perfect? Everyone makes mistakes...

Hate. I don't hate this.
I know Nintendo isn't perfect, but this was a pretty dumb mistake. And the little kids who just learned of D/P from the magazine may get screwed up.

Chris

Old Coot
That is a really stupid mistake. Diaruga and Parukia have been some of the most hyped-over pokemon, and a widely published magazine switched their names! It seems even more stupid when you realize that they got the names correct in the text to the left!
What's stupid is that you're still calling them Diaruga and Parukia when it's been long established that their names were always Dialga and Palkia in Japan.

rychu_supadude

I like spaghetti
I know they're not perfect, but have they never heard of proofreaders?

Who knows... maybe they're rushed for time or something. And it's not like it really matters anyway, although their credibility will suffer in the eyes of some.

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
It's really nothing new they have done it before so i wouldn't worry about it that much

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
What's stupid is that you're still calling them Diaruga and Parukia when it's been long established that their names were always Dialga and Palkia in Japan.

Diaruga and Parukia are more fun to type than Dialga and Palkia.

:D

E.J.S

Gurren Lagann.
Next issue someone will probably just put it in the correcters corner and then they'll know they made a stupid mistake and correct themselves. So you dont have to freak out how they messed something up, in fact they mess up about every issue...Maybe they do it on purpose(JK).

Gardevoir12

Random Title
Although I think I'm the only one who thinks this, I think that NP made that mistake on purpose for the same reason that Turtwig had Clorophyll on the official site. I think they mess up and act clueless so that when the correct information "comes" they make it seem like nintendo made changes like the game is coming out for the first time in the US.

Kalavinka

Diaruga and Parukia are more fun to type than Dialga and Palkia.

:D

Maybe if you're a purist =/

--;491;

Fangirl

*shrug* I can't think of any one who cares. Small children don't remember names anyway. They'll simply see Palkia or Dialga and think, 'Oooh, he's cool!'. Then they'll buy the game that has their legend of choice plastered all over the front of the case.

Not like this foul-up caused any irreparable damage to anyone. Next issue there will be correction with some witty comment over how the screwed up, probably mentioned that it was just 'too cool' for them to think straight or some ******** like that because Nintendo Power is incapable of promoting a game without coating it in cotton candy and a*s fluff and cramming it down our throats like we're three.

Status
Not open for further replies.