• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Press Conference - Oct. 2,3

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
It's been confirmed that Nintendo will hold a simultaneous press conference in Japan and the U.S. (San Francisco) on October 2nd, and continue in San Francisco on the 3rd.

There is speculation that it will include news on Disaster: Day of Crisis, plus more news on the 'core games' (i.e. Zelda, Metroid, etc...). I'm personally hoping for a Zelda announcement and a Gold/Silver remake (that last one seems pretty outlandish I know, but one can dream).

Anyone with speculation on what this might include?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
It's been confirmed that Nintendo will hold a simultaneous press conference in Japan and the U.S. (San Francisco) on October 2nd, and continue in San Francisco on the 3rd.

There is speculation that it will include news on Disaster: Day of Crisis, plus more news on the 'core games' (i.e. Zelda, Metroid, etc...). I'm personally hoping for a Zelda announcement and a Gold/Silver remake (that last one seems pretty outlandish I know, but one can dream).

Anyone with speculation on what this might include?

Pretty sure they are going to announce something on the DS's successor. Nikkei already reported about the system and said it could be out as early as this holiday season... so hopefully we will hear something about it.

And as for the G/S remake... as awesome as that may be.... dream on buddy

BCVM22

All signs point to this being the announcement of the next DS model, yes.

And as for your hope of a G/S remake being announced, disregarding that debate, this isn't the sort of event at which they would announce such a title, so you can put that away for now.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I think the should annonce/hint progress on mainstream game. But, as far Fetched as it seems I really would like to see if a Kid Icarus remake could be hinted. But like BCVM said. This is not the thing they discuss at these Confrences. The latter is more of an E3 thing.

But one can dream.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I'm personally hoping for a Zelda announcement and a Gold/Silver remake (that last one seems pretty outlandish I know, but one can dream).

Unless I am proven wrong in some way, they won't make one. There would be no point in doing so, since FR/LG was made so people can axcess the 1st gen (and to some extent, the 2nd gen) Pokemon that weren't put into R/S.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Unless I am proven wrong in some way, they won't make one. There would be no point in doing so, since FR/LG was made so people can axcess the 1st gen (and to some extent, the 2nd gen) Pokemon that weren't put into R/S.
People are getting their hopes up with the leaked "Arrived from Jhoto" data in D/P.

But its not gonna happen

Last edited:

elite ralf

the conference shall include the revelation of the upcoming revamp of the DS. and I'm wishing for it to have cellular phone features (like SMS and standard phone calls), not just PICTOCHAT. ^^

it must also include golden sun 3!!!!!! T.T

G/S remake's cool.^^

Wat.
New Pokemon games arent really announced at these, while it is great it appeals to the casual audience a lot so they would try and make it so they know too.
I swear, if it becomes a cell phone, Im throwing my current one at the wall till its defective and taking it back for the DS 3.
I expect to hear of: Ds 3 and wii motion plus (probably a game or two for each of them, like Red steel 2 for wii, even though it isnt first party). Hopes for DS 3 game: Give ur money to Nintendo: the simulation of what you will do in about 5 minutes.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.

Hey, people are still gonna buy it. What do they care, as long as it makes money for them?

But I'm not gonna turn this into a G/S remake debate so...

Yeah, I'm hoping for the DS upgrade announcement as well. Hopefully we'll get some concept pictures or something like that.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, lookign forward to it mainly because of the speculation that they'll be anouncing some new DS. I've read some speculated features for it (Like MP3 playback stuff) and I''m hoping it's true.

woot21

super noob
We have rumors of the new DS. RUMORS!!! That can't be stressed enough.
Hopes for DS 3 game
Im hoping to hear about the DS 3 too.
Wait DS 3? What happened to number 2?

These types of press conferences seem more like a place where the causal gamer won't know much about, but the core gamers will know about, and follow online, or otherwise. It seems much more likely to be a place where a couple core games are at least hinted at, if not announced. And if, if, there is a new DS model it could possibly unveiled at this too.

woot21 out dawgs

shinydragonite

I hate bidoof
i want them to announce a new metriod game for the ds..... THATS 2D not like hunters..

Thriller

Its almost time
You know what ticks me off about the new DS? I bought a DS Lite THREE MONTHS AGO!

Its like, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just how many times do they plan on updating the same system? The only reason I got the DS Lite in the first place, my old DS was all worn out and I liked the back light in the system. But why didn't the system have that in the first place?

Hey, know whats peculiar? They only seem to upgrade their portable devices these days. How come there was no N64 2 or Gamecube 2 (in fact, they were planning on a Gamecube/DVD Player combo once)? They re-released the NES and SNES, since they're so money hungry (as if already being a multi-billionaire business ain't enough) why don't they re-release their home consoles? MAKE A WII WITH A DVD PLAYER! I'LL BUY IT!

Seriously though, it would be rather stupid for Nintendo to do such a thing. I don't see why people hate the Wii for that. You know, just recently my mom bought a brand new DVD player for $30.00. Now granted, it was a 3rd party company I've never even heard of but it works like a charm.

My whole point is, why does Nintendo think putting a effing camera in the DS make people go "OMG must buy!!!!!1?" Its like a cell-phone. Who uses it for calling people these days? Its always *tap-tap-tap-tap* on the keypad to send your girlfriend/boyfriend a text message or showing off all the music they stored on it. Pretty soon, the DS will suffer the same problem.

But going back on topic, I hope the DS 2 won't be the only thing discussed. Seriously, E3 was a joke. I'm kinda looking forward to Animal Crossing City Folk but since I thought Animal Crossing Wild World was awful and made the first game (which I practically lived on) look bad. So yeah, I hope some new games are revealed here.

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
You know what ticks me off about the new DS? I bought a DS Lite THREE MONTHS AGO!

Its like, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just how many times do they plan on updating the same system? The only reason I got the DS Lite in the first place, my old DS was all worn out and I liked the back light in the system. But why didn't the system have that in the first place?

Hey, know whats peculiar? They only seem to upgrade their portable devices these days. How come there was no N64 2 or Gamecube 2 (in fact, they were planning on a Gamecube/DVD Player combo once)? They re-released the NES and SNES, since they're so money hungry (as if already being a multi-billionaire business ain't enough) why don't they re-release their home consoles? MAKE A WII WITH A DVD PLAYER! I'LL BUY IT!

Seriously though, it would be rather stupid for Nintendo to do such a thing. I don't see why people hate the Wii for that. You know, just recently my mom bought a brand new DVD player for $30.00. Now granted, it was a 3rd party company I've never even heard of but it works like a charm.

My whole point is, why does Nintendo think putting a effing camera in the DS make people go "OMG must buy!!!!!1?" Its like a cell-phone. Who uses it for calling people these days? Its always *tap-tap-tap-tap* on the keypad to send your girlfriend/boyfriend a text message or showing off all the music they stored on it. Pretty soon, the DS will suffer the same problem.

But going back on topic, I hope the DS 2 won't be the only thing discussed. Seriously, E3 was a joke. I'm kinda looking forward to Animal Crossing City Folk but since I thought Animal Crossing Wild World was awful and made the first game (which I practically lived on) look bad. So yeah, I hope some new games are revealed here.

the reason they dont make remakes of home systems is because 1. it would cost too much. 2. no one would buy it because because they dont care if their home console is smaller or prettier, it just sits their, unlike the ds or gameboy, they upgrade them to be more comfortable and look better. and the new ds isnt a remake, its a whole new conole

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Just how many times do they plan on updating the same system?

They only seem to upgrade their portable devices these days.

They'll update a system as many times as it'll take to keep making a profit on it. They made a profit on the DS Lite obviously, so they're hoping thins works just as well.

And they only update the portable devices because it's a lot cheaper to do these days than to upgrade a home console.

Anyways, I'm hoping some games get announced as well, and seeing how it's a 2-day conference, there's got to be more than just a DS upgrade. I hope something big is just around the corner...