• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console!!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Interesting... so are they going to be making games just for this controller too?

Thriller

Its almost time
Looks like the games are portable. Just download them onto your portable device! Portable HD is invented already you know :p

Sabonea_Masukippa

I'm suspicious. Putting any sort of processing power in the controller itself automatically shoots up their price beyond what I'd consider reasonable.

On the other hand, there have been rumours that the controller/console combo is usable with the TV off, which potentially makes it portable ... around your living room.

Either that or the controller just has a 3G/Wi-Fi connection type jig and we'll be playing iphone-quality software streaming from the cloud.

Or, possibly, only one tablet controller is necessary per system (which comes in the box, obviously) and you can simply play games with Wii-Motes/Gamecube-style controllers as well if you're cheap like me.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Good point. Capable of producing GBA-ish graphics on its own, but can stream from the console for full Next Gen good-ness.

Oh, and the Nikkei article also points to a mid-year release next year, which seems reasonable.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
In addition, the controller can be used on its own as a portable console.

Don't know the source or how trustable it may/may not be, but I'm calling ******** on this.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Nikkei, the Japanese version of the Wall Street Journal (I guess), who first revealed some details of the 3DS last year.

TicoPokemonMaster

I don't know if any one knows about this or it has been talked about but Sony and the guy that created Metal Gear Solid created Transfarring which is a program that tranfers full game content from a PS3 game to the PSP. That basically kills most of what the cafe controller was about. So now I think nintendo is in a big junk of trouble.
http://psp.ign.com/articles/117/1172361p1.html

BCVM22

That basically kills most of what the cafe controller was about. So now I think nintendo is in a big junk of trouble.

I can only imagine how you arrived at this alarmist and ill-conceived conclusion, itself still based on nothing but rumors and hearsay.

How does one console game supposedly possessing the ability to transfer content to a linked handheld system kill what Nintendo is rumored to be doing with the controllers for its new console?

TicoPokemonMaster

I can only imagine how you arrived at this alarmist and ill-conceived conclusion, itself still based on nothing but rumors and hearsay.

How does one console game supposedly possessing the ability to transfer content to a linked handheld system kill what Nintendo is rumored to be doing with the controllers for its new console?

Everyone is saying the Nekki is a reable japanese journal and they confirmed that the controller will be a portable gaming device.

woot21

super noob

BCVM22

I'm probably thinking too specifically, or something. I dunno.

Yes. Nintendo's not going to undermine their own handheld pillar with the controllers for their console pillar. You are well aware of this, I'm sure.

the black lugia

FEAR ME NOW
i can't wait to get the 3DS